PDA

View Full Version : Heights and Vertigo

G
22-07-08, 02:02 PM
I'm not very good with heights. Not sure where it came from to be honest, I think it may be down to falling out of to many tree and landing on my head.

Anyway watching this video made me have butterflys and feel physically sick at times lol

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

Enjoy

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 04:09 PM
Nice video, but it makes me really want to go climbing.

I am a climbing instructor and I had a reputation for being a mad solo climber while I was actually working.

The stupid bit: I am scared of heights....:smt003

stewie
22-07-08, 04:14 PM
I did some climbing years ago, loved the actual challenge of the climb, never liked topping out though, particularly if it was exposed.

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 04:15 PM
I am a climbing instructor and I had a reputation for being a mad solo climber while I was actually working. :smt003

So here you go, me at the top of a 80 foot cliff, note that on this occasion I do have rope.

http://media5.dropshots.com/photos/472846/20080614/170210.jpg

So who is up for a bit of a session?
Need to climb again....

stewie
22-07-08, 04:32 PM
Always fancied having a go at the vis ferrata routes in the Dolomites (?), looks awesome

Speedy Claire
22-07-08, 05:15 PM
Nice video, but it makes me really want to go climbing.

I am a climbing instructor and I had a reputation for being a mad solo climber while I was actually working.

The stupid bit: I am scared of heights....:smt003

OMG how can you climb if you`re scared of heights??? I`m terrified of heights and my legs turn to jelly, if i feel really scared i`d just either freeze or go on my hands and knees on the floor.

ArtyLady
22-07-08, 06:21 PM
Thats like one of my nightmares!:shock:

Filipe M.
22-07-08, 06:42 PM
OMG how can you climb if you`re scared of heights??? I`m terrified of heights and my legs turn to jelly, if i feel really scared i`d just either freeze or go on my hands and knees on the floor.

Just don't look down. ;)

disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of heights myself ;)

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 07:19 PM

I have heard of divers who suffer from this fear while diving over very deep water.

As for me, I cope because I quite enjoy the feeling, also I am never very far from the ground. It is just vertical instead of horizontal! :D