PDA

View Full Version : ride out / whats them ?

tonyk
08-12-08, 07:55 AM
ride outs ?
damm i miss them.......in the nice hot weather.(well sort of hot weather)
guys we really need to get this ride out business organised.
Any weekend its fine weather ..
I’m off, anyone / everyone welcome to join.
Will post up as soon as the weather changes …...:cheers:

ogden
08-12-08, 09:23 AM
I took the gixer down to Box Hill yesterday with a view to scrubbing in my new(ish) rear and trying out my new riding gear.

The new kit passed with flying colours - an absolute steal at the price - but the tyre remains as unscrubbed as ever - impossible to get any heat in it and a tiny bit of gas when leaving the car park at Box Hill left me fishtailing all the way to the roundabout. Lethal.

I'd suggest a post some time around April when conditions are less treacherous.

KnightRider
08-12-08, 09:57 AM
Indeed - commuting to work has been interesting on the CBR. I seem to spin the rear on a regular basis and aside from my dash down the M4 getting heat into them tyres is near impossible.

DanAbnormal
08-12-08, 11:03 AM
Rideouts and meets seem like a distant memory to me. We had such a rubbish year weather wise. Lets hope next year is better.

ogden
08-12-08, 11:57 AM
We live in an island on the edge of the Atlantic ocean, on the same latitude as Moscow. The weather's never great.

The weather wasn't the problem though. People just didn't seem to want to get out and ride. It was the same over on UKRM - dragging people out to play was nigh-on impossible. The weather's just an excuse.

Stig
08-12-08, 12:05 PM
I've never used the weather as an excuse not to play. I have however used my family. And will continue to do so. But I do want to get on more rides this coming year. With Meg now very much wanting to pillion, I can see these rides becoming more available for me to attend.

All good stuff. :cool:

ogden
08-12-08, 12:22 PM
I'm pencilling this run in for when it brightens up a bit:

http://tinyurl.com/6h64mx

Not quite sure how to make the return leg non-tedious though.

Stig
08-12-08, 12:30 PM

That all looks good apart from the banzai down the A4 at the end. I'd be up for sharing that. I wouldn't worry about the return leg as I'd just go home from there. :)

sam anon
08-12-08, 01:51 PM

What about the same way, but in reverse (as you might have guessed!)? Some of the A4 is ok, but it tends to be the sections further west.

I had a good ride on Saturday, as it was relatively warm, having said that, the best bit is all under trees so was still wet. :(

KnightRider
08-12-08, 01:52 PM
That all looks good apart from the banzai down the A4 at the end. I'd be up for sharing that. I wouldn't worry about the return leg as I'd just go home from there. :)

Lunch at the Ape's house.

Sounds good to me :D

ogden
08-12-08, 02:31 PM
What about the same way, but in reverse (as you might have guessed!)? Some of the A4 is ok, but it tends to be the sections further west.

I had a good ride on Saturday, as it was relatively warm, having said that, the best bit is all under trees so was still wet. :(

The route as plotted ends up at the Red Lion in Avebury. Pleasant surroundings and there are usually a few bikes parked up there anyway.

Doing it the other way round would put the end of the run in Aylesbury. Yuck.

DanAbnormal
08-12-08, 04:23 PM
Let's be frank, all in all it was a pretty sh*t year for biking for many reasons. I even gave up biking for two months which I thought I could never do. Hopefully next year things will improve. I still managed to get to the AR this year which was ace despite the poop weather. Here's hoping hoping for a motorcycle rideout filled 2009 with you fine people. Yes, even YOU Warthog! :-D

Stig
08-12-08, 04:26 PM
Lunch at the Ape's house.

Sounds good to me :D

Always ready to accomodate.

Warthog
08-12-08, 04:29 PM
Let's be frank, all in all it was a pretty sh*t year for biking for many reasons. I even gave up biking for two months which I thought I could never do. Hopefully next year things will improve. I still managed to get to the AR this year which was ace despite the poop weather. Here's hoping hoping for a motorcycle rideout filled 2009 with you fine people. Yes, even YOU Warthog! :-D

Even me?! Thats pretty desperate! :lol:

I did 120 miles over the weekend and it just wasn't fun. If you want me out on a bike, come see me after winter.

DanAbnormal
08-12-08, 04:37 PM
Always ready to accomodate.

The bacon sarnie's were great last time! Hat's off to Jo! And the little Ape's are amusing. :p

ogden
08-12-08, 04:56 PM

Actually, this gives me an idea for a new thread...

philbut
09-12-08, 10:47 AM
I'll be doing about 800 miles all in all over Christmas and new year - anyone fancy joining me on Boxing day for my little jaunt from Worcester - Harrogate. Nice littel 320 miles round trip with a slap up christmas dinner in between. isn't it great having family who live up the other f'in side of the country!

ogden
09-12-08, 01:26 PM
You could meet up with Adrian on his Grand Tour of Britain!

Warthog
10-12-08, 06:27 PM
haha I remember that! Is it going ahead?

ogden
10-12-08, 07:20 PM
I hope for his sake that it isn't.

Stig
11-12-08, 12:13 PM
Maybe that's why he has been quite recently. He must be in training for the event. Go Adrian.

ogden
11-12-08, 02:51 PM
Maybe that's why he has been quite recently. He must be in training for the event.

Sitting in a dark room, in a bath full of ice, under a cold shower?

DanAbnormal
11-12-08, 03:21 PM
sitting in a dark room, in a bath full of ice, under a cold shower?

pmsl!

sv650nutter149
11-12-08, 05:06 PM
oooo ride outs.... im off riding atm cause had tonsials out on tues and yes they do hurt..... defo need to get back in to riding havent done much of it lately... had 3 weeks in florida and now 2 weeks off sick... none of this i get paid for...... and i did get a job at hillingdon but got phone call this morning saying i cant be accepted cause of mu sick history. so need ride out to let off the steam....2009 come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stig
11-12-08, 10:20 PM
Yes Sophie. Well observed. I can't spell. ;)