PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NEC Bike Show

Drew Carey
22-07-08, 05:41 PM
Howdy All

Just wandered who might be going to the 2008 NEC bike show. I know its early days. But heh ho :D

Me and Lily have decided to go. What day would be better......29th November or 6th? We can make either Saturday but wandered which would be better for deals or does it not make much difference.

Drew

Lissa
22-07-08, 06:10 PM
Howdy All

Just wandered who might be going to the 2008 NEC bike show. I know its early days. But heh ho :D

Me and Lily have decided to go. What day would be better......29th November or 6th? We can make either Saturday but wandered which would be better for deals or does it not make much difference.

Drew

Didn't go last year, won't go this year. TBH, I think it's gone right downhill recently. Most of the stalls sell the same old tat, although there are bargains to be had if you're lucky.

Viney
22-07-08, 06:45 PM
Doubt it. Would now be an expensive day out. £50 in fuel, probably £10 to park, and then what, £15ish to get in. Once you have been to one bike show, that should do you for a couple of years imho.

Whatever you do, dont go at a weekend.

neio79
22-07-08, 07:14 PM
ill be going want some SS lines for the Kwak.

sarah
22-07-08, 07:58 PM
Whatever you do, dont go at a weekend.

+1

Paws
22-07-08, 08:52 PM
maybe

Drew Carey
22-07-08, 08:59 PM
Gonna have to go on weekend afraid. No time left for holidays.

darylB
22-07-08, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately not, will be touring China for 17 days and then 4 in Hong Kong, a good reason not to go i think, but theres always next year.:)

Daryl.

ThEGr33k
22-07-08, 10:14 PM
Probably end up going I think. :)

Foey
23-07-08, 07:15 AM
We're going up again, think it's Friday 5th, would never consider going on a weekend, too many kiddies running about & climbing over stuff, bad enough with the 20+yr old kids.

startrek.steve
23-07-08, 07:26 AM
Ill be going at the weekend, the wife wants to buy a full set of new gear, we'll be staying in a hotel if we can get one of those cheap deals. Be nice to have an ORG meetup..
Steve

Drew Carey
23-07-08, 07:30 AM
Ill be going at the weekend, the wife wants to buy a full set of new gear, we'll be staying in a hotel if we can get one of those cheap deals. Be nice to have an ORG meetup..
Steve

When you know which weekend you want to go let me know, if its the same as us will meet up. At the moment we are thinking of going the first Saturday. But waiting to see if anyone else fancies commiting to that.

hovis
23-07-08, 08:27 AM
i would rather go on a week day, as its mental at weekends

saying that if i was to go on the weekend it would have to be the last saturday

Drew Carey
23-07-08, 08:34 AM
I know its going to be mental, but will just have to deal with it. I just thought that the first Saturday may be less busy.....or does it make no difference???

hovis
23-07-08, 09:02 AM
I know its going to be mental, but will just have to deal with it. I just thought that the first Saturday may be less busy.....or does it make no difference???

dunno?

i just thought there may be more bargins towards the end of the show.

although i dont realy need anything,

lily
23-07-08, 09:54 AM
When you know which weekend you want to go let me know, if its the same as us will meet up. At the moment we are thinking of going the first Saturday. But waiting to see if anyone else fancies commiting to that.

i would rather go on a week day, as its mental at weekends

saying that if i was to go on the weekend it would have to be the last saturday

dunno?

But i want to go on the last Saturday..... I said that last night!!!! :rolleyes:

hovis
23-07-08, 09:56 AM
But i want to go on the last Saturday..... I said that last night!!!! :rolleyes:

thats what i said:dwarf:

lily
23-07-08, 09:57 AM
thats what i said:dwarf:

as i said before 'Great minds' lol :D

hovis
23-07-08, 09:57 AM
indeed

although i have never been.......... i think i would be bored just looking at bikes.

lily
23-07-08, 09:59 AM
indeed

although i have never been.......... i think i would be bored just looking at bikes.

But i will be there!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

hovis
23-07-08, 10:00 AM
But i will be there!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

:smt052

Drew Carey
23-07-08, 10:05 AM
Sorry honey. Misunderstood / not paying attention. lol. Second Saturday it is then.

hovis
23-07-08, 10:08 AM
Sorry honey. Misunderstood / not paying attention. lol. Second Saturday it is then.

s'ok;)

Viney
23-07-08, 10:09 AM
ill be going want some SS lines for the Kwak.Er, b the time you pay enterance, getting there, and the lines, wouldnt it be cheaper to get them online ;)

Viney
23-07-08, 10:11 AM
dunno?

Thats a myth. I have been on many a 'last day' and the deals are just the same as the rest of the show and in todays economic climate, probably be worse

BBadger
23-07-08, 10:27 AM
small things like lines and what not stay the same i always thought

seem to always get good deals on clothes as they just want rid so theres room for next years stock.

anyways ill be there rain or shine.. 1st year i can drive with my dad ( go to hell pillion seat!)

startrek.steve
23-07-08, 06:22 PM

we checked the Hotel website today, & they arent advertising any more offers until AFTER september 29th so cant let you know before then Im afraid. Its one of those ?29.00 per night deals, very good VFM. Use them a lot.

Steve

muffles
23-07-08, 07:54 PM
Might be going, but would be the last day of the show probably (for any deals). They might not be any cheaper than the other days but they won't be more - and there is still the chance that they want to get rid of the stock now while people are looking. I need some textiles this winter!! And perhaps some heated grips for the CBR too...

SupaSonic
25-07-08, 08:51 AM

flimbar
25-07-08, 09:01 AM
I went last year and I'd say go if you need some gear, some great bargains to be had, got my gf completely kitted out and some stuff for myself too... but if you are going just to look at bikes I don't think it is worth it.