PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider project

KnightRider
15-12-08, 06:13 PM
Okay so I am very very very bored at the moment as I have no work on and have deceided to start working on my knight rider project. Now I haven't quite deceided whether or not to put it on the bike but at least I have the circuit working:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J1MGo8XcQPU

Stig
15-12-08, 06:19 PM
Do it.

philbut
15-12-08, 06:23 PM
DO IT! And also, we shall expect a talking version to follow shortly. One that could ride you home from the pub would also be a bonus, but I doubt the plod would accept the excuse "but I wasn't really driving officer, it was the bike. look, it has the red LEDs and everything"

Stig
15-12-08, 06:30 PM
DO IT! And also, we shall expect a talking version to follow shortly. One that could ride you home from the pub would also be a bonus, but I doubt the plod would accept the excuse "but I wasn't really driving officer, it was the bike. look, it has the red LEDs and everything"

:lol:

KnightRider
15-12-08, 06:30 PM
Was thinking that if I do it I may also wire it so that I can flip it on whilst I am parked. I figure that it might stop goof balls from running into my bike when it is parked (ie like the one that reversed into my SV!)

If I do go ahead and fit it then I know that I will also put some white LED's in there as well. That way I can turn it back to white for MOT's and just in case plod pulls me over!

SoulKiss
15-12-08, 06:55 PM
Was thinking that if I do it I may also wire it so that I can flip it on whilst I am parked. I figure that it might stop goof balls from running into my bike when it is parked (ie like the one that reversed into my SV!)

If I do go ahead and fit it then I know that I will also put some white LED's in there as well. That way I can turn it back to white for MOT's and just in case plod pulls me over!

Plod will still pull you for white flashing/moving lights......

walkaboutandy
15-12-08, 06:57 PM
Cool!

Speaking of lights, did you get your HID kit in the end?

KnightRider
15-12-08, 08:10 PM
Plod will still pull you for white flashing/moving lights......

Ahh - but they will in fact be white non moving lights just like the originals. Cunning hey!

Warthog
15-12-08, 08:33 PM
Hahaha Do it!

monkey
16-12-08, 02:15 AM
I want one!

SoulKiss
26-12-08, 12:09 PM
I want one!

Well heres a little something I put together....

More KR2K8 than HoffRider.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhi1PgUasQ

Stig
26-12-08, 07:10 PM
well heres a little something i put together....

More kr2k8 than hoffrider.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhi1pguasq

lmao

KnightRider
29-12-08, 01:44 PM
Thats quite nice. Have never played with an Arduino chip before. Is it any good?

SoulKiss
29-12-08, 02:10 PM
Thats quite nice. Have never played with an Arduino chip before. Is it any good?

Kind of depends on

a) Your definition of good.

and

b) just how good your programming in C is.

Currently have it working as a volt-meter in the 0-20V range......