PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance

lily
21-07-08, 02:34 PM
Me and drew have been doing some talking over the weekend and we don't know if it is worth getting a life insurance policy for the pair of us in the event of "what if"

Currently me and drew haven't got a mortgage or any dependents (apart from each other). So it would either pay out to our parents if we both went, or which ever one of us if left.

Do you reckon it is worth us investigating and if so what companies would you recommend?

I know it is a morbid subject but maybe it's a sign I'm growing up! :rolleyes:

Lily :D

carty
21-07-08, 02:40 PM
I got it basically to cover my mortgage if I pop it. If I didn't have a mortgage or kids I probably wouldn't get it. I used a broker called parasolfinancials who are good and will recommend a policy for you based on circumstances. You don't pay them anything, they get a commission from the underwriter if you take out a policy.

Cheers,
Matt

Gazza77
21-07-08, 02:42 PM
If I didn't have a mortgage or kids I probably wouldn't get it.

+1

I'm in a similar position of looking at options given the move in with the mrs. Unless you have joint liabilities you need to cover though, what is the point?

fizzwheel
21-07-08, 02:42 PM
I never had it till I got my mortgage now I have it so that there wont be a financial mess left behind if something happens to me.

As for where to get it, go and see an independant financial advisor and get them to help you with it if you're not sure.

Personally in your situation I wouldnt and didnt bother...