PDA

View Full Version : Handyman (irony intended)

Neeja
22-07-08, 06:16 PM
Right. I'm bored out of my skull. Going completely nuts. Getting cabin-fever. Losing my marbles. Broken wrist means no fun and lots of free time.

So! Have you got anything that needs doing? Something that needs repairing or looking over, but have never got the time?

Mail it to me and, if I can, I'll do it for you. In return all I want is cost of return postage, some sweeties, and a small paypal donation if you're feeling generous :cool:

Speedy Claire
22-07-08, 06:21 PM
How much would it cost to mail my computer to you lol?

Neeja
22-07-08, 06:24 PM
Well, you're merseyside based, so in theory I can travel ;)

Jayneflakes
22-07-08, 07:26 PM
I can empathise, been there, had the t-shirt, used it to clean my mountain bike...

If you feel up to a trip to Weston, you can come and sit with me and watch the ships coming into the Bristol Channel and going out again!

Good luck and try to enjoy your down time, read some cool books. Iain M Banks writes some amazing stuff that should take a couple of days.

Rest up and allow your wrist to heal, be a good boy now. :smt086

Hugs,

Jayne n Carol
x

Neeja
22-07-08, 07:48 PM
I have an entire shelf of Banks books, both as Iain M. Banks and just as Iain Banks :) Ploughed through Matter between calls at work the day it came out.

I thought that I'd be fine working on the bike for a while to keep me entertained, but in the first 2 days at home Ive managed to strip it down, give it a service and clean/respray the front+rear subframes to de-rust them. Aside from cleaning it every day, I've not got much left to do on it.

Feeling up to going places isn't a problem, it's money that is ;) Until the 28th I'm on bare-minimum outgoings to counteract repair costs for the bike :rolleyes: Thanks for the offer, though!

I can't be a good boy. It's against my own personal code :(

Speedy Claire
23-07-08, 06:58 AM
I think it`d drive me mad too being stuck in the house for weeks on end, you should be resting your arm tho, give it time to heal. Of course if you`re not able to do that my bike could do with being stripped down, serviced, cleaned, de rusted blah blah blah :rolleyes:

Neeja
23-07-08, 08:06 AM
Of course if you`re not able to do that my bike could do with being stripped down, serviced, cleaned, de rusted blah blah blah :rolleyes:

Ooh, never worked on a pointy before... ;)

gettin2dizzy
23-07-08, 08:18 AM
No work to go to?

Neeja
23-07-08, 08:29 AM
No work to go to?

My job involves typing for time-limited periods and using my left hand to dial, neither of which I can do right now. My one-handed typing just isn't fast enough :(

Alpinestarhero
23-07-08, 08:56 AM
Fancy doing my valve-clearence check?

stewie
23-07-08, 08:58 AM
So you got all the ian m banks books then ?

Neeja
23-07-08, 07:01 PM
Fancy doing my valve-clearence check?

You're a little far away, mate ;)

So you got all the ian m banks books then ?

All of them except for The State of the Art, because I borrowed it, and never saw the point in spending £8 for a book that's about 150 pages long ;)

stewie
24-07-08, 07:38 AM
No worries, was gonna say if you had any gaps I could have popped one round but you sound like you got more than me anyway :D

Neeja
24-07-08, 08:49 AM
Well if you want to borrow any, let me know ;)

dizzyblonde
24-07-08, 08:57 AM
if you feel like that with a naffed wrist can you imagine what my fellas going to be like next week after a full hip job?:pale:
I'll give it a couple of weeks and then I'm going to run off to Scotland an have some fun with my fellow orgers:cool: