PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

sandman
17-01-09, 04:30 PM
Now i appreciate i have a gsxr600 but i thought that maybe someone in the know on the org may have the answer.

This is the situation
Over the past few weeks the battery level has become worse and it does not hold a charge longer than a few days now (Yes i need an Optimate)
Got it out of the garage this afternoon and it started first time.
Rode down the road tand stopped and went back to start the bike and it would not start.
Slightly miffed i pushed it up a small hill and bump started it into to 1st gear.
all fine but then FI came up on the temp gauge. Started to ride to my local garage then the Temp warning light came on even though the temp was on 61c
Got down to the garage and he said it needs to be hooked up to the suzuki diagnostics. Turned it off and then restarted it all fine but no warnings or FI in the display.
Rode around for another few hours starting and stopping and no warnings or problems

Now i have ordered a new battery but do i need to book it in to suzuki?
anyone had any thing similar with the fuel injected SV's?
All help is welcome
Thanks

kwak zzr
17-01-09, 04:56 PM
my oil low pressure warning light stayed on the other day? turned the bike off then back on and it was gone? id say electrical gremlins espesh if its been standing over winter.

Stig
17-01-09, 09:17 PM
Now i appreciate i have a gsxr600 but i thought that maybe someone in the know on the org may have the answer.

This is the situation
Over the past few weeks the battery level has become worse and it does not hold a charge longer than a few days now (Yes i need an Optimate)
Got it out of the garage this afternoon and it started first time.
Rode down the road tand stopped and went back to start the bike and it would not start.
Slightly miffed i pushed it up a small hill and bump started it into to 1st gear.
all fine but then FI came up on the temp gauge. Started to ride to my local garage then the Temp warning light came on even though the temp was on 61c
Got down to the garage and he said it needs to be hooked up to the suzuki diagnostics. Turned it off and then restarted it all fine but no warnings or FI in the display.
Rode around for another few hours starting and stopping and no warnings or problems

Now i have ordered a new battery but do i need to book it in to suzuki?
anyone had any thing similar with the fuel injected SV's?
All help is welcome
Thanks

Complete stab in the dark here. I am guessing you have moisture build up in the connector blocks. After a health ride everything will have dried out by the heat of the engine. Weather we have had recently just oozes moisture build up.

sandman
18-01-09, 05:20 PM
Cheers for the advice
I have noticed water on the floor and on the rear tyre when i do go in the garage lately
I have taken it out for the last 2 days and have had no issues since the FI came up in the screen
Starts first time at the minute
Guess it needs more use
Is that a good reason to go out more?
Fingers crossed i have seen the last of the electronic gremlins

Stig
18-01-09, 08:27 PM
Cheers for the advice
I have noticed water on the floor and on the rear tyre when i do go in the garage lately
I have taken it out for the last 2 days and have had no issues since the FI came up in the screen
Starts first time at the minute
Guess it needs more use
Is that a good reason to go out more?
Fingers crossed i have seen the last of the electronic gremlins

At least when you looked down all you saw was water. I looked down and saw brake fluid AND fork oil. FFS.

I need a new bike. :(

Sosha
19-01-09, 11:06 AM
Disclaimer: I Know nothing...

Gsxr - I've had FI errors after starting it after stalling without waiting for it to sort out all it's lights/ clicks whirls etc...also after stalling then dumping it into second while still moving and bumping it.

Turn off & turn on normally it reset itself and was fine.... not sure that's what you did though.

Re Battery
1) Battery not getting charged (Bad connection or Faulty RegRec etc)
or
2) Battery has expired....

3) You aint using it enough to charge the battery...

Last battery I had that went would hold a charge for a week then 3 days/ 1 day/ few hours...

monkey
20-01-09, 01:43 AM
Battery state can do funny things. According to my SV I done 183mph for a few miles. Hope it's ok!