PDA

View Full Version : Credit Crunch ate my job

ukrobuk
21-11-08, 07:02 PM
Hey, anyone know of any jobs going in the Oxford area, I just lost mine. I'm screwed, lost all my savings due to a crash and car repaires. No warnings just a meeting. I got to find a job soon or live in a box on the street. To top it off my g/f left me for another man the day befor.
What do i do i'm screwed.
Anyony want a black SV650S curvy

zsv650
21-11-08, 07:04 PM
what a complete crapper dude.

arcdef
21-11-08, 07:06 PM
sorry to hear it mate, sounds like your having a ****e time right now :( get looking for jobs now if you havent started, theres always something out there even at times like this, may just mean taking a pay cut but atleast thats better than nothing?

Sosha
21-11-08, 07:37 PM
Sucks.

Goodluck... they'll be something.....

KnightRider
21-11-08, 09:19 PM
Mate that's horrid. Hope it all pans out.

Stig
21-11-08, 09:24 PM
Trying times for quite a few people out there at the moment. :sad: Hope something comes up for you mate.

sv_rory
21-11-08, 11:47 PM
id try a load of local employment agencies mate or fail in that i woulg get a temp job in mcdonalds or somewhere like that. my plans had problems so im in kfc until im sorted. money aint great but its better than nothing.

god luck mate and sorry to hear about ur gf

ogden
22-11-08, 12:07 AM
Jesus, life can be harsh sometimes.

Imagine losing your girlfriend and your job *and* you own an SV.

ukrobuk
22-11-08, 12:28 AM
Yeah lifes a bitch, i prob wont own an SV for much longer though. I'v fired out so many CV's out today, any1 good with CV's? I'm not great at wrighting 1 out.

SoulKiss
22-11-08, 06:26 AM
Hey, anyone know of any jobs going in the Oxford area, I just lost mine. I'm screwed, lost all my savings due to a crash and car repaires. No warnings just a meeting. I got to find a job soon or live in a box on the street. To top it off my g/f left me for another man the day befor.

Thats a real bummer mate.

Heres an idea, with a story like that I bet you could right a REALLY good Country and Western song - you dont have a dog do you, cos theres always a dog in those things too........

Seriously tho, good louck in the search and I'd also look into the procedure they followed - unless the company is shutting down it sounds really dodgy....

tanis34
22-11-08, 06:43 AM
i know the feeling lost one of my two jobs and things are getting tight good luck to u m8 things work out in the end

custard
22-11-08, 08:52 AM
in a weird twisted way this could be viewed as a good thing...

it now means that you have nothing to tie you down.

cast the net! good luck.

sv-robo
22-11-08, 11:29 AM
Mate that's horrid. Hope it all pans out.
Yeah mate +1

crewmanchris
22-11-08, 11:48 AM
That is rubbish. Chin up - I am sure that it will sort itself out. Good riddence with the cheating wench!

walkaboutandy
22-11-08, 06:22 PM
in a weird twisted way this could be viewed as a good thing...

it now means that you have nothing to tie you down.

cast the net! good luck.
+1

Tis a good opportunity to try or do something you've always wanted to do but never been able to (changing career, moving to a different part of the country, go travelling, etc)

Good luck with it!!

ivantate
22-11-08, 08:00 PM
Hope things get better for you, its a nasty time at the moment and I hope it doesnt affect many here.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can.

DanAbnormal
24-11-08, 10:42 AM
Good luck finding something. In a tough spot take any job to at least get money in the door. I'd even work at tesco if I had to.

RichT
24-11-08, 10:50 AM
B+mmer.... life s+cks sometimes. What do you do mate? I imagine you're looking at Jobserve, Monster etc.

ukrobuk
24-11-08, 05:23 PM
I do electronics mainly, I been looking online and applying for anything. I could soon be a milkman, postman, undertaker, caretaker, careworker, binman, barstaff and so on. Nothing i'v applied for pays great but it's somthing i suppose.
Just annoyed i left my last company to be closer to home and they doing fine, if i had just stayed put i would have been fine.
I only ever had 3 jobs, 1st place made me redundent aswell but gave me 6 months notice and a big fat payout.
Just this time very short notice and very bad timing, bye bye xmas.

Cheers for all the comments, you cheered me up, hey i evan smiling right now woohoo.

Warthog
24-11-08, 06:40 PM
Hi mate, this sounds unbeleivably sucky.

Step 1: email me your CV.
Step 2: if you are stuck for a place to live, crash at mine as a last resort, it beats living in a cardboard box.
Step 3: Forget the g/f, they come and go, mates are what counts.
Step 4: Tell us what you are qualified in.

Good luck man.

KnightRider
24-11-08, 08:50 PM
If you want some CV suggestions let me know. I can take a look at yours or send you a copy of mine.

Jon

Frank
27-12-08, 09:15 AM
What credit crunch?
The shops have been full to bursting in the last two weeks.Are they all in denial.
Strange though ,I know of loads of companies that are realy in the **** at the mo.
So are things tight or dont these shoppers care

BigFootIsBlurry
29-12-08, 12:35 AM
Hard luck mate, sounds like you got a raw deal. I'm not trying to be a vulture but if you are selling you're bike I'm looking to buy one and I'm only up the road. PM me if you're selling, otherwise good luck in the job hunt.