PDA

View Full Version : AR09 Cost and other stuff

Pages : [1] 2

Messie
19-01-09, 07:27 PM
Planning is going well and moving along apace.

I can now confirm the cost, which to me is an absolute bargain.

It will cost all people over the age of 18 £10 per night to camp and make use of the showers and other facilities at the campsite.

Children, and others under 18 (btw that's chronological age not mental age) go free! I understand that dogs are also free and welcome

£10 per person per night is not bad I think!

Food : Friday night is sort yourselves out night. The pub does food, and very good it is too, but will have trouble coping with so many at one time. I'm in the process of talking to local Fish n Chip and other takeaway places about what they can do for us. Watch this space.

Saturday night : we are planning a BBQ/hogroast thing but havn't finalised the details yet. As in previous years, you can opt in to this for a small cost to be decided nearer the time.

More details will be added as they happen.

:p:p:p:p

Messie
19-01-09, 07:38 PM
Ooooh forgot stuff

there's no cost to joining in the rideout so..

if you're staying elsewhere you don't need to pay, unless you use the showers.

No payment upfront required - cash on the week end will be suitable

Food payment is separate and in addition to the camping

the_lone_wolf
19-01-09, 07:46 PM
when did all this happen?

must've been on holiday

i spose as i've been a member for 2 years now i should put in an appearance...;)

chris8886
19-01-09, 09:28 PM
Children, and others under 18 (btw that's chronological age not mental age) go free! I understand that dogs are also free and welcome

ooooh, poor josh, looks like you'll have to pay now that you're soooooo old!! ;) lol

fizzwheel
19-01-09, 10:43 PM
Costs look great, nice one :cool:

missyburd
19-01-09, 11:33 PM
No food included? Plus fuel? Must just be me being northern :-(

ooooh, poor josh, looks like you'll have to pay now that you're soooooo old!! ;) lol
pmsl blesh his ickle cotton socks :-P

yorkie_chris
20-01-09, 01:49 AM
£10 pppn is mental for a field, what are we getting that is worth twice the price of most other campsites in the country?

Tara
20-01-09, 06:56 AM
£10 pppn is mental for a field, what are we getting that is worth twice the price of most other campsites in the country?

Toilets and showers
Nice one Messie :D

hovis
20-01-09, 09:28 AM
Toilets and showers
:D

they said that last year;)

wyrdness
20-01-09, 09:36 AM

The use of a pub :-D

Grinch
20-01-09, 09:49 AM
Toilets and showers
Nice one Messie :D

Yep... look at last years costs...

£7.00 per night for a single Man Tent
£10.00 per night for a Two Man Tent
£20.00 per night for a Four man tent

Plus 3 quid per additional person, I know we got it cheaper cus the showers never turned up. But considering the economic down turn if it all works out cheap then that to me is great.

hovis
20-01-09, 09:53 AM
The use of a pub :-D

you have to pay to use a pub?

:confused:

the_lone_wolf
20-01-09, 09:57 AM
you have to pay to use a pub?

:confused:

you do if you wanna sleep there...;)

Frank
20-01-09, 09:57 AM
lets not start all the arguing again.
some one goes out of their way and gets hassel for it

Messie
20-01-09, 10:21 AM
£10 pp pn is excellent value. Have you looked at the prices of other campsites? Where else are you going to get an excellent week end of fun for £20 (OK food and petrol on top)

We will get use of the showers, electicity, water and a landlord happy to have 100 odd bikers on his land!

There will be other stuff provided too but you'll have to wait and see about that ;)

The rideout costs you no more than your own petrol. If you don't want to camp you don't have to. If you want to stay somewhere else, more or less expensive, you can.

Up to you really

missyburd
20-01-09, 10:30 AM
lets not start all the arguing again.
some one goes out of their way and gets hassel for it
Noones arguing Gid. Clearly Messie has gone out of her way to search this out ;)

hovis
20-01-09, 10:36 AM
what you fail to understand is the yorkies are from halifax............ you can get a week in a caravan for £10 up there, go out every night to the cinima, fish supper and still have change.

£2000 for use of a field does seem a tad expensive, and how many showers are there? enough to cope with 100 bikers?

missyburd
20-01-09, 10:42 AM
what you fail to understand is the yorkies are from halifax............ you can get a week in a caravan for £10 up there, go out every night to the cinima, fish supper and still have change.

