PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks - Newbie here

sv65073
21-07-08, 07:07 AM
Good morning, just thought i'd pop a note to say hi.

Passed my DAS last week and now looking for an SV650. I love sites like this, a mine of useful information.....and I'm sure some less useful stuff too!

I'm gonna be buying as soon as I find the right bike at the right price blah blah, so any useful advice and tips would be more than welcome. I'm sure I'll eventually stumble across all i need to know but it would be good to get there before I buy and not after, so some general pointers would be great.

So all this curvy versus pointed stuff then........Am I going to be blanked on the road by the curvy guys if i get myself a pointy or does it not run that deep?

I'll be posting some of the usual newbie questions I guess, and i'm sure i'll get flamed for not using the search function etc, but be generous, treat it as an opportunity to reignite all those old debates.

Thanks folks and heres to some happy shopping.

Brad

Alpinestarhero
21-07-08, 07:14 AM
Morning, and welcome!

Na, we superior curvy riders won't blank the lesser pointy riders, but they do get reminded their machines are not as good :takeabow:

Well done on passing your DAS, and not a moment too soon what with the new regulations coming into force! DO you have a particular preference of SV? How much are you looking to spend? You can pick up very tidy 1999 curvy's for ?1500 now I think.

Stick around :D

Matt

Jayneflakes
21-07-08, 11:32 AM
'Ello,

I found a lovely Silver Pointy, in a shop that sells motorbikes, for sale for a not indecent amount of money... :D

I found the Motorbike shop by crossing the road from the mountain bike shop, where I was looking at buying a new Kona Full suspension mountain bike.

Why did I buy the SV? It was pretty... :smt041
Why did I not buy the Kona? The man in the shop was a Twunt! :(

Welcome to the Org

Speedy Claire
21-07-08, 11:45 AM
Hiya and a big welcome

Bear
21-07-08, 11:51 AM
Welcome dude!

Filipe M.
21-07-08, 11:52 AM
Benvindo ao manicomio. Cuidado com o Urso. 8-[

Luckypants
21-07-08, 12:56 PM
Croeso! :cool:

krhall
21-07-08, 03:37 PM
Pointy all the way - oh and welcome. You are right this site is superb and IMO the most knowledgeable site I have ever been on.

Especially the K3 and especially the YD8 colour!!!

Nostrils
21-07-08, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the board and congratulations on passing your DAS. Tips: Probably the best thing to do is find a bike shop that has new and used bikes (I am assuming SV's) and try both a curvy and pointy! I understand that Suzuki are offering £400 cashback on new, but dont take the dealer price , negotiate the price before £400 cashback is included.

Just to add, I didnt take up my own advise, I ordered by CBR125 before my CBT - I passed. I took my DAS, passed and rode the CBR125 for about 50miles before stopping off at a Suzuki Main Dealer to browse and walked away having signed up for a new SV without riding one and they'd taken my CBR in exchange there and then!

No regrets other than I should go out on it more, need to sort out storage at home rather than at my bro's and hours drive away!

littleperson
21-07-08, 07:38 PM
Hi and welcome

I no clue abt which is better a curvy or pointy mind I got a curvy so cud be biased;)

We all belong to the same club:grouphug: in the end!

Enjoy the riding I do wish was out more

Lots of time after Friday as 5 weeks of not goin to see the little people:D
Hope the weather is good and not like last year rain for the 5 weeks:(

mister c
22-07-08, 07:07 AM
Ow do & welcome to th'org :)