PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars SP-1 Leather GLove

Nicky S
25-08-08, 11:08 PM
i really like these and they look good but has any one got any. if they have would they like to share what they think about them ?

pic :
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/resources/images/zoom/ALP_SP1GLOVE_07.jpg

etuna
26-08-08, 09:11 AM
alpinestars gloves are v small in my opinion if buying on line - just for your info. Tried on those gloves but felt the thumb a bit stiff due to extra protection. Which may or may not be a good thing?

BBadger
26-08-08, 09:16 AM
tried them... make sure you get the right size by trying in a shop first, as their sizing isnt the same to anyone else .

the stiffnes etuna mentioned goes after a long ride and abit of use, same with any new kit. in the end i got the GP-plus gloes for £30 delivered and they held up realy well, and still going strong after i got knocked off ( hand went down 1st ) so you know there good.

Nicky S
26-08-08, 09:43 AM
thanks for that :)

MiniMatt
26-08-08, 05:33 PM
As others have said, get ye down to a Hein Gericke shop or similar to try on first, I've got a pair of GP-pros and for my (quite possibly freaky) hands the fingers are a bit long. Alpinestars do seem to have something of a reputation for slightly bizarre sizing.

Not sure how comparable the GP-pros are to the SP-1 but I'll say I'm very happy with mine. Supremely comfortable, just enough air flow in the summer (what counts as a summer in the UK), held up well to two low speed crashes now. As waterproof as a sieve though. And the dye runs horribly the first couple of times they get wet (end up with bright pink fingers). But then they're not designed or sold as waterproof gloves.

fizzwheel
26-08-08, 07:32 PM
+ 1 on the trying them on first, they are sized weirdly i.e small...

I've got a pair of GP Pro's most comfortable gloves I've ever owned, but needed a little bit of wearing in ( 1 or 2 rides ) and they were fine.

Nicky S
26-08-08, 09:38 PM
umm deffently going to have to try some on at a shop i think. thanks for ur help people :)