Lol very true :-D

I know the standard of living is a tad cheaper up north so we're probably just not used to it, what seems a tad over expensive to us no doubt seems a right bargain for those of you in the area. Not your fault clearly, maybe it's just us being stingy students but on top of the fuel to get down there and extra for bits and bats it all adds up. NOT that I'd suggest you'd change arrangements, tis just my tuppenceworth. Please don't think we're giving you hassle, tis just how we feel :)

SoulKiss
20-01-09, 10:43 AM

£2000 for use of a field does seem a tad expensive, and how many showers are there? enough to cope with 100 bikers?

Considering that many wont bother with the showers....

From memory there were only about half a dozen shower stalls at AR07 and there were no problems - even with many other non-.org people staying there too.

All in all the costs are reasonable, and I'm looking forwards to it.

Jester666
20-01-09, 11:21 AM
£10 pppn is a bargain. Considering what we get for that and the fact that it is a chance for us all to gather together.

It's also some time until the money has to be handed over :rolleyes:, I think even I can save £20 plus some for food and fuel between now and then!

As Gid said (I know it's odd to agree with him but he said summat sensible! :lol:) don't let this descend into another AR argument/bitching session.

Messie and whoever else is involved have gone out of their way to get this sorted. Let's not have a repeat of last years plans. ie A fully organised event that ended up being totally changed. Although it did end up being excellent.

Frank
20-01-09, 11:24 AM
As Gid said (I know it's odd to agree with him but he said summat sensible! :lol:) don't let this descend into another AR argument/bitching session.

I do think sensible
just dont type it

I for one ,am glad that some one has got off their a** to arrange all this
:cheers:

the_lone_wolf
20-01-09, 11:36 AM
How about "AR09 rule #1"

"You may not complain about the camping costs unless you turn up on a bike worth less than said costs"

i think YC is the only one likely to meet the requirements;):p

hovis
20-01-09, 11:44 AM
if there is ........only, say 4 showers for 100 bikers

that still 4 more than last year:p

and the toilets are forced to be errrrrr nicer than last year;)

(not that im complaining about last year)

last years origanal plan (which would have been awsome)was scrapped because the organisers were pi$$ed off with peeps complaining.......... lets not let that happen this year

(although 2 grand for the use of a field? why thats crazy talk;) )

Quiff Wichard
20-01-09, 11:47 AM
Dogs are free..??

I may bring a pillion

missyburd
20-01-09, 11:48 AM
#zip#

:-D Carry on!

hovis
20-01-09, 11:53 AM
Children, and others under 18 (btw that's chronological age not mental age) go free!is there any riders on here under 18?

[QUOTE=Messie;1751931]

There will be other stuff provided too but you'll have to wait and see about that ;)

QUOTE] the old "james bond" need to know basis..........

fizzwheel
20-01-09, 12:00 PM
Hovis, will you knock it off with the whinging. I'm getting tired of it.

Its not need to know, its probably because sally herself hasnt finalised the arrangements, theres no point saying "I'm going to do x,y,z" to then find out later on that you can't do what you originally promised and then have to change things.

General comment from me : If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation, then STFU and dont spoil things for everybody else. Its the little catty comments that did for ASR08 MKI last year and I'd hate to see AR09 degenerate into chaos like AR08 MKI did.

Viney
20-01-09, 12:03 PM
Thats a very good price Messie, well done that girl :beer:

hovis
20-01-09, 12:03 PM
Hovis, will you knock it off with the whinging. I'm getting tired of it.

Its not need to know, its probably because sally herself hasnt finalised the arrangements, theres no point saying "I'm going to do x,y,z" to then find out later on that you can't do what you originally promised and then have to change things.

General comment from me : If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation, then STFU and dont spoil things for everybody else. Its the little catty comments that did for ASR08 MKI last year and I'd hate to see AR09 degenerate into chaos like AR08 MKI did.

eh?

i though i was sticking up for messie and the AR?

oh, well nevermind, i wont bother post in here again

missyburd
20-01-09, 12:05 PM
What's MKI Fizz?

yorkie_chris
20-01-09, 12:05 PM
The AR last year that was supposed to be going on at vipers farm and didn't.

missyburd
20-01-09, 12:07 PM
Yeah anno that, just didn't get what the letters stood for!

yorkie_chris
20-01-09, 12:07 PM
Mark 1

Frank
20-01-09, 12:09 PM
What's MKI Fizz?

