PDA

View Full Version : Race tyres, what breed?

weecorey
24-10-08, 04:09 PM
What are you guys running on your rims or what have you run? Looking for opions on different tyres for racing.

Thanks in advance.

sv650k4
24-10-08, 06:35 PM
I liked the new tyre pirelli supercorsas but also found the dunlop 209's good aswell.

wets i think bridgestone are very good but again have used dunlop wets and also found them decnt aswell.

another thing 2 its also personal choice!! so mite take ya 2 try a few different ones first.

;)

flymo
24-10-08, 06:55 PM
Pirelli SCs and Bridgestone wets.

weecorey
24-10-08, 06:58 PM
I liked the new tyre pirelli supercorsas but also found the dunlop 209's good aswell.

wets i think bridgestone are very good but again have used dunlop wets and also found them decnt aswell.

another thing 2 its also personal choice!! so mite take ya 2 try a few different ones first.

;)

I always got on well with dunlop, I'm thinking of trying those 209's, how do they wear? How many races are you getting? I've been recomended Avon race tyres also.

toadie
24-10-08, 08:40 PM
Old shape pirelli SC were good.....very good.

Not really getting on with the new ones though, find the rear a little too loose, no matter what we do to the rear suspension.

Will try some Dunlops over the winter testing and see how we go on, maybe even some Avon's. I know some Irish road racers getting good results on the Avons. but not sure how they work on the short circuit's?!?!?

Bridgestone wets work very well, but they get very lively on the SV if it dry's a tad. The Pirelli fronts are fantastic wet or damp...the rears very good. have changed from the bridgestones to the pirelli's this year and found them to last a tad longer with a massive improvement in corner entry speed on the brakes.

Paul T

weecorey
24-10-08, 09:28 PM
Old shape pirelli SC were good.....very good.

Not really getting on with the new ones though, find the rear a little too loose, no matter what we do to the rear suspension.

Will try some Dunlops over the winter testing and see how we go on, maybe even some Avon's. I know some Irish road racers getting good results on the Avons. but not sure how they work on the short circuit's?!?!?

Bridgestone wets work very well, but they get very lively on the SV if it dry's a tad. The Pirelli fronts are fantastic wet or damp...the rears very good. have changed from the bridgestones to the pirelli's this year and found them to last a tad longer with a massive improvement in corner entry speed on the brakes.

Paul T

Thanks for the info, was recomended the Avons by a road racer.

roadrace
25-10-08, 10:19 AM
Used both dunlops and pirelli's, both have similar levels of grip in my opinion. Dunlop's wear better without doubt but are a little unstable as sustained high speed (I.O.M. / NW200).

yvo6
28-10-08, 08:28 PM
Used Dunlops and liked them but going to try Pirelli SC this year and for wet tyres it has to be Bridgestones.

sv650k4
28-10-08, 11:19 PM
[quote=roadrace;1666052]Used both dunlops and pirelli's, both have similar levels of grip in my opinion. Dunlop's wear better without doubt

+1 ive used both my self and found not much/any difference in them but did find the dunlops wear alot better the the supercorsas (new type).

;)

weecorey
30-10-08, 10:13 PM
Ok, thanks for the replys, think I'll try the dunlops. Where's the best place to buy?