PDA

View Full Version : For those who like a challenge (and play guitar)

EssexDave
16-08-08, 12:30 PM
Not sure exactly how popular he is, but i've only just discovered his stuff, and now I'm attempting to learn it.

Drifting by Andy Mckee - is a good video on youtube of him performing it.

Anyone fancy giving it a go?

MrTom
16-08-08, 12:44 PM
I like Andy Mckee, bit of a youtube star. Have you seen his Africa?
He played at the Liverpool Philharmonic a couple of months back.

EssexDave
16-08-08, 01:27 PM
Yeah i've seen it, I can play quite a bit of drifting now, but not nearly as good as him obviously. I used to be more into joe satriani and steve vai, but the stuff they do is very...dry yeah its impressive but it doesn't exactly sound amazing (imo) gets a bit boring.

this stuff is really well thought out. You seen Carlos Vamos playing always with you (covered from satriani)

blueto
16-08-08, 01:56 PM
i play,

ill take a look ....might be a bit advanced for my level!

Filipe M.
16-08-08, 01:58 PM
I love Andy's stuff, it's really impressive. My fave is "Into the ocean", though. Gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it.

thedonal
16-08-08, 04:59 PM
I saw this on YouToob a while ago. Fantastic- very individual- and for that alone I don't think I'd try to emulate it- even if I could!!

Neeja
16-08-08, 05:18 PM
I Will See You Again is absolutely amazing. I can play approximately 12 seconds of it and the end-section, but haven't looked at the sheet-music for ages.

thedonal
16-08-08, 05:21 PM
Check this guy out too- was suggested against Drifting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX61Jlvd-Yw&feature=user

Wonderful playing, but he needs to invest in some tone, methinks.

Bluepete
16-08-08, 06:09 PM
Got his album, Art in Motion, awesome skills!

chakraist
16-08-08, 06:57 PM
Anyone know Joey Eppard? And the band 3? I love them. Similar style, great influence on myself.