Yeah anno that, just didn't get what the letters stood for!
students.ahhhhhhh bless

missyburd
20-01-09, 12:16 PM
students.ahhhhhhh bless
quiet grandad :p

madness
20-01-09, 12:36 PM
I've heard that there's a very nice bus shelter just down the road for all you tight wads. Smells a bit of p*ss though! ;)

Seriously though, I think that £10 a night isn't that expensive really if the field is fit for camping and showers are included. The fact that someone has spent the time and effort to sort all this out is the important thing.

Thank you Messie.

_Stretchie_
20-01-09, 02:15 PM
Cheers messie, you're a dudette.

Can we ring now to book up??

We've been thinking of possibly coming up on the Thursday night to get settled

Messie
20-01-09, 02:39 PM
Cheers messie, you're a dudette.

Can we ring now to book up??

We've been thinking of possibly coming up on the Thursday night to get settled

NO no no no

Don't ring the venue itself please!

The Landlord specifically asked if he was dealing with one person because he'd had experience of this type of thing where each person rang up to book on their own, and he hated it!

Nearer the time I'll ask for a list of people who want to stay the Thursday before or even the Sunday after. I know it won't be a problem, but I'll deal with it separately if you don't mind.

Basically the .org has the field and we will take it from there.

If people are staying somewhere other than the field they will need to book for thenselves

_Stretchie_
20-01-09, 03:14 PM
I'll take that as a no then

; )

Will look forward to your question nearer the time

ArtyLady
20-01-09, 03:21 PM
If people are staying somewhere other than the field they will need to book for thenselves

Better book my bed at home then! ;) :lol:

madness
20-01-09, 03:32 PM
Better book my bed at home then! ;) :lol:

You live that close?

How big is your lawn?

Does your shower work?

stewie
20-01-09, 03:46 PM
Does the pub have any accom ?

Stig
20-01-09, 03:47 PM
I don't give a toss what anyone else has to say regarding the costs.

It's a bargain. If you think it's too expensive don't f**k*ng come. And don't whine about it on this thread or anywhere else on the site. It serves no purpose doing so apart from causing disruption. The costs are not going to change regardless of what anyone says.

Well done Sal.

Supervox
20-01-09, 04:27 PM
I don't give a toss what anyone else has to say regarding the costs.

It's a bargain. If you think it's too expensive don't f**k*ng come. And don't whine about it on this thread or anywhere else on the site. It serves no purpose doing so apart from causing disruption. The costs are not going to change regardless of what anyone says.

Well done Sal.

Simon, I feel that the time has come for you to get down off that fence & learn to say what you really think :p

But anyway, +1 from me !!

ArtyLady
20-01-09, 04:54 PM
You live that close?

How big is your lawn?

Does your shower work?

Yes :mrgreen:

Dont have one - paved over for the bikes :cool:

Yes thanks - does yours? ;) :mrgreen:

ArtyLady
20-01-09, 04:56 PM
[...]

It's a bargain. [....]

Well done Sal.

+2 Good work Messie :cheers:

SoulKiss
20-01-09, 04:56 PM
Simon, I feel that the time has come for you to get down off that fence & learn to say what you really think :p

But anyway, +1 from me !!

And a +1 from me too :)

arcdef
20-01-09, 05:15 PM
sounds great, was expecting abit more so this is brilliant and i get to be clean :D getting excited about the weekend already!

startrek.steve
20-01-09, 05:16 PM
NO no no no

Don't ring the venue itself please!

The Landlord specifically asked if he was dealing with one person because he'd had experience of this type of thing where each person rang up to book on their own, and he hated it!

Nearer the time I'll ask for a list of people who want to stay the Thursday before or even the Sunday after. I know it won't be a problem, but I'll deal with it separately if you don't mind.

Basically the .org has the field and we will take it from there.

How much to stay overnight in the pub messie?

Steve

Messie
20-01-09, 05:59 PM
The pub has no inside accomodation. It does not do B & B.

There is a small motel within about 2 miles of the pub. PM me for details if you want to book it, although I've had many enquiries so may be getting full.

