PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe sellers

timwilky
21-07-08, 09:02 AM
So the brother house is now an Aprilia household.

one Mille for him, red, sexy and smile inducing. Exactly what the seller described. An Italian beauty.

One little 50cc Aprilia sonic moped for the nephew. Just past its MOT, advisor that the rear hugger was loose so the seller tightened it up.

It had not been used for 18 moths so the seller says battery is flat. After 2 days on charge it still won't turn over the starter, so fit new battery. Still wont turn.

I went down yesterday with meter, charging is working fine. so must be either the starter relay or motor. Relay easy to find and not at fault. Bugger me can I find the starter, not. Stripped off all the plastic. try to trace the wiring as it must go to it somehow. Eventually found it under the rear hugger. No wonder it was loose when they MOTed it. They must have tried to fix the starter.

What a stupid place to fit it. covered in ****, what a stupid design these things are. Brother only has basic tools. So I need to get rear wheel off in order to get to the lower starter bolt. Sodding heck, you need to take off the exhaust to take off the wheel. Sod that. I will go back to his house later in the week with proper tools.

Seller must have known the starter was goosed as they have had the thing since new and blamed it on the battery. But as it has only done 2000 miles. I don't think much of Italian reliability. God help him with the Mille