PDA

View Full Version : Wet weather gloves & reflective strips

tonybmw92
02-09-08, 08:31 AM
What are good wet weather gloves or should i just get bar muff covers. if so can you reccomend good ones.Also reflective visibilty strips whats a good reasonalble price one.I also recently purchased a Ricka jacket that was supposed to be stormproof textile type and you guessed it got drenched today and have had to change my shirt as i had a soggy tummy and lower back part of the coat was soaked right through.Grrrrhhh!!! so i might take it back to shop in welling kent. cost me £99 which isnt loads i know but if it says storm proof then i shouldnt be damp.

hovis
02-09-08, 08:35 AM
hein gerrick panthers(?)

they come in 5 finger, or 3 finger ninja turtle stylie

think they are about £30

tonybmw92
02-09-08, 09:21 AM
cant see them on site?

hovis
02-09-08, 09:44 AM
cant see them on site?

:confused:

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/index.php/cPath/6_144

5th and 6th down

Viney
02-09-08, 10:15 AM
With regards your jacket, does it have a lining, and was it fitted? As a majority of these coats, its the lining thats waterproof and not the actual jacket!

tonybmw92
02-09-08, 10:36 AM
yes i did remove the lining! so i shall try it with the lining tommorow (doh) and see if its better. although knowing my luck it will be bright sunshine and i will fry.sorry i searched for panther on site and not pathan. has anybody else tried these? my current gloves are so called waterproof but they arent as hands were wet after this mornings downpour.any ideas on the reflective strip thingy as i have black jacket and pants and lid so want to get something to be a little more visible. I am going to change the lid soon and tryed on a Caberg v2r but it seemed very light and noisy even in the shop which scared me a bit (any views welcome) cheers.

wow
02-09-08, 10:42 AM
I have had the Pathan 3 finger gloves for two winters. I loved them, they are winter gloves tho and v thick (just saying), I would not wear them yet not cold enough. My commute is only 10 miles and yes they kept my hands dry. But my concern was how warm they were. Then I got heated gloves they were really nice and warm tho not so happy about the cables dangling off the bike. Now I've got heated grips see how I get on in winter.