PDA

View Full Version : Keeping cool

Gary C
23-07-08, 12:50 PM
Is there such a thing as a motorbike jacket (any material) that does not make you overheat,on the rare occasions we get any sun.

Grinch
23-07-08, 12:54 PM
My vented Aplinestars jacket is rather nice, keeps me cool on the move. But its going to be a bit hard to 'cool' you down with out special equipment or a A/C unit. Best idea is keep to light colours and not black, it helps alot.

G
23-07-08, 01:08 PM
Now I always thought it was from hein gerick but you can get mesh type clothing which is brilliant.

When an .org ride went to Matlock once Tomcats partner was wearing a mesh type jacket which was almost completely see through from what I can remember, may be worth sending her a pm and asking though.

SoulKiss
23-07-08, 01:32 PM
The "see-through" mesh stuff is really meant to be worn under something with abrasion resistance.

I keep cool with my Icon Timax 2 Mesh jacket, which might be hard to find outside of the US, Joe Rocket also do a mesh jacket - the Phoenix 2.0 I think - Infinity have them

http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/c/28/c284b62b0af97d1f4167758da253289f_rough.jpg

Grinch
23-07-08, 01:48 PM
There are loads of different types if you look about.

john2811
23-07-08, 01:50 PM
Halvarsson and Rukka have something called Outlast liners.
Developed for NASA Astronaunts, really works, when I wear other gear I roast.

I have Halvarssons, jacket and trousers £350 ish, 50-60% cheaper than Rukka.
Worth the investment.

dissuade
24-07-08, 06:24 PM
Dainese racing seam suit. £99. Supposed to keep your body temp around 37 degrees no matter how hard you ride. I find it works quite well.

SV-net
24-07-08, 11:26 PM
I have one of these http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/folders/textile_motorcycle_jackets/racer_summer_fun_jacket/ and I have to say its really cool. You can find them much cheaper if you shop about. I just Googled it and it was first up.
Its a good fit with full CE approved armour in elbows, shoulders and back. Decent zipped pockets plus an internal pocket. It has lots of adjustable bits to make it fit nice.
And its cool.