PDA

View Full Version : Minitwin racer wanted

Matty Boy
25-11-08, 08:11 PM
Hi there,

Im looking for an SV to compete in 2009, Ive got around 3K to spend so if anyone out there is looking for some extra bunce before crimbo and the wifes nagging you to make space in the garage then please drop me line.

Ideally, im looking for a competitive injection model with spare wheels and wets and maybe a spare fairing...but anyone with bikes please get in touch and tell me what you got and a few pics would be cool.

Cheers

Matty Boy #4 :D

andyorton
28-11-08, 08:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170283070685&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I'm selling this its not an injection bike but its not 3k either, i'm after 2

zunkus
28-11-08, 09:34 PM
Looksee here...
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=121938

Matty Boy
06-12-08, 06:22 PM
Still looking folks....drop me line if you know of any around. [-o<

Pics would be most welcome

Ta

Matty :)

Matty Boy
12-12-08, 05:46 PM
BTT

Come on folks! where for art thou minitwin!!!

Matty Boy :cheers:

Sideshow#36
12-12-08, 05:55 PM
Most Minitwins are sold by now to be honest mate. People sell up after the season end in September to start prepping for next year. You will be lucky to find one.

There is a pretty crappy on which will need a bit of work doing to it to make it competative, listed on ebay at the moment.... Correction that has now gone too. You thought about trying to prep one? It can work out a little more expensive but can also be cheaper if you dont mind brand new gucci parts.

Also are you registered on Motoforum. Stick a wanted post up in there?

Who are you planning on racing with next year?

Matty Boy
13-12-08, 04:04 PM
Hi there mate,

I plan to race with Bemsee if i can get something together in the form of bike.I have seriously thought about building my own from a road bike.There are plenty of newish ones around for resonable prices.

How much would you say it costs to convert? I know you cant tune or touch the motors for bemsee as they have to be on a 72bhp limit which i think is great!

Wot are we looking at? Suspension,Bodywork (seat,fairing),Exhaust system (M4) which i assume will have to be set up on a dyno?? regardless of carby or injection?? Rearsets and linkages?

Thats all of the top of my head...but by all means chip in! :)

Any help or info you could give me would be great fellas!

All the best

Matty Boy [-o<

weecorey
13-12-08, 07:53 PM
Hi there mate,

I plan to race with Bemsee if i can get something together in the form of bike.I have seriously thought about building my own from a road bike.There are plenty of newish ones around for resonable prices.

How much would you say it costs to convert? I know you cant tune or touch the motors for bemsee as they have to be on a 72bhp limit which i think is great!

Wot are we looking at? Suspension,Bodywork (seat,fairing),Exhaust system (M4) which i assume will have to be set up on a dyno?? regardless of carby or injection?? Rearsets and linkages?

Thats all of the top of my head...but by all means chip in! :)

Any help or info you could give me would be great fellas!

All the best

Matty Boy [-o<

Im working on one at the minute, K6 3400 miles road bike, paid £1600, I've spent £1000 already, and thats not buying a full system or shock. Bought rear sets, spare rims, GSXR1000 body work, Goodridge hoses, power comander, sinterd pads, chain and sprox, GSXR radial master cylinder. Just going to race with a slipon on less I find a cheap 2nd hand M4 system. Using a GSXR1000 rear shock. I'd budget £1500 on top of the bike for a fairly decent set up.

And then theres your tyres! 2 pair! another £400+

RGV250ads
13-12-08, 08:57 PM
No need for a power commander on the SV whatsoever, the suzuki SV ECU Eprom chip is re-writable with the fuelling curve for a new pipe and filter set up.

RGV250ads
13-12-08, 08:58 PM
If you plan to race with bemsee or with any club that runs to the 'minitwins' regulations the GSXR master cylinder is illegal.

weecorey
13-12-08, 09:28 PM
No need for a power commander on the SV whatsoever, the suzuki SV ECU Eprom chip is re-writable with the fuelling curve for a new pipe and filter set up.

Bolox, wish I had of knew that before splasing out money on one. Is it difficult to re write the chip? Is this the way you run your race bikes?

