PDA

View Full Version : Craig Jones 1985-2008

pete m
04-08-08, 01:02 AM
You were one of our brightest stars & youll be sorely missed.

So sorry - a black day for the sport -

Best wishes to alll your family and friends :(

lukemillar
04-08-08, 01:50 AM
You were one of our brightest stars & youll be sorely missed.

So sorry - a black day for the sport -

Best wishes to alll your family and friends :(

Jonesy - WSS? Is that who you mean? I can't find any news

Dangerous Dave
04-08-08, 06:55 AM
He is in an induced coma at the moment as far as I am aware.

rob13
04-08-08, 09:05 AM
Crash.net is reporting that he is still in a coma following a serious cranial injury. Lets hope he pulls through.

pete m
04-08-08, 09:08 AM
we were told at 9pm last night he had succumbed .....

dreadful news :(

fizzwheel
04-08-08, 09:33 AM
Sadly they've annouced that he has passed away

http://www.bikesportnews.com/articles/article.html?id=CRAIG_JONES_HAS_DIED_1

mr.anderson
04-08-08, 09:55 AM
That's very sad.

Thoughts with his family.

plowsie
04-08-08, 10:00 AM
RIP Jonesy

coombest
04-08-08, 10:01 AM
Many of you will have been watching the television coverage of the World Superbike Championship meeting taking place at Brand Hatch over the wekend and will have seen the terrible accident involving Craig Jones.

I was marshalling at Cooper Straight, with a good view of the big screen and most of the Clearways/Clark Curve section. I also had one of the medical cars next to me.

Our med car was dispatched after I had seen the whole horrible thing on the screen and after talking to the medics on their return, I got the feeling that all was not well.

Unfortnately Craig succumbed to his injuries at 00:32 this morning after being airlifted to The Royal London Hospital.

Official reports on the MSV website (http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/news/article.asp?NewsID=4052) and the Parkalgar Team Website (http://www.parkalgar-honda.com/pages/news/latest_news_detail.aspx?nid=1238).

I'm just devastated at the loss of yet another ecellent, young rider - he was just a couple of months younger than my little sister.

I didn't get to talk to Craig this weekend but saw him hurtling to & fro on his pit bike in his usual high spirits.

I'll remember him for his tough as nails racing carachter, 'that' Triumph British Supersport race, being sideways - always and loking for this win at home.

My sincere condoleces to his family, friends & team.

RIP Craig.

Dangerous Dave
04-08-08, 10:01 AM
we were told at 9pm last night he had succumbed.....

Terrible and false reporting is that, I hope you source is ashamed! Unfortunately Craig Jones has lost his fight for life in the early hours of today, Monday 4th August 2008.

RIP Craig our thoughts are with you, your familiy and friends.

"http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/167260-0/craig_jones_loses_fight_for_life.html
British rider Craig Jones has died following his accident in the British round of the World Supersport Championship at Brands Hatch.

The 23-year-old Parkalgar Honda rider was fighting for victory in the race when he fell at Clark Curve and was hit by a following rider.

The race was immediately stopped and Jones recieved medical attention at the circuit before being air-lifted to the Royal London Hospital for further treatment, but despite the best efforts of the medical team, he succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

"I am so desperately sad that Craig died from the injuries he sustained at Brands Hatch yesterday," Jonathan Palmer, chief executive of Brands Hatch owners Motorsport Vision said. "He was a really super young guy and only on the Saturday evening was I chatting to him in the paddock with him telling me about his WSB ambitions for 2009. Craig was so determined and professional, would always say hello and enthusiastically keep me in touch with his progress."

"Britain has lost a wonderful rider whom I admired enormously and had every chance of being a future World champion. It is fitting that the abiding memory so many of us will have of Craig was him riding brilliantly, battling for the lead of an incredible race, in front of his home crowd. It seems barely believable that such a freak accident claimed his life and I extend my deepest sympathies to his family and friends."

Jones' team manager at Parkalgar Honda, Simon Buckmaster, also took time to pay tribute to his rider.

"It is with great sadness that we learned Craig passed away in the early hours," he said. "The team's thoughts are with Craig's family and friends at this very difficult time. Craig's family passes on its thanks to all well wishers."

All at Crash.net extend their deepest sympathies to Craig's family and friends at this difficult time."

rob13
04-08-08, 10:05 AM
Terrible news, I hope Andrew Pitt will understand that it was simply a racing accident and seemingly could not be avoided.

Condolences to his family, friends and the WSS paddock.

rob13
04-08-08, 10:07 AM
Terrible and false reporting is that, I hope you source is ashamed! Unfortunately Craig Jones has lost his fight for life in the early hours of today, Monday 4th August 2008.

Unfortunately Dave, it seems that Clinica Mobile were reporting this much earlier on their website and seems to have caused much confusion on his condition.

G
04-08-08, 10:45 AM
Terrible, shocking and sickening, the footage of him sliding to a stop face down motionless is still in my head.

Some sick idiot has also put put the footage on daily motion.

RIP Chap, such a shame.

STRAMASHER
04-08-08, 10:52 AM
Sad sad news.

Going to miss that wild style of his.

RIP

gazza
04-08-08, 11:49 AM
I have just heard that Craig Jones has passed away. deepest sympathies to all his friends and family.

carty
04-08-08, 11:51 AM
+1 Very sad news indeed.

I saw the crash yesterday and was hoping for the best but unfortunately it was not to be.

R.I.P. Craig

Iansv II
04-08-08, 12:21 PM
RIP

Fizzy Fish
04-08-08, 01:11 PM
v sad news, but full respect to a racer who passed away giving his all to win a home race...

sv182
04-08-08, 03:00 PM
A very sad loss for mororsport and of course most importantly Craig's family and friends. He was giving it everything in that race and that is how he will be remembered. He has my up most respect not only as a rider but as a very decent young man! Jonesy, you will be missed but never forgotten. I wish you an eternally full tank and the twistiest roads. Be at peace my friend.

sinbad
04-08-08, 03:17 PM
Terrible news, although I feared the worst.
Also spare a thought for Andrew Pitt, as robchester said, there was nothing he could do - but I doubt being told that countless times is much consolation.

Lissa
04-08-08, 04:25 PM
RIP Craig.

Just watching the crash it was obvious it was a bad one, and sadly it has proved to be fatal.

My thoughts are with Craigs family, friends, colleagues and poor Andrew Pitt.

Flamin_Squirrel
04-08-08, 07:38 PM
Bugger :(

Hard to believe - the actual off didn't look too bad, only in the aftermath did the seriousness become apparent.

Jelster
04-08-08, 07:40 PM
Wathed the TV footage yesterday and you could tell that there was a problem, the way he lay motionless on the track.

I had the opportunity to meet him and his team last year, top bloke he seemed.

Another British racer gone to meet his maker. May the spirits be with you Jonesy...

Gene genie
04-08-08, 07:42 PM
r.i.p fella.

The Basket
04-08-08, 08:09 PM
This is sad news,

pete m
04-08-08, 08:26 PM
no -saw the other craig jones doing stunts on his Buell last week at the trackday at Silverstone...2 unrelated people afaik...

Pwalo
04-08-08, 08:50 PM
I recorded the SS and last SB race (very early morning down here), and saw the crash. Unfortunately it was pretty obvious that it wasn't good.

Real shame to see any racer die, especially one so young. RIP and condolences from the Antipodes.

wheelnut
04-08-08, 09:00 PM
Yes very sad, it has all been said. :(

RIP Craig

Welsh_Wizard
04-08-08, 09:03 PM
gutted...

RIP

Jelster
04-08-08, 11:32 PM
One of the guys who posts on the same photography forum as me got a great shot of Jonesy yesterday

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk259/BLZeebubalub/WSB_Brands_-5243.jpg

That's him, doing what he loved and what he did best......

Mods, I hope you don't mind me posting this, it just seemed like the right thing to do.......

Quiff Wichard
04-08-08, 11:51 PM
isnt it odd looking at that pic- a moment in time! unaware (then) of the future.

he comes from Northwich I think- just up the road from me

RIP.

makes me realise how mortal we are- especially riding a bike- to a degree thats why we do it- that ispart of the thrill. but it is so sad- so young what a waste

PeterM
05-08-08, 08:00 AM
I watched the race live and it became pretty obvious that he was out cold on the track while he was sliding. The lack of any replay etc started the alarm bells going that this was a bad one.

I pray that his family and friends work through this tough time, that Pitty can work through any guilt he may have and that the paddock can work through the loss of one of the rising stars of the sport.

b_1_rd
05-08-08, 09:29 AM
Sad sad loss of an outstanding riding talent.

Thats and awesome picture posted by Jelster, and captures the exciting riding style of Jonesy.

Ride free.

kwak zzr
05-08-08, 09:45 AM
such a great loss of british talent in the biking world, craig was on the up and racing like a true up and coming champion,
RIP craig.

wheelnut
05-08-08, 10:11 AM
http://www.what-a-photo.co.uk/images/CraigJones.jpg

wheelnut
05-08-08, 10:13 AM
Im sure no-one will mind me posting that in the circumstances.

Condolences.

Drew Carey
05-08-08, 10:14 AM
RIP - Such a sad loss of a young British rider. My thoughts are with his family and anyone who knew him.

MR UKI (1)
05-08-08, 06:14 PM
isnt it odd looking at that pic- a moment in time! unaware (then) of the future.

he comes from Northwich I think- just up the road from me

RIP.

makes me realise how mortal we are- especially riding a bike- to a degree thats why we do it- that ispart of the thrill. but it is so sad- so young what a waste

Yep pretty close to home this one. He came from my home town of 21 years. Very sad. RIP Craig Jones :(

Nostrils
05-08-08, 06:45 PM
RIP Craig - a sad loss. I recorded the event but was watching live but left the house straight afterwards, couldnt watch anymore. Deleted the DVD.

Pete_58
07-08-08, 10:09 AM
RIP, a sad loss.

Thoughts go out to friends and of course family. Also to Andrew Pitt.

grh1904
07-08-08, 10:52 AM
Can't and/or don't want to think of something to say so..................

all that's been said before +1.

:smt085:smt085:smt085:sad::sad::sad:

pegasus
08-08-08, 06:49 PM
RIP