sv650nutter149
28-12-08, 12:29 AM
looks cool will see wat im working

sv650nutter149
28-12-08, 12:32 AM
bugger im on 8-8

philbut
28-12-08, 11:33 AM
Tempting. I'm up in Scotland for a week in feb so I'll have to check exactly when i get back but I'd be up for this at that price - just hope for a sunny day!

Haluk
28-12-08, 04:24 PM
This is cheaper and includes novices too.
http://focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=1117

sandman
28-12-08, 06:51 PM
hmm tempting again
i would be up for it if others are?

Haluk
29-12-08, 03:54 PM
And it's for Suzuki owners only but debatable if this is a good thing or a bad thing. At least there could be plenty SV's (so one would think).
What exactly is a track day anyway? I've never been to one. Is it merely an oportunity to ride your bike to its top speed or is there more to it? What's £55 worth about it?

sandman
29-12-08, 04:54 PM
Just the opportunity to see what you are capable of around a track which racers normally go around
Snetterton is a good circuit for novices
A massive back straight and plenty of right handers to try and get your knee down.
It is good fun
Usually get 20 minute sessions at this track in groups of 20 -30
if others form here go i will definatley be there
i stayed in a local b&b last time but it would take about 90 minutes to go up in the morning from Wycombe way
Have a look at the video which we did while we were there

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2137155537591949735&ei=hABZSZeUIYuGjQK-6Zy5CQ&q=best+snetterotn

Haluk
30-12-08, 07:00 PM
Presently I don't feel ready for this kind of stuff. Coming back from work today the roads looked like they were covered by black ice, which didn't help my confidence. I was going really slowly around corners. Come February though I may feel differently.

philbut
31-12-08, 07:40 PM
Presently I don't feel ready for this kind of stuff. Coming back from work today the roads looked like they were covered by black ice, which didn't help my confidence. I was going really slowly around corners. Come February though I may feel differently.

Rather random question Haluk, but is your avitar of your bike parked up at Halens in Cambridge? I recogniese their carpark (yes sad I know). I used to live down Mill road - halens was my local port of call for parts.

Haluk
31-12-08, 07:55 PM
Rather random question Haluk, but is your avitar of your bike parked up at Halens in Cambridge? I recogniese their carpark (yes sad I know). I used to live down Mill road - halens was my local port of call for parts.

Yes Phil it is. You're the second person to recognise it in this forum. I bought a YBR125 Custom from them, then traded it in for my red SV on the day the picture was taken.

flibble
06-01-09, 08:50 PM
So... any more takers on the trackday at Snetterton?

No limits have Brands Indy day on 21/02 (£99), bad point is that it costs more than Snetterton, but on the plus side it's:
- on a Saturday
- only an hr's ride from Shire horse so there won't be any overnight costs
- less in petrol getting there

:p

walkaboutandy
06-01-09, 08:51 PM
I'd be up for snetterton although there is a couple at Donington Park GP which would be cool. Donington is defo a 'must do' circuit especially as it might be closed for the proposed updates needed to get the F1 GP.

Dan_UK
06-01-09, 08:57 PM
Also the problem with snetters is it is in the shape of a penis.... and with names like "Russell's Bellend" and "Bumbhole"

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/StreetBaker/Snetterton5B15D.gif

Warthog
06-01-09, 09:01 PM
*snigger*

I ain't doing track days until its sunny! Someone else posted in the main section saying a guy broke his pelvis on a track day last Saturday!

walkaboutandy
06-01-09, 09:02 PM
Ha Ha!! :lol:

walkaboutandy
06-01-09, 09:03 PM
Ooops..... 1 minute too late.

I wasn't laughing at the blokes broken pelvis!!

sandman
07-01-09, 09:09 AM
The track day at Snetterton was not until March
No chance of doing one until then
I wouldn't mind trying Donnington either

philbut
09-01-09, 02:59 PM
Ooops..... 1 minute too late.

I wasn't laughing at the blokes broken pelvis!!

I thought that was rather insensitive Andy :p

I don't want to commit until the 7R is fully operational and at the moment I'm trying to track down the source of a vibration under heavy braking. When it stops being so bloody cold I'll get tinkering again. Still theoretically up for this though.

sandman
09-01-09, 04:00 PM
i have been looking at other tracks and Donnington is really on a weekday track
Brands hatch is open at the weekend but is a bit more pricey than Snetterton
Castle coombe is a possibility along with of course Rockingham
i do not want to go until the weather has warmed up a bit but i wouldconsider going in March.

flibble
09-01-09, 06:35 PM
Bear in mind Castle combe are very strict on noise levels, but a great circuit...

Sosha
22-01-09, 10:44 AM
Also trackday twitterings going on in (shock) the trackday section...

Stig
22-01-09, 12:55 PM
Also trackday twitterings going on in (shock) the trackday section...

Yes but is this thread not about having another 'TVSF' trackday?

sandman
22-01-09, 01:49 PM
i posted in here as i did not want to be billy no mates on track and would like to go with some people that i know or have chatted too.
i am keeping an eye on the other thread as well but prefer to keep it local for local people!!!!

Sosha
22-01-09, 02:16 PM
Well I'm alright Jack - I've definitely chatted to a few of 'em - not that I fancy booking up way in advance.

Must also service brakes and remove screw from tyre first anyway.
New plugs'd be an idea too.

Edit: Rubbish poll though

Edit2: I kind of meant twitterings about an Org trackday rather than the random "Ere anyone fancy this"

monkey
23-01-09, 11:56 PM
Am I local enough to join in the fun? Should I ask for Sausage Family membership?

Stig
24-01-09, 12:06 PM
Am I local enough to join in the fun? Should I ask for Sausage Family membership?

And how many meets do you think you will be attending Monkey boy? :wink:

Messie
24-01-09, 12:35 PM
i posted in here as i did not want to be billy no mates on track and would like to go with some people that i know or have chatted too.
i am keeping an eye on the other thread as well but prefer to keep it local for local people!!!!

Haha I've seen it though and I'm not local so ner ner ;) and I might turn up!!

monkey
24-01-09, 01:06 PM
And how many meets do you think you will be attending Monkey boy? :wink:

At least two???! The autotrader says I'm in the Thames valley but I live in a London borough so I'm multi-regional. Ok, that's sorted then.

ogden
24-01-09, 11:11 PM
Also the problem with snetters is it is in the shape of a penis.... and with names like "Russell's Bellend" and "Bumbhole"

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/StreetBaker/Snetterton5B15D.gif

My enduring memory of Snetterton is watching a bike explode after someone failed to slow down for the esses. Flames 30 feet high and a column of smoke to rival Buncefield. Glorious!

sandman
25-01-09, 09:57 AM
They have put a nice run off strip at the esses and at Sear Courner
Saw lots of people use that in the novice group i was in last year