PDA

View Full Version : First of the year. Shire meet. 13/01/09

Stig
11-01-09, 06:32 PM
So who's up for a meet? I will be there. Can't be sure I will be on two wheels, still do not have a working motorcycle :( But I will be there.

kat_s1
11-01-09, 07:38 PM
the highlight of this week :rolleyes:. so yes

Warthog
11-01-09, 08:50 PM
Well yeah I reckon so. Depending on the weather, wives (Andy and Phil) cars, bikes, noobs, etc. You understand.

sv650nutter149
11-01-09, 09:12 PM
should be able too dunno yet if i do it will be on the gsxr

FG1
11-01-09, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah baby............................

Did that sound a bit too keen.?????

sv650nutter149
11-01-09, 10:45 PM
yeah kinda lol

pencil shavings
11-01-09, 11:17 PM
ill will going out on the **** in reading!! so no from me!

pencil shavings
11-01-09, 11:18 PM
that was ment to say pi$$

sandman
11-01-09, 11:24 PM
might be there depends if the bike starts or not
got problems with the battery at the moment

FG1
11-01-09, 11:39 PM
What, keeping it in the nice warm garage is killing the battery.....:rolleyes:

sandman
12-01-09, 08:54 AM
something like that
Garage yes
Warm no
After about 4 days it refuses to start and i have to bump start it down the road

Grinch
12-01-09, 10:17 AM
I'm on early shift, so I might be awoken from my hazz to attend.

philbut
12-01-09, 10:27 AM
I've voted Nick numbers (as he isnt about these days to vote for himself) as I've got a meeting up in Liverpool, and relying on good old British Rail to get me home on time for the meet. Should be there though.

walkaboutandy
12-01-09, 12:23 PM
I'm on late shift. :smt019

ogden
12-01-09, 05:40 PM
Hmm, unexpectedly working from home tomorrow. Might turn up after all.

Warthog
12-01-09, 05:52 PM
Looks like it will be comfortably above zero degrees so that'll be good (5 degrees Tuesday evening).
Phill, when are you due back? Want to ride down together?

Warthog
12-01-09, 05:52 PM
Where was that Abingdon newbie, does he want to meet up?

rictus01
12-01-09, 06:10 PM
Might show my face, haven't decided just yet though, but it's an excuse to go play with the supercharged pushbike.

Cheers Mark.

philbut
12-01-09, 07:04 PM
Where was that Abingdon newbie, does he want to meet up?

I seem to remember him saying he was of skiiing this week or something so couldn't make this one.

I should be back by 5 or 6 so yes, I'd like to do the usual and meet at Sainsburys - I'll give you a bell tomorrow when I know what time my train gets in.

Grinch
13-01-09, 09:38 AM
I take it that the meet is at the usual place?

Dave20046
13-01-09, 09:42 AM
Bikey no workey :(

KnightRider
13-01-09, 10:23 AM
Thats a negative....my g/f and I had a bust up with her Dad (who is living with us) last night so think I need to stay back and provide moral support and where necessary an iron fist.

ogden
13-01-09, 10:59 AM
Thats a negative....my g/f and I had a bust up with her Dad (who is living with us)

OK, sweepstake time. Who had January 2009?

Stig
13-01-09, 11:12 AM
I take it that the meet is at the usual place?

Yes it is. :)

Bikey no workey :(

You sure your in the right thead. Or were you really considering riding all the way from Sheffield for a TV meet. :eek:

Thats a negative....my g/f and I had a bust up with her Dad (who is living with us) last night so think I need to stay back and provide moral support and where necessary an iron fist.

Sounds to me like the perfect excuse to get the f**k out.

OK, sweepstake time. Who had January 2009?

I don't think the sweepstake went out as far as that.

Grinch
13-01-09, 11:13 AM
Ta. See you there then...

Stig
13-01-09, 11:22 AM
Ta. See you there then...

Sweet.

KnightRider
13-01-09, 12:29 PM

To clarify he lives with us - we therefore need to tell him to get the f**k out. Trouble is that also has implications so we are between a rock and a hard place!

Stig
13-01-09, 12:39 PM
To clarify he lives with us - we therefore need to tell him to get the f**k out. Trouble is that also has implications so we are between a rock and a hard place!

I meant a perfect
opportunity for you to get out the house and come to the meet. :lol:

Sosha
13-01-09, 01:06 PM
To every cloud.... :smt051

Dave20046
13-01-09, 01:26 PM
Yes it is. :)

You sure your in the right thead. Or were you really considering riding all the way from Sheffield for a TV meet. :eek:

I don't think the sweepstake went out as far as that.
oops wrong board! Thought you were talking about shires in yorkshire...

FG1
13-01-09, 01:29 PM
LOL Dave. How am I supposed to defend the Northeners not being thick now...?????

ogden
13-01-09, 01:31 PM
oops wrong board! Thought you were talking about shires in yorkshire...

Without a working bike it doesn't really matter if it's Yorkshire, Berkshire or Outer Mongolia.

Warthog
13-01-09, 01:44 PM
haha Jon, it was bound to happen! That was the oddest situation ever. I could never live with my girlfriend's Dad.

Stig
13-01-09, 02:09 PM
LOL Dave. How am I supposed to defend the Northeners not being thick now...?????

Point in case I think. You can't. End of.

Warthog
13-01-09, 03:54 PM
Just relax and have a nice cup of tea, let the southeners do all the thinking :)

Grinch
13-01-09, 04:09 PM
See you all there...

FG1
13-01-09, 04:59 PM
Nick, thanks for that. My head hurts when I think, I think....:(

Dave20046
13-01-09, 05:34 PM
Just relax and have a nice cup of tea, let the southeners do all the thinking :)
:smt019

....fine

rictus01
13-01-09, 06:46 PM
got an unexpected visitor, so won't be going tonight I'm afraid.