As soon as I get time I'll find out more about other local B & B's.

HTH :D

Sally
20-01-09, 09:56 PM
is there any riders on here under 18?

Me! :)

Although, Essex is a f*cking long way down....

yorkie_chris
21-01-09, 12:28 AM
A few of you jocks went down to somerset last year, it can be done :-P

Magnum
21-01-09, 03:05 PM
is there any riders on here under 18?

Yes, me too. However i will be happy to pay the £10 at least for use of the pub.

A question on food since i havn't been before. What does everyone eat since they don't serve breakfast? I assume they have lunch and dinner in the pub though?

missyburd
21-01-09, 03:18 PM
A question on food since i havn't been before. What does everyone eat since they don't serve breakfast? I assume they have lunch and dinner in the pub though?

Bring a bit with you perhaps? ;-) Will you be riding by then then?

Messie
21-01-09, 05:04 PM
See my earlier post about friday and saturday night eating.

Saturday we'll stop to eat somewhere on the ride.

I'm working on breakfasts .... patience!

Lissa
21-01-09, 05:51 PM
B&B's

http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk/uploads/estate/hotels/hotels31965.htm

http://www.newmoorfarm.com/BOC/service.asp?ccd=new_moor_farm_bandb

http://www.mangappmanor.co.uk/index.html

http://www.therailwayhotelburnham.co.uk/sb/show.do?p=additional&n=0&id=SB0001802106000010

http://www.tiscover.co.uk/gb/guide/5gb,en,SCH1/objectId,ACC15533gb,season,at1/home.html

Few more with no websites.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/Lissasv650/BBAR.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/Lissasv650/HotelsAR.jpg

stewie
21-01-09, 06:00 PM
Good one Lissa, does anyone local know what the staggering distances these are from the campsite please ?

Messie
21-01-09, 06:01 PM
Hey thanks for that Lissa! Was going to get round to it, promise!!

Have you checked if they're biker friendly? Although I suppose it's just a question you ask when you book. That's what I've done in the past!!

Lissa
21-01-09, 06:02 PM
Good one Lissa, does anyone local know what the staggering distances these are from the campsite please ?

Most are around 3-5 miles. There are none I could find in Althorne itself:(

Lissa
21-01-09, 06:03 PM
Hey thanks for that Lissa! Was going to get round to it, promise!!

Have you checked if they're biker friendly? Although I suppose it's just a question you ask when you book. That's what I've done in the past!!

I have too much free time:rolleyes:

Not checked biker friendliness, no.

Magnum
21-01-09, 06:16 PM
Bring a bit with you perhaps? ;-) Will you be riding by then then?

Stuff like sandwhiches?

Yeah i will be riding before the end of February. :-D

Edit read other posts

Messie
21-01-09, 06:59 PM
Althorn is pretty much in the middle of nowhere!

Has it's plus points and down sides

xx

Airwolf
21-01-09, 08:34 PM
can someone please let me know what i would need to take, as this will be my first ride out.
i seen the pics i the bike loaded up, eveything including the kitchen sink!!!

got the tent, sleeeping bag, i know cloths, but what else?

i hope to get there on fri, if i can. so nice and fresh for saturday ride.

cheers

the_lone_wolf
21-01-09, 08:53 PM

bike, that's about it, no need to over think it...

MR UKI (1)
21-01-09, 09:27 PM
I personally thought £10 per night was the going rate for most campsites, so certainly no complaints from here. Big thanks to the organisers for their hard work thus far, it is much appreciated :)

phil24_7
21-01-09, 10:14 PM
can someone please let me know what i would need to take, as this will be my first ride out.
i seen the pics i the bike loaded up, eveything including the kitchen sink!!!

i hope to get there on fri, if i can. so nice and fresh for saturday ride.

cheers

This may give you some pointers: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92961

Regards

Airwolf
22-01-09, 04:26 PM
thanks phil, that gives me a few ideals of whats required,
so why are the pics of the bikes from the AR so loaded with gear.

Frank
22-01-09, 04:34 PM
thanks phil, that gives me a few ideals of whats required,
so why are the pics of the bikes from the AR so loaded with gear.
Packed by women??????????????

