PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: man with van/trailer in reading

pencil shavings
05-01-09, 02:06 PM
I went to the garden center and the bike wont start again :( says FI error. Has done this previously but I just turned it off and back on and it worked fine.

anyone able to lend a hand to get it back to mine?

cheers

crewmanchris
05-01-09, 06:34 PM
have you tried disconnecting the battery?

pencil shavings
05-01-09, 06:41 PM
no, didnt try anything, had no idea where to start.

I got a cab home so will go and get the recovery to pick it up tomorrow i think. Hopfully it is somthing minor, or somthing related to the alarm, as I have seen mentioned in a previous thread.

philbut
06-01-09, 12:05 PM
bugger. Sorry mate, I only have 2 wheels unfortunatly. Hope you get it sorted, how annoying!

pencil shavings
06-01-09, 12:24 PM
thanks philbut, It was so frustrating as I had done 3 other stops earlier, then it just wouldnt have it for the homeward trip!! :@
Hope its still there....

Stig
06-01-09, 12:28 PM
I can't help either I am afraid. But what's the betting when you have managed to get it all sorted and return to load it up, it starts on first push of the button.

pencil shavings
06-01-09, 12:30 PM
I can't help either I am afraid. But what's the betting when you have managed to get it all sorted and return to load it up, it starts on first push of the button.

yep I know!!

Im not sure what to do, ring the recovery man, should be there in an hourish. stay at home and get a cab after about half hour. with the thought that it wont start.

or go there and check it first with helmet in hand?

Stig
06-01-09, 12:34 PM
yep I know!!

Im not sure what to do, ring the recovery man, should be there in an hourish. stay at home and get a cab after about half hour. with the thought that it wont start.

or go there and check it first with helmet in hand?

If the garden centre has a restaurant you could go and see if it will start, if it doesn't then ring recovery. At least you will be able to sit in the warm with a drink while you wait.

pencil shavings
06-01-09, 12:39 PM
Im not sure if it does. The toilet is outside in a separate building, so my inclination would be that it dosent. But there are afew warm building I could go in. Think I will do that, and hope she starts!!

any thing I should be trying? like disconnecting and reconnecting the batery?

Stig
06-01-09, 01:11 PM
I don't know enough about the workings of FI bikes to give an informed opinion.

pencil shavings
06-01-09, 04:26 PM
I am not a happy bunny.

I will post more details when i have eaten somthing, brain dosent work well without fuel!

pencil shavings
06-01-09, 05:03 PM
the rest of the story

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1736080#post1736080

Warthog
06-01-09, 08:58 PM
Man that sounds like terrible hassle! You have my sympthies :(. Unfortunately, that is all I am good for unless you want whisky, heavy metal or molecular virology advice...