PDA

View Full Version : Xmas meet - Tuesday 16th - Shire Horse

KnightRider
03-12-08, 12:32 AM
I know it is a bit early, but as the 16th will be the last meet before xmas and probably the last until Jan (cant imagine most people will show up on the 30th) I thought we should probably organise this one early and try and get a good xmas turn out.

So put your excuses away and come and have a festive pint with us all.

Jon

sandman
03-12-08, 08:59 AM
I would love to join in but i have my compnay Christmas do that day down in sussex
so it will be a no from me
The temption of free beer is too great

FG1
03-12-08, 09:26 AM
So, we know where your loyalties are eh....
It's not like you have worked for them for long....

Good idea Jon, I suppose this could be the closest thing we are going to have to a Chrismas bash.

KnightRider
03-12-08, 10:38 AM
Fairy lights on your motorbike are optional!

Warthog
03-12-08, 01:42 PM
Ah balls, its the same night as the work OBN christmas party, with jazz and three course meal that I am already booked onto. Sorry :(.

KnightRider
03-12-08, 02:30 PM
Ah balls, its the same night as the work OBN christmas party, with jazz and three course meal that I am already booked onto. Sorry :(.

Thought you were the only person at work...are you taking yourself out for a lonely xmas party?

Stig
03-12-08, 03:35 PM
There is always the option of changing the date to suit more people.

My work cancelled Christmas functions this year what with them being such a small company and all. :roll: Which means I have no Christmas party/function to attend.

:( I shall be available for any date.

DanAbnormal
03-12-08, 05:33 PM
Probably not as it's my b'day and hopefully my wife will be taking me somewhere swish for a meal. KFC anyone?!

Warthog
03-12-08, 06:12 PM
You love KFC Dan, don't deny it!

OBN is the Oxfordshire bioscience network. if it was my own company party there would be two people there. If it is changed date I might be able to make it.

walkaboutandy
04-12-08, 12:15 AM
Can't make it as i'm working late shift that week. :(

Sosha
04-12-08, 10:41 AM
How about an extracurricular TVSF boozeup - 12th night or summit to kick the festive season into touch. I nominate FB and the fridge of wonder.......

on second thoughts though...

philbut
04-12-08, 11:45 AM
Well I'm in, but if people can't make it due to other commitments we could have a poll for other dates if needs be.

DanAbnormal
04-12-08, 11:52 AM
Well......

I have an xmas do on the 10th, another one on the 12th, then my birthday on the 16th.

But then I never turn up to meets anyway recently! :rolleyes:

sam anon
04-12-08, 01:51 PM
I'll come! The 16th is fine, but am flexible so am happy to do other dates too!

KnightRider
12-12-08, 04:29 PM
Should this be stickied? Or is this not going ahead?

Stig
12-12-08, 06:50 PM
As I said before, I am happy with the date as it is. But if others want to change to a more suitable date I am happy with that also.

Stickied now.

KnightRider
13-12-08, 09:12 PM
ok

Stig
13-12-08, 10:00 PM
If any of you lot that wants to come but can't make the date. Suggest an alternative one.

ogden
14-12-08, 01:18 AM
I could do the Thursday. That's about it though.

walkaboutandy
14-12-08, 03:50 AM
If any of you lot that wants to come but can't make the date. Suggest an alternative one.
How about the 23rd?

sam anon
15-12-08, 08:58 AM
I can do the 23rd too, or Thursday, or Tuesday.

You lot are just too busy!

Sosha
15-12-08, 11:13 AM
Swapping my vote to the "not sure"s. Something's come up.

DanAbnormal
15-12-08, 11:17 AM
Something's come up.

Said the bishop to the waiter. :-D

Grinch
15-12-08, 12:16 PM
Are you on a date with Raf?

Sosha
15-12-08, 01:59 PM
knew I should have phrased that differently :rolleyes:

Stig
16-12-08, 10:03 AM
Damn it. I will be in the car this evening. F'k stupid Friggin piece of Honda rotting crap bike. Grrrr.
:smt073

ogden
16-12-08, 10:16 AM
F'k stupid Friggin piece of Honda rotting crap bike.

<------------------------------

philbut
16-12-08, 10:24 AM
er I'm confused. so are we meeting tonight or not? The other thread suggests we are meeting thursday looking at the poll???

Stig
16-12-08, 10:27 AM
There are some that can not make tonight. There are some that can not make Thursday.

I will be attending both tonight and Thursday.

philbut
16-12-08, 03:09 PM
Ah right I see. Dilema - do I come tonight or Thursday - I can do either really but can't afford to do both. As Andy and Nick will be heading over on Thursday I guess it would make sense for me to do Thursday.

Stig
16-12-08, 03:12 PM
Ah right I see. Dilema - do I come tonight or Thursday - I can do either really but can't afford to do both. As Andy and Nick will be heading over on Thursday I guess it would make sense for me to do Thursday.

I'll see you on Thursday then.

DanAbnormal
16-12-08, 05:03 PM
I should be able to make this one. Unless we have a freak blizzard or something in the meantime.

Hmm, I can hear the burger calling me!!

See you Thursday. :cheers:

sam anon
16-12-08, 05:15 PM
I'll come tonight, so will hopefuly see someone there!

Stig
16-12-08, 05:20 PM
I should be able to make this one. Unless we have a freak blizzard or something in the meantime.

Hmm, I can hear the burger calling me!!