Cheers Mark.

Stig
13-01-09, 06:53 PM
Change of plan for me too. Still at work and will be for at least another hour if not longer.

ogden
13-01-09, 07:06 PM
I'm in proper billy no mates territory here atm.

ogden
13-01-09, 07:33 PM
Scratch that, company's arrived. Now we are two.

sam anon
13-01-09, 09:09 PM
I was on my way to Asda when I realised tonight must be the shire meet, so apologies, but will be there in two weeks!

What happened with your bike then Tony? Have you had one delivered yet?

kat_s1
13-01-09, 10:52 PM
well im home, im cold but that will soon change.

nice meet guys and gals, hope to see you all at the next.

kat_s1

Grinch
13-01-09, 10:58 PM
Sorry I had a flat battery as the Reg/Rec has gone again.

Sosha
14-01-09, 10:52 AM
Mmmm still can't believe I finished that steak. Good to see people (and unmothball the SV)

Stig
14-01-09, 12:10 PM
Sorry for turning up. After a late night in the office I really couldn't be hassled with fighting the traffic in the cage. I went home. You never know, I may just have a motorcycle I can ride next time. :(

Warthog
14-01-09, 01:05 PM
Damn it was cold on the way back! Visor fogging up, fingers numb, it was hard to go 100mph still! :-P

ogden
14-01-09, 02:20 PM
Damn it was cold on the way back! Visor fogging up, fingers numb, it was hard to go 100mph still! :-P

I was nice and cosy the whole way home.

Only problem was frozen fog on the outside of the visor and some misting underneath the pinlock insert inside. Fingers and toes were fine though.

philbut
14-01-09, 02:28 PM
I was nice and cosy the whole way home.

Only problem was frozen fog on the outside of the visor and some misting underneath the pinlock insert inside. Fingers and toes were fine though.

i had some misting too. first time it's happened with the pinlock. Even opening the vents didn't seem to cure it. After finding my top box was frozen shut, I took it well slowly (sorry Nick). Roads seemed ok but I still didn't fancy testing them too much.

ogden
14-01-09, 02:41 PM
i had some misting too. first time it's happened with the pinlock. Even opening the vents didn't seem to cure it. After finding my top box was frozen shut, I took it well slowly (sorry Nick). Roads seemed ok but I still didn't fancy testing them too much.

Pansy. I had the gixer up to the redline in third, all sound as a pound. Way better than Saturday's slippy-slippy shenanigans.

philbut
14-01-09, 04:16 PM
Meh

Warthog
14-01-09, 05:03 PM
Yeah It did look icy, but the feeling I got from the road was that grip was ok. I trip spinning the rear up in a straight line but it gripped so I felt ok. No worries about slowing Phill, I am perfectly happy to ride sub 100mph if you feel nervous :-P hahaha.

Feet were fine! What gloves have you got Ogden? It was just mega cold. Plus also we have 33 miles to ride, the first 10 are fine, its only after a while that it starts really hurting.

ogden
14-01-09, 05:18 PM
Feet were fine! What gloves have you got Ogden? It was just mega cold. Plus also we have 33 miles to ride, the first 10 are fine, its only after a while that it starts really hurting.

Heinz Gherkin Pathans (five-finger, not the lobsters)

Fingertips do get a bit nippy after an hour or so but were fine last night for the whole 32 miles.

Sosha
14-01-09, 05:48 PM
A mere 21miles for me....

Silk gloves rule.

That is all

walkaboutandy
14-01-09, 09:09 PM
I rode home from work at midnight last night and the thing that really annoys me when it gets to below 3 °C is the way my bike suffers sooooooooo badly from chuffing carb icing. You want to slowly roll on the throttle from a roundabout and nothing happens it just gets slower, then a little more throttle and still slower, then a little more throttle and suddenly all cylinders kick in and your away at max acceleration - not ideal when the conditions are slippery!! I use that fuel additive but when its as cold as it was last night it doesn't make any difference. I want fuel injection!

Warthog
15-01-09, 12:57 PM
My engine performed perfectly :-P

I might look into silk inner gloves... Where do you get them from?

ogden
15-01-09, 12:58 PM
Heinz Gherkin do them, if you can find any in stock. I used to have some, tried to buy some more the other day but no joy.

philbut
15-01-09, 02:06 PM
I rode home from work at midnight last night and the thing that really annoys me when it gets to below 3 °C is the way my bike suffers sooooooooo badly from chuffing carb icing. You want to slowly roll on the throttle from a roundabout and nothing happens it just gets slower, then a little more throttle and still slower, then a little more throttle and suddenly all cylinders kick in and your away at max acceleration - not ideal when the conditions are slippery!! I use that fuel additive but when its as cold as it was last night it doesn't make any difference. I want fuel injection!

Must be your bike mate, as I have no problems what so ever with carb icing and I don't use an additive. I cleaned out my coolant filter to the carbs last year and since then it's been fine - had some serious issues before as the lines were so blocked that no water could reach the carbs. Can't remember how the SV's carbs are heated, whether its electric or water cooled - I wonder if yours hasn't got them as its french? surely the frogs get the cold weather too?

DanAbnormal
15-01-09, 02:49 PM

You'll want a Honda then. Never had any carb icing issues on the Hairnet. :smt040

walkaboutandy
15-01-09, 10:34 PM
Yeah the sv is supposed to have electric carb heaters which are a bit rubbish anyway but as mine is bloody french its guaranteed not to have them at all. I might have a rummage and compare what i got with the piccies in the haynes manual.