PDA

View Full Version : Serbs capture Father Ted

$tevo
22-07-08, 08:04 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Apparently, the money was just resting in his account...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44851000/jpg/_44851843_karadzic_ap466i.jpg

Viney
22-07-08, 08:08 AM
:lol:

Alpinestarhero
22-07-08, 08:35 AM
Why can I see this as being the following scene:

Ted; "Dougle, don't tell them who I am!"

Dougle; "Oh, don't worry father ted, I wouldn't do such a thing"

:eye:

G
22-07-08, 08:40 AM
LOL

Although to do with that guy and the real story.......War is War. He ordered the killing of a religious following that was causing his country at the time a real problem.

Blair/Bush have effectively ordered the killing of thousands of taliban/Al queda who ruled a country, lots of civilians have been killed as well. What gave them anymore of a right to go in and sort it out than that guy had back then.

None in my opinion, they are no better than him, or he is no worse than them depending upon which wing you sit on.

It all makes me laugh really

timwilky
22-07-08, 08:41 AM
Sorry, not a subject for joking. This joker is directly responsible for the death of a couple of hundred thousand people. years of misery and making the UN look like a bunch of ineffective to55ers. Which they were as they stood by whilst 5000 were murdered at Sbraneca.

They just need to catch his chief henchman Ratco Mladić.Pity Slobodan Milošević died before justice.

Alpinestarhero
22-07-08, 08:45 AM
Sorry, not a subject for joking.

No, you're right, sorry tim

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 09:26 AM
Sorry, not a subject for joking. This joker is directly responsible for the death of a couple of hundred thousand people. years of misery and making the UN look like a bunch of ineffective to55ers. Which they were as they stood by whilst 5000 were murdered at Sbraneca.

They just need to catch his chief henchman Ratco Mladić.Pity Slobodan Milošević died before justice.

You are right Tim,

I know that Amnesty will have a lot of detail about the crimes this man committed, here (http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/EUR63/010/2000/en/dom-EUR630102000en.html) is just one.

timwilky
22-07-08, 10:29 AM
**comment removed by Ping**

I have some very good Muslim friends. they are not all extremists/fundamentalists etc. Many of our hospitals would be without staff if it wasn't for Muslim staff.

I suppose you subscribe to the round bullets for christians and square for turks as well.

timwilky
22-07-08, 10:31 AM
Oh look disappearing posts as well.

conscience or mods at work

Ping
22-07-08, 10:33 AM
Mod at work.

Tim would you mind editing your post please?

neio79
22-07-08, 10:34 AM
I have some very good Muslim friends. they are not all extremists/fundamentalists etc. Many of our hospitals would be without staff if it wasn't for Muslim staff.

I suppose you subscribe to the round bullets for christians and square for turks as well.

NO i have my views on Muslims and my reasons for distrusting them and not liking them.

21QUEST
22-07-08, 10:34 AM

Lol

I think G somewhat makes a good point ;)

Ben

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 10:39 AM

I would hope that it was conscience, surely no one in this modern age in Britain can advocate the murder of a race of people because of their religion?

There were quite a few links on the amnesty site to the history of War crimes in Serbia, it did not just include the murder of the people, but the systematic removal of them from their homes, forcing them to become refugees, in effect stateless.

It was on the news when these stories were first being told that I heard the term ethnic cleansing. Surely not even someone on here would advocate this process, even if it was just a provocative statement to fuel discussion?

I live in hope that all people are basically descent, but just have to find that common ground of friendship.

neio79
22-07-08, 10:43 AM
I would hope that it was conscience, surely no one in this modern age in Britain can advocate the murder of a race of people because of their religion?

No i was not advocating going out and killing i was stating it aint a bad thing if a few of a relegion and belief are reason for a lot of the worlds issues werent here any more.

anyway not going to argeu or get into a debate about it, i am NOT going to appologise for not liking Muslims or thier religion, call me what you want for that its water of a ducks back.

I have my reasons!!

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 10:46 AM
Just in Case anyone is interested, here (http://www.amnesty.org.uk/content.asp?CategoryID=10893) is Amnesty International.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/images/ai_logo.gif

Rog
22-07-08, 11:53 AM

Sorry Tim, but I disagree with your here. $tevo was purely making a humerous observation about the similarities between the picture and Father Ted. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that as it pokes fun at him and doesnt relate to his crimes which were atrocious.

timwilky
22-07-08, 01:18 PM
No I think it is wrong to point fun at him, it belittles his atrocities and reduces them to a sidenote associated with a man who looks a bit like Father Ted.