Airwolf
22-01-09, 04:42 PM
that explains why you are in the dog house.

stewie
22-01-09, 04:48 PM
Most are around 3-5 miles. There are none I could find in Althorne itself:(
May have to give it a miss then :( although I have stuck meself down as a camper, I willl of course square the organisers up for any dosh I owe you.

Messie
22-01-09, 05:05 PM
You don't owe us anything. No polls or posts have been contractual or binding. We're only using them to guestimate numbers for planning.

PM as well tho

stewie
22-01-09, 05:19 PM
You don't owe us anything. No polls or posts have been contractual or binding. We're only using them to guestimate numbers for planning.

PM as well tho
Yep got it and replied too, just dont want anyone out of pocket on my account etc, thanks tho :D

Stig
22-01-09, 05:22 PM
Yep got it and replied too, just dont want anyone out of pocket on my account etc, thanks tho :D

Well if you insist on paying out. That'll £50 in cash please.

Viper
22-01-09, 09:29 PM
You are doing a cracking job messie and the others.
Its a tough thing to do and you can never please all of this lot all of the time.
Keep up the good work and thank you for what you are doing.

Simon - should have asked for £100 from stewie - He is loaded ;)

stewie
22-01-09, 09:34 PM
You are doing a cracking job messie and the others.
Its a tough thing to do and you can never please all of this lot all of the time.
Keep up the good work and thank you for what you are doing.

Simon - should have asked for £100 from stewie - He is loaded ;)
I am you know, loaded I mean, well since me lottery win I have been, its amazing how far £10 will go you know :-D

caz650s
27-01-09, 08:32 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Messie ... lets all keep this positive :)

I may be a bit sad but I really look forward to the ARs'

Thanks again Messie & any of your helpers ?

phil24_7
27-01-09, 08:49 PM
You coming to this years?

on yer bike
29-01-09, 11:32 AM
How about "AR09 rule #1"

"You may not complain about the camping costs unless you turn up on a bike worth less than said costs"

I feel a challenge coming on... heads off to fleebay! ;)

yorkie_chris
29-01-09, 11:38 AM
Hang on, I've just bought a GSXR for less than what the camping costs will be for MYC and myself. Does that mean we camp for free? :-D

Stig
29-01-09, 01:05 PM
Hang on, I've just bought a GSXR for less than what the camping costs will be for MYC and myself. Does that mean we camp for free? :-D

NO!

Next...

missyburd
29-01-09, 01:13 PM
NO!

Dammit! :mrgreen:

Quiff Wichard
29-01-09, 01:25 PM
cheers all organisers yet again so that the majority of us can just roll up, get drunk have a great weekend and bugger off without even walking the camp and tidyin up the rubbish... ..

SoulKiss
29-01-09, 01:49 PM
cheers all organisers yet again so that the majority of us can just roll up, get drunk have a great weekend and bugger off without even walking the camp and tidyin up the rubbish... ..

Thats a VERY good point you make there Quiff.

At the end of the event, can we please have volunteers to do just what Quiff suggested.

Only takes a couple of minutes and makes all the difference to the site.

And before anyone says anything - we SHOULDN'T consider that as part of the £10pn charge.

Stig
29-01-09, 02:24 PM
Thats a VERY good point you make there Quiff.

At the end of the event, can we please have volunteers to do just what Quiff suggested.

Only takes a couple of minutes and makes all the difference to the site.

And before anyone says anything - we SHOULDN'T consider that as part of the £10pn charge.

There are always people who help clear up at the end. I don't think it will be a requirement to actually have volunteers. They will select themselves at the time. Last year there enough people around mucking in and clearing the site. :wink:

Messie
29-01-09, 02:34 PM
Hey don't knock the idea Si - I like it!

A bunch of proper volunteers for clearing up duties would be VERY welcome :)

the_lone_wolf
29-01-09, 03:25 PM

no, it means you're allowed to complain about the costs, but as you're from opp north i suspect you were going to anyway;):p

phil24_7
29-01-09, 06:34 PM

Bet it's a right shed??

yorkie_chris
29-01-09, 06:47 PM
no, it means you're allowed to complain about the costs, but as you're from opp north i suspect you were going to anyway;):p

Already have done my complaining. If I cannot afford it at the time then that will be that. We shall see.

tigersaw
31-01-09, 12:27 PM
Any rules on the size of the tent allowed?

Messie
31