If you plan to race with bemsee or with any club that runs to the 'minitwins' regulations the GSXR master cylinder is illegal.

I'll be racing over here in N.Ireland where we don't have mini twin rules, but good to point that out for Matty boy.

viffer
14-12-08, 09:33 AM
The SV fueling can be altered but it's kind of a broad brush approach compared with a pc, but your right the pc approach is overkill for the SV, use the money saved for tyres.:)

weecorey
14-12-08, 10:28 AM
I got my pc 2nd hand for £130 so thats not as bad as buying a new one.

Dangerous Dave
14-12-08, 11:33 AM
The OEM ECU is has a larger tune-able scope than the engine, a PC is an overkill on the SV as it offers many additional features which are not really applicable to the SV. The standard ECU can be fully adjusted, seen and proven in Minitwins, the rumours that it can only move the graph/map up and down in one piece is utter rubbish. If you go to a tuner with the correct equipment and knowledge you can have a full custom remap.

weecorey
14-12-08, 11:55 AM
The OEM ECU is has a larger tune-able scope than the engine, a PC is an overkill on the SV as it offers many additional features which are not really applicable to the SV. The standard ECU can be fully adjusted, seen and proven in Minitwins, the rumours that it can only move the graph/map up and down in one piece is utter rubbish. If you go to a tuner with the correct equipment and knowledge you can have a full custom remap.

My PC may be going back on fleabay then!

viffer
14-12-08, 12:15 PM
Fully tuneable standard ecu? Dynotech had my minitwin on their dyno t'other day and told me they were limited in what the standard ecu will allow. True it's not a simple one up or down map they told me there were three bands that could seperately be altered up and down independant of each other. I'll try and scan the finished map and post it. The torque "curve" is a flat line, Luverly.:)

metalmonkey
14-12-08, 08:15 PM
I would put a post up on motoforum, but your on there aren't you?

From when you posted on there if it was there have been loads of mini twins bought and sold.

I would stick up post on motofourm and all the fourms, saying that your after bike. Though would not be cheaper to get a Cat C or D bike? After all you don't need the road gear, that normally sold or put in the bin if its broke.

You can run the the bike on a full system, with a standard filter which several people do and run at the front of the grid. one thing I have learnt is keep it simple and also clean.

As others have said, there is no need for a PC or steering damper, money would be better spent on spare parts.

RGV250ads
14-12-08, 09:04 PM
The last 3 c'ship winning bikes at MRO and Bemsee thereafter have not had PC's fitted. With the fastest laps of minitwins in the country - draw your own conclusion.

viffer
14-12-08, 09:12 PM
There are several "cosmetic write offs" on flea bay at the mo' Chris is right if you can't pick up a sorted minitwin, do it yourself, you've still got time.

Sideshow#36
15-12-08, 12:57 AM
Says the man who has inored all of my advice in the past, thrown it in the bin and bought 2 bikes since???? Have you even had anymore track time? or have your bikes been sat there gathering dust?
I would put a post up on motoforum, but your on there aren't you?

From when you posted on there if it was there have been loads of mini twins bought and sold.

I would stick up post on motofourm and all the fourms, saying that your after bike. Though would not be cheaper to get a Cat C or D bike? After all you don't need the road gear, that normally sold or put in the bin if its broke.

You can run the the bike on a full system, with a standard filter which several people do and run at the front of the grid. one thing I have learnt is keep it simple and also clean.

As others have said, there is no need for a PC or steering damper, money would be better spent on spare parts.

Sideshow#36
15-12-08, 01:06 AM
You can build a bike from a cat d/c but as prviously advised you wont get anything selling them parts, as funnily enough...... its a cat c/d and all the plastics are bent!

A fully prepped minitwin is the way forward if you are lucky enough to find one. But yes you can prep your own. It cost me a more than I will get back, as with anything. But i like to know how a bike is put together, and enjoyed building my own, but it will cost you more.

There is no way you can run a competative minitwin on stock supension so there is £700 you need to spend. Bodywork and a cheap DIY paintjob is another £300. Rearsets, spare wheels and other odds and ends is another £500 ontop of your supposed Cat D and you are already up to around £1500 without eben looking at aftermarket air filters and exhaust systems + dyno time.

In short dont build your own if there is one readily out there, or if you really like prepping your own stuff. Also I run a PC III but purely because mine was my own road bike before I turned it into a race bike and I had it on there for the gucci factor. It is good at what it does but yes the stock ECU can be re mapped to a more than adequate standard!

Be carful who you take your advice off!!!

weecorey
15-12-08, 07:58 AM
The other benefit of building you own from a road bike is hopefully you can pick one up with low road miles and not flogged out. As myself and sideshow said £1500 on top of a bike for a decent but not perfect minitwin. To be honest I'd rather build my own and spend £4K than buy one for that money, at least you know every nut and bolt on the bike and wont get any suprises.

metalmonkey
15-12-08, 04:36 PM
Says the man who has inored all of my advice in the past, thrown it in the bin and bought 2 bikes since???? Have you even had anymore track time? or have your bikes been sat there gathering dust?

As I said a while back mate, things at work aren't great and have acually got worse, so at the moment I haven't had time for anything else, its actually affected my health as well. Sounds weak maybe, but sometime things don't work out how you planned. Another of life's little curve balls.

Yes I want to be out there, however as above my head is the wrong place until I get this mess sorted one way or another then I can finally relax. Until then.......

If its any use, there are two carb's SV up for sale on the mini twin yahoo talk group, make of it what you will.

Matty Boy
16-12-08, 06:22 PM
Wanna say thankyou to you all for taking the time to give me your info and advice lads, ive taken it all on board and it gives me a good starting point, and things to think about the direction i wanna go with this! :)

Ive raced before and won 3 championships, but on a MZ 250 so this is a completely different setup in the big boys league. Im a complete novice in the minitwin world and i dont mind admitting that! But its thanks to this website and guys like yourself that get people in the right direction.

Ive been in contact with Steve Jordan motorcycles as they are not far from me so theres no shortage of info! I shall more than likely build my own if a machine does not come my way but what with the way money is at the minute, it will be a gradual process so i have no plans of a full season yet!

Have a good xmas

Ta

Matty Boy! :)

Dangerous Dave
16-12-08, 06:26 PM
Good luck Matt

lynn racing
21-12-08, 09:46 PM
Hi there,

Im looking for an SV to compete in 2009, Ive got around 3K to spend so if anyone out there is looking for some extra bunce before crimbo and the wifes nagging you to make space in the garage then please drop me line.

Ideally, im looking for a competitive injection model with spare wheels and wets and maybe a spare fairing...but anyone with bikes please get in touch and tell me what you got and a few pics would be cool.

Cheers

Matty Boy #4 :D
hia mate ring this number 07808970747 he has a good sv race bike for sale its a k6 all with it .

coxxy
07-02-09, 09:10 PM
yep nearly finished the same job you have suggested. Road bike cost 2300 but had GSXR front end which has been sold off for 700 meaning I get the Inj K3 roady low mileage for 1600. Building it back yourself means you know what the bike has got on it and when its together its like YOURS not some other nob who has bodged along. Stock race forks, rearsets, fairings, race exhaust, discs, race throttle, clip ons, race subframes etc may cost 2000 approx but it is all NEW or nearly from various suppliers. So you have a proper competitive minitwin for around 3600 in all. Downside is time and getting it all together. Upside is getting to know how it goes together, buying lots of STUFF, lots of parcels in the post and something to do when the crap TV is even more crap, oh and the missus is not co operating! And as she takes shape................well its like a new member of the family, your baby; love. Trouble is it will be harder to drop on the first time round Druids at Brands Hatch in the spring. If you want any help give us a PM or join another forum which is more race orientated at motoforum. PM on coxxy if you want.
Good luck!

speedplay
07-02-09, 09:39 PM
look what come up on fleabay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190285262768&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

GavinD
11-02-09, 10:00 AM
I'm now looking for one - got £1500 to spend on it so half the budget of the previous suggested bike!

coxxy
11-02-09, 05:09 PM
look what come up on fleabay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190285262768&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

phew, looks good! Thank god for flea bay!