We still poke fun at Hitler and his crew (Think of bike sketch etc.) But the world has had near on 70 years to accept they were a bunch of murdering bigots who thought genocide was acceptable. There are still a lot in the former Yugoslavia who still think of Milošević, Karadzic and Mladić as heros.

Until the guys behind the Bosnian war crimes (On all sides) have their day in court. The only comments any onlooker should be making is to condemn their crimes.

stewie
22-07-08, 01:35 PM
No I think it is wrong to point fun at him, it belittles his atrocities and reduces them to a sidenote associated with a man who looks a bit like Father Ted.

We still poke fun at Hitler and his crew (Think of bike sketch etc.) But the world has had near on 70 years to accept they were a bunch of murdering bigots who thought genocide was acceptable. There are still a lot in the former Yugoslavia who still think of Milošević, Karadzic and Mladić as heros.

Until the guys behind the Bosnian war crimes (On all sides) have their day in court. The only comments any onlooker should be making is to condemn their crimes.
+1

sv-robo
22-07-08, 05:40 PM
Just wait until Bishop Brennan catches up with him!lol.

Warthog
22-07-08, 05:44 PM

+1

I thought it was funny and if you think that I somehow as a result of that feel indifferent about mass murdering and war crimes then you are VERY mistaken.

CoolGirl
22-07-08, 06:04 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44853000/jpg/_44853453_b20d2af2-3e1c-4226-a739-033822a6a6d4.jpg (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7519039.stm)

looks more like an off-duty Father Christmas doing the 'hat' trick from what I can see. But that's just an opinion on his appearance, not his benevolence or skills as a magician (or lack of).

yorkie_chris
22-07-08, 10:35 PM
Although to do with that guy and the real story.......War is War. He ordered the killing of a religious following that was causing his country at the time a real problem.

War is waged against armed enemies. Slaughtering unarmed civilians is something entirely different, which is why the UN thinks that it's a little bit naughty.

"Race of people" when applied to the Balkans? Quantify that a little neio... religion and race are a little bit different... and there's the small matter of Turkey in between the Balkans and the middle east. In fact as I understand it the majority of Muslims in those states were "converted" by the expansion of the ottoman empire. Bit of a different situation to the Arab states.

Anyway, the "Arab/European - know the difference" poster aside...

Why can anyone dislike any religion is beyond me, it's a little daft to blame a religion, the problems aren't started by what is in mostly all religions, basically peaceful scripture. The wars are started by people using religion as a tool, in the attempt to gain power.

Christianity is guilty of it, Islam is guilty of it.

This might come over as a little more of a balanced arguement than people are used to, but I still advocate setting hook-handed nutjob clerics on fire. (before anyone accuses me of being a pillow-biter..)

chakraist
22-07-08, 10:56 PM
I have my reasons!!

Please explain! There is literally not one reason that you should dislike Islam simply because there are a few crazies.

It would be like saying that all Christians should be shot because of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Don't be silly, mate.

neio79
23-07-08, 06:29 AM
Please explain! There is literally not one reason that you should dislike Islam simply because there are a few crazies.

It would be like saying that all Christians should be shot because of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Don't be silly, mate.

I dont have to of need to explain to anyone why i dont. Yes a lot has to do wit hthe way things are in the world , and yes i think a lot is down to Islam. Of course not all are like that , but i have a distrust of Islam.

Lets just leave it at that as it will just open a can of worms and a lot of people getting on their soap box to flame me.And i really cant be bothered to Argue over it.

Al_Sweetman
23-07-08, 06:58 AM

Has to be said that I agree for the most part.

However, two mute points: If you ignore his bigoted genocidal views then Hitler/Goebells and the propaganda machine were actually the 'best' (in terms of what he acomplished and where he managed to take Germany) and most efficient leaders the 18th, 19th and 20th century have seen.

To go from a country that's crippled to being the (arguably) 2nd or 3rd strongest in the world, in 7 or 8 years, is pretty good going....

Too bad he spoiled it by being a tw*t and killing all those Jews.

Point two: Maybe humour is some peoples way of dealing with the scale of what actually occured. Some people deal with death by joking to releave tension/pain, some morn, some mope and some are arses. I don't know.

Finally, I have to say that Amnesty International are actually one of the biggest bunch of hypocrites that are going... Sure, they have lots of information about these nasty people, but how many times do they go in with their "own" views on what's right, siding with who they percieve the "guilty party" to be -> oh, that's similar to Bush and his cronies and the most recent war on Iraq! Some people I'm sure are fantastic, but the majority of their goons (from my personal experience and interractions with them which is quite a lot as I used to be a member) are biased sheep...

(note: I abhor war, I think the best way to solve all the current issues would be in the style of Ali-G).

/me ducks out now.