See you Thursday. :cheers:

Are you reply to say you will be there tonight as oer the thread title? Or are you saying you wont be there tonight but will be on Thursday? Or are you saying you will be there tonight AND Thursday? Make yourself clear damn it.

I'll come tonight, so will hopefuly see someone there!

I'll be there and I believe Jon is attending also as he can't make Thursday.

Stig
16-12-08, 06:27 PM
Just about to leave work. See you shortly for all those attending.

walkaboutandy
16-12-08, 06:49 PM
I can't do Thursday either cos I'm working late shift all week. I've put me name down for next Tuesday.

DanAbnormal
16-12-08, 09:20 PM
Are you reply to say you will be there tonight as oer the thread title? Or are you saying you wont be there tonight but will be on Thursday? Or are you saying you will be there tonight AND Thursday? Make yourself clear damn it.

I'll be there and I believe Jon is attending also as he can't make Thursday.
I'm afraid my dear Ape you will have to wait till Thursday. I know it will be tough. ;)

Stig
17-12-08, 12:10 AM
I'm afraid my dear Ape you will have to wait till Thursday. I know it will be tough. ;)

I can hardly contain my excitement. :wink:

Well it was a reasonable turn out considering most have voted for Thursday. Nice surprise visit for a Mr Squid and Mr Billy too. Nice to see you two again. :cool:

For those that were there and if I don't see you again before, have a good festive time of school. :wink:

Sosha
17-12-08, 01:13 PM
Bit weird turning up in the peugeot.... Lazy much?

but guests and everything...

Stig
17-12-08, 01:25 PM
Bit weird turning up in the peugeot.... Lazy much?

Erm. I'm saying nothing. Not when I turned up in a Volvo.

but guests and everything...

Yes and had I been given more notice I would have ordered the 'posh' table in the corner. :lol:

FG1
17-12-08, 01:56 PM
It was indeed very nice having guests last night.

Well, the van turned up to deliver the bike today.......
The doors opened and there it was........

The wrong bloody bike.

They delivered a K8.

It has gone back so just waiting to hear whats happening next...

sam anon
17-12-08, 02:11 PM
I did say "good luck" with the new bike!

Unlucky Tony, and the sun is shining today!!

ogden
17-12-08, 02:20 PM
Well, the van turned up to deliver the bike today.......
The doors opened and there it was........

The wrong bloody bike.

They delivered a K8.

What were you expecting?

FG1
17-12-08, 02:23 PM
SV650s K9 in Black

ogden
17-12-08, 02:24 PM
Oh. Is there a difference?

KnightRider
17-12-08, 02:37 PM

Play nice!

Probably not!!!!

DanAbnormal
17-12-08, 02:38 PM

Tee hee!

ogden
17-12-08, 02:55 PM
Play nice!

Probably not!!!!

It was an honest question!

(Though this seems relevant: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.motorcycles/msg/cfe05e42f804fc6d)

FG1
17-12-08, 04:23 PM
Slight differences betwen K8 and K9 are:
Black forks on K9 silver on K8
Black wheels on K9 grey on K8
Black seat on K9 red on K8
Clear indicators on K9 orange on K8
Only minor I know but, hell, I suppose I am a tart when it comes to shiny things.

Sosha
17-12-08, 05:10 PM
So the question is.....

Who did he deliver the K9 to?

oops

Messie
17-12-08, 05:24 PM
And the other question is

Are you still interested in my R6?? Was hoping you were :rolleyes:

FG1
17-12-08, 05:38 PM
Sally, unfortunately, the insurance on an R6 is a lot dearer than it is on the SV for me. Realistically, I can't justify the R6 and tbh I like the V twin of the SV. As I am never going to push the SV to its limits then the R6 would be wasted on me.......

Sorry hun. Looks like I am not going to be the one who relieves you of it.

walkaboutandy
17-12-08, 06:50 PM
Slight differences betwen K8 and K9 are:
Black forks on K9 silver on K8
Black wheels on K9 grey on K8
Black seat on K9 red on K8
Clear indicators on K9 orange on K8
Only minor I know but, hell, I suppose I am a tart when it comes to shiny things.
Too right whats the point of getting a K8 when you can have a K9. Sounds like they were trying to pull a fast one!

Its going to be well stealthy in black! Has it got a black frame too?

FG1
17-12-08, 07:35 PM
Yep, still got a black frame.
However, why Suzuki still have silver footpegs is beyond me. I am thinking of getting all the pegs powder coated so that will be pretty much everything black except the engine......

Oh, and I have a Scorpion Street Extreme in carbon in the post....:D

DanAbnormal
17-12-08, 11:03 PM
Yep, still got a black frame.
However, why Suzuki still have silver footpegs is beyond me. I am thinking of getting all the pegs powder coated so that will be pretty much everything black except the engine......

Oh, and I have a Scorpion Street Extreme in carbon in the post....:D

Probably because the powder coating may wear off in about 5 mins. I remember my brand new SV's paintwork on the tank was dull after 2 weeks of riding. I guess I should have got a tank protector but never had the trouble with other bikes paint wearing so quick. Suzuki are not known for their quality finish. Still, your SV was about the only one I've ever seen where I thought it looked quite smart. 'Tis a shame but I'm sure you'll do up you're next bike.

Warthog
18-12-08, 03:45 PM
Still, your SV was about the only one I've ever seen where I thought it looked quite smart til you binned it. 'Tis a shame but I'm sure you'll do the same to your next bike.

Harsh :)

DanAbnormal
18-12-08, 05:46 PM
Harsh :)

I had to re-read my original post then!

You little tinker! :smt083