PDA

View Full Version : AR09 Introduction.

Stig
25-11-08, 12:49 PM
This year, controversially, the location of the AR will not be put to the vote. It will be discussed with the moderation team and a location will be selected. Once we have decided a venue I will contact members local to the area for assistance in the organisation of the event. Once the location has been finalised and you feel you have something to offer but have not been contacted, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss ways you can help us make this years AR the best ever. Hard to think last years can be topped, but we’ll have a damn good shot at it. It’s all you guys and girls that make the event what it is, without input and help from you lot it just wouldn’t work.

Obviously the date of the AR is the most important thing to everyone and this will remain down to all of you to suggest a date. I will work out the dates to be voted on over this week and a poll will be entered by the end of the week. I will let you all know how the voting will work on the actual poll when it goes up.

Cheers

Si.

Alpinestarhero
25-11-08, 06:49 PM
I think august might be a good time to hold it, the beginning of august is (according to the trend I have in my head) pretty dry and warm.

Lou M
25-11-08, 10:43 PM
August is perfect for me, as I get the summer holidays off, and I REALLY want to go this time.

Skip
26-11-08, 07:58 AM
Last two years April has seen some of the best weather :???:

Whatever happens as long as its not near the end of June I will do my best to attend :)

arcdef
26-11-08, 08:23 AM
oh ive been waiting for a thread about a big meet :-) april does round the best idea as thats when our summer seems to start these days....how many people normally make it btw?

fizzwheel
26-11-08, 08:39 AM
Any newbies wanting an idea of what these weekends are all about. Have a look at the AR08 section, here

http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Alpinestarhero
26-11-08, 07:28 PM
April...hmm...last year I recall riding in snow in april. Its an odd time of year, april showers and all that?

I guess we should all pack our water proofs and be realistic instead of optimistic when we see the black clouds forming on the rideout :smt003

dizzyblonde
26-11-08, 09:42 PM
Ha... but I also remember getting a tan in April..in my back garden!!
It don't matter when it'll be, its the AR so therefore there is a tradition of rain;-)

April wouldn't be good for me, I'll have just had 3 months off work and they wouldn't allow me hols that close :-(
But these meets are an important part of my very bleak social calendar, so i try and pull out the stops to make it to them :-)

DanAbnormal
28-11-08, 12:02 AM
While it did rain this year, it was glorious sunshine for the actual Rideout. Which was marvellous! :cool:

Ed
28-11-08, 07:50 AM
While it did rain this year, it was glorious sunshine for the actual Rideout. Which was marvellous! :cool:

Err... not the last half an hour or so. But I got a bit of sunburn on Swanage beach:sunny:

xXBADGERXx
29-11-08, 08:46 AM
I think I just pee`d , been waiting for the ball to start rolling on this one , please be somewhere really really excellent :p

Lozzo
01-12-08, 06:31 PM
I think I just pee`d , been waiting for the ball to start rolling on this one , please be somewhere really really excellent :p

Bondi Beach do you ok?

xXBADGERXx
01-12-08, 06:33 PM
It`s a start :D