PDA

View Full Version : Scopion Street Extreme Fitting

crewmanchris
26-11-08, 08:01 PM
Got my new exuast and i'm gonna fit it at the weekend. Anyone got any tips?
Will i need extra blades for my hacksaw?
Whats the best type of gunge to seal the joints?
Do i have to remove anything from inside the pipes?

Can't wait to hear the noise (and to start it without any can!)

KnightRider
26-11-08, 08:34 PM
Snap I will be doing the same at the weekend. Cant wait to rev the nuts of the CBR with no Zaust!

skeetly
26-11-08, 10:21 PM
done mine with an anglegrinder but I'm sure a hacksaw will be fine.
Just slow.
They come with good instructions so just follow them. I didnt bother with any gunge on mine and its been fine. :)

ogden
27-11-08, 09:24 AM
I didn't bother with anything when I put a can on my Bandit either.

In fact the only time I can remember using instant gasket, it was to seal up holes in the bottom of my boots.

skeetly
27-11-08, 11:37 AM
Lets a bit of air in on the over run as well i think :D

StreetHawk
27-11-08, 12:15 PM
Junior hacksaw and a set of metal blades from Homebase did the job for me.. Very easy. You can get a tube of exhaust sealant from Halfords.

One tip - Put a block of wood or something between the can and the swingarm when sawing so you don't do any damage :-)

crewmanchris
27-11-08, 07:11 PM
Sweet - sounds easy enough. Even got it out of the packaging today - looks great!
Do you think that i need to let my insurance company know? I don't think that it changes the power much.

Any ideas on if there are baffle to remove - I am sure that i read somewhere that you have to cut through something elas in the pipe - or an I getting my wires crossed!?

DanAbnormal
28-11-08, 12:05 AM
Why not try doing it with a chainsaw?

Then it could be extreme scorpion fitting.

Just an idea.

I'll go now. :)

KnightRider
28-11-08, 11:59 AM
Sweet - sounds easy enough. Even got it out of the packaging today - looks great!
Do you think that i need to let my insurance company know? I don't think that it changes the power much.

Any ideas on if there are baffle to remove - I am sure that i read somewhere that you have to cut through something elas in the pipe - or an I getting my wires crossed!?

Tell your insurance company

ogden
29-11-08, 12:55 AM
Tell your insurance company

What he said.

Unless you have a compelling reason not to, anyway.

flibble
29-11-08, 11:30 AM
Use an angle grinder :D

crewmanchris
01-12-08, 08:06 PM
Fitted this weekend. Blunted my hacksaw but all sorted! Gave my bike a wash after and it was blowing through the joints. Think that i will get some sealant. It looks and ound great though!

FG1
01-12-08, 11:23 PM
Pop along to The Shire Horse in Maidenhead on Tuesday night and lets all see/hear it.