PDA

View Full Version : Good night out turns Bad !!!

newts924
10-11-08, 11:02 AM
This happen in march after a night out with the rugby lads. I went to stop a fight from happening with one the lads and ended up getting bottled on the head and then stabbed in the chest with the bottle.

The guy who did it admitted doing it but was released without charge as there was not enough evidence !!!!!!!!

Only just got the photo's of the police so here they are.

Warning a bit of blood !!!!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/newts25/bottle2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/newts25/bottle1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/newts25/bottle3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/newts25/bottle4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/newts25/bottle5.jpg

RichT
10-11-08, 11:07 AM
What is wrong with the justice system... Admitted stabbing you (ABH, attempted manslaughter etc etc) and was let off... I guess you didn't have any witnesses.

Yes your honour - I tried to kill the bloke - slap on the hand - ta.

Glad you're alright now tho mate.

Demonz
Crikey thats terrible - makes anyone think twice about helping someone else in trouble... And no witnesses??

Dappa D
omg, guess your alright now mate?

ive never understood it...yes ive had fights, win or lose whatever, im not going to stab someone to win, know what i mean, society is fecked. especially as u were trying to stop it, madness.

and not enough evidence after he admited it? crazy, hope uve made a full recovery

newts924
10-11-08, 11:15 AM
Yes i am all fine now cheers :p

He got told by his lawyer to say it was self defense and that i went for him, and as it was in a night club cctv didn't pick it up and no one came forward as witnesses.

I got told of the doctor that if the bottle had gone in another mm i would not be here today, i wounder if he would of got of then ????

Anyway lesson learnt, just let the ********s get on with fighting and i will carry on with drinking. :p:p

jumjum_0214
10-11-08, 12:01 PM
Im surprised the CPS didn't run that one!! The bloke admitted assaulting you with a weapon for gods sake!!!!

That is a wounding with intent if ever i saw one.

This makes me angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your ok by the way ;-)

skeetly
10-11-08, 12:07 PM
Fek. My brother has a similar do a while back. I'll spare you all the details but the idiot got away with it for much the same reasons.
At the time we were all for some sort of vigilante justice on the waste of space but once we calmed down we all sadly concluded we had a lot more to lose. :(

Samnooshka
10-11-08, 01:26 PM
Ouch, hope you're ok and sounds like you had a lucky escape! I hate Lawyers, sleazy lying slime bags, (sorry to any lawyers on here), but i guess it was your word against his, he will get his come-uppance and I'm sure he is the sort that will do it again... one of those that only goes to clubs to get into a fight.

Miss Alpinestarhero
10-11-08, 04:25 PM
Oh my god!!!!

Sorry to hear this and im glad your ok. I have no idea whats happened to society today, everyone has gone crazy. I dont understand why he got released without charge when he admitted it? It makes me so angry when people like that get away with stuff. Too many b******s are getting away with things that they shouldnt be :smt093

Id be too scared to help anyone in need now. Heck im too scared to give people a piece of my mind for fear of getting attacked/stabbed

Maria

tanis34
10-11-08, 04:56 PM
jeez this is why i dont go out into the town anymore seen too much of this and i've been bottled before for protecting my mates speakers but nothing like this ,glad you've recovered ok

Speedy Claire
10-11-08, 05:17 PM
Bad news and as others have said it`s small wonder people don`t help out more!

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine and the guy said he also did it in self defence and wasn`t charged. My friend went down the criminal injuries route and did get a financial award but it`s not really the point is it. The guy responsible should be punished for doing this.

Shellywoozle
10-11-08, 05:36 PM
OMG glad you're OK now but yes this shows my frustrations with the justice system. We lock em up and they let em off.

I am working on getting polycarbonate glasses in all the pubs in the town I work in, would defo stop things like this happening.

:( sad world we live in when people do thing like this

Stu
10-11-08, 06:38 PM
I am working on getting polycarbonate glasses in all the pubs in the town I work in, would defo stop things like this happening.

Would that be with a ban on issuing bottles? as this was not a glass.

Sorry to hear Newts :(

Alpinestarhero
10-11-08, 07:26 PM
Bloody 'ell (excuse the non-intentional pun). Im glad you are ok matey. Maybe you need to learn a thing or two about street fightin' on Xbox Live through GTA - me and paul the 6th can show you a thing or two :p:-D

In all seriousness though, pretty scary that the other guy coulda killed you. And he didn't get anything more than a "go easy sonny, you'll have someone's eye out with that, ok? off you go you little tike". Self defense my rear end, he must have already had the bottle in his hand smashed before he went to you? Shame you cant appeal for any more witnesses.

Do as boris johnson suggests; don't get involved in other people's fights. Tale a step back and....er...call the police...?

Hmm

Matt

Shellywoozle
10-11-08, 07:33 PM
Would that be with a ban on issuing bottles? as this was not a glass.

Sorry to hear Newts :(

We would ensure no bottles are given out, and alot of drinks co can actually bottle up in plastic bottles so I have been told, not sure how true that is, something I am looking into.

We have had one glassing recently and if it stops one person getting hurt then it's worth it.

I am sure newts will agree.

Interceptor
10-11-08, 07:48 PM
Same thing happened to a mate of mine on a night out in Ilkley, about a month ago, Charlie was getting down on a Pool shot, and a little Herbert was stood in the way, so Charlie politely asked him to give him a bit of room for his shot, the little to$$er took offence, and hit him three times on the head with a glass bottle, blood everywhere, coppers managed to grip the little ****, who cried "self defence"......Charlie's no pushover but he never even saw it coming, he's OK now showed me the scars Saturday night..... Damned nasty!!!

maviczap
10-11-08, 08:26 PM
What would the paper say if you told them this story? There would be an outrage against the people doing this kind of thing.

But as I have experience of working with the criminal justice system, although I'm not a policeman, but my job is in law enforcement, I know too well of many cases of people breaking the law and getting away with it.

The trouble is that the scales of justice are so heavily weighted in the defendants favour that the chances of getting a conviction are harder and harder. A clever laywer only has to give a plausible excuse or point out a minor proceedural error by an officer to assist his client. Judges will guide the jury that if they feel that if they have any doubts that they must give a not guilty verdict, rather than have a miscarriage of justice.

I probably haven't explained it very well & there's bound to be some legal types who'll disagree with me.

The Human Rights legislation is often quoted.

At least you're still with us, you'd make a good subject for our 6monthly Emergency Responder training :takeabow:.

Frank
10-11-08, 09:43 PM
been there myself .Fractured skull ,mini stroke ,memory loss problems

and all he got was 12 months

missyburd
10-11-08, 11:22 PM
Blumin eck thats a lot of blood! And what do they mean "not enough evidence"? You're covered in blood and in hospital what more do they want. Must have been witnesses too, stupid stupid system.

Glad you ok though, that looks like it could have easily gone the other way :shock:

Ed
11-11-08, 01:06 PM
Awwww - I've missed the blood and gore:(

Ouch, hope you're ok and sounds like you had a lucky escape! I hate Lawyers, sleazy lying slime bags, (sorry to any lawyers on here), but i guess it was your word against his, he will get his come-uppance and I'm sure he is the sort that will do it again... one of those that only goes to clubs to get into a fight.

Rather an unfortunate generalising comment, don't you think?

Luckypants
11-11-08, 01:09 PM
Awwww - I've missed the blood and gore:(

See post #1 Ed, they are still there.

Ed
11-11-08, 01:49 PM
See post #1 Ed, they are still there.

I'm in Liverpool today - just realised that the Council's filter takes them out:(

Warthog
12-11-08, 04:05 PM
Thats nasty, Newt. Really gets me angry, the lack of justice we have in this country sometimes.

northwind
27-11-08, 09:59 PM
Nasty one... Could have been an awful lot worse too :smt051

Blumin eck thats a lot of blood! And what do they mean "not enough evidence"? You're covered in blood and in hospital what more do they want.

That's only evidence he got hit with a bottle, doesn't say a thing about how it happened, which is what matters. Without witnesses there's no point in charging him, if it ever got to court it'd go nowhere.

Davido
27-11-08, 10:02 PM
Yeah but while he's standing in the docks.

BAM! Flying log.

timwilky
27-11-08, 10:20 PM
OMG glad you're OK now but yes this shows my frustrations with the justice system. We lock em up and they let em off.

:( sad world we live in when people do thing like this

I refuse to drink out of plastic beakers (ask the Manchester mob). I am a responsible person and why should I not drink out of a glass. So I am enjoying a night out with the wife in your town and decide to spend £50 on a bottle of bubbly. Are they seriously going to serve me my champagne in a plastic beaker?

Newt I hope that was not in Blackburn.

Sosha
28-11-08, 01:44 PM
Without witnesses there's no point in charging him, if it ever got to court it'd go nowhere.

Could try a bit harder to find some though.... Jeez

Ceri JC
28-11-08, 01:49 PM
I refuse to drink out of plastic beakers (ask the Manchester mob). I am a responsible person and why should I not drink out of a glass. So I am enjoying a night out with the wife in your town and decide to spend £50 on a bottle of bubbly. Are they seriously going to serve me my champagne in a plastic beaker?

Newt I hope that was not in Blackburn.

This is my point of view too. I cannot stand drinking out of plastic glasses at all. All sorts of everyday things can be used as equally dangerous weapons, ban glasses and the scum will just move on to them instead: Are you going to ban spectacles, pens, keys, belts and ashtrays too? The answer is to come down hard on people who use them and I recognise this is a failing of the court system, rather than the police.

Sorry to hear you got caught up in this newts, hope you GWS.

missyburd
28-11-08, 05:49 PM
That's only evidence he got hit with a bottle, doesn't say a thing about how it happened, which is what matters. Without witnesses there's no point in charging him, if it ever got to court it'd go nowhere.

ahh, no glass in the wound or witnesses then :(

northwind
28-11-08, 06:20 PM
getting witnesses in nightclub fights is incredibly difficult... A guy was stabbed right in the middle of the dancefloor in a club I worked in once, but the police got only 2 impartial witnesses out of the 900 people in the club, and they contradicted each other... You've got a dark room full of drunks all doing their own thing, so it's not surprising that people miss the drama or misunderstand it... (I was only about 20 feet away when it happened but I was completely oblivious to it all, frinstance, though to be fair I was probably busy looking at dancing women rather than men) And a lot of those who do won't want to get involved, for whatever reason, or are connected to the people involved in the fight so aren't reliable. I was really shocked but the DI I spoke to said that basically it was par for the course. Maybe they could have done more, maybe not. It's a hell of a thing when it happens though, you at least expect people to be caught and punished.

missyburd
28-11-08, 06:24 PM
getting witnesses in nightclub fights is incredibly difficult... A guy was stabbed right in the middle of the dancefloor in a club I worked in once, but the police got only 2 impartial witnesses out of the 900 people in the club, and they contradicted each other... You've got a dark room full of drunks all doing their own thing, so it's not surprising that people miss the drama or misunderstand it...

Must be some tee-totallers about though...mind you if there were then they'd probably be the ones who didn't notice a thing :rolleyes:

It's not on though, why the fook should people get away with this sort of thing, what happened to CCTV and the like?

northwind
28-11-08, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I'd wondered about CCTV. Ours was all on the bars, it was to stop the staff robbing the tills and spirits :rolleyes: None on the dancefloors. But these days I'd have assumed there'd be some. I always reckoned that there were a fair few witnesses just lying low but who knows really. I hate that though.

missyburd
28-11-08, 06:54 PM
I always reckoned that there were a fair few witnesses just lying low but who knows really. I hate that though.

yeah that's just crap, and I personally wouldn't want it on my conscience :( I can see people just not wanting to get involved which is fair enough but then again what's stopping that bloke popping in the place another time and getting them next time :rolleyes:

Baph
29-11-08, 12:35 AM
Firstly, I hope you're fully recovered from the above by now!!

Yeah, I'd wondered about CCTV. Ours was all on the bars, it was to stop the staff robbing the tills and spirits :rolleyes: None on the dancefloors. But these days I'd have assumed there'd be some. I always reckoned that there were a fair few witnesses just lying low but who knows really. I hate that though.

One of the pubs I worked in, had very very good CCTV. There were only certain spots you could stand in & not be on camera. It was all near enough HD quality too.

One night someone spat at me over the bar - I shouted the DM at the time, who knew I wasn't taking any of it anyway. So he got on the phone (as we had no doorstaff & I was more than happy to have a go myself). He called the GM, who was on a night out also, with the doorstaff.

The long & the short of it, doorstaff arrived, customer was pointed out - and then dragged kicking & screaming from the building.

At one point, one of the doorstaff held the guy who spat at me on the floor, whilst the GM gave him a damn good kicking to the face. Right infront of a camera.

The tape convienently went missing. But hey, the guy came in the next day (he looked a lot less pretty) to give me a personal apology for spitting. :)

CCTV cannot be relied upon, because it's often crap quality, or it doesn't cover enough area, or tapes develop the ability to grow legs.

newts924
29-11-08, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I am fully recovered now and to be honest it does look worse then it was, but saying that i was told another mm deep and i would not be here to tell the tale.

It was like what has been said, it was just off the dance floor, lots of drunken people and cctv did not pick it up.

It happen so fast that even my mates who i was out with did not even see it, which is a good job really as i was out with the rugby team and i would not like to be the lad if they got hold of him.

This did happen in Blackburn in a pub/club called Blakeys.

At least some good has come from this, i have just received a cheque from the criminal injuries :cheers: just in time for the bike show.

It has not put me off going out as the way i see it i was in the wrong place at the wrong time trying to help someone out. Lesson learnt, let them get on with it.

Thanks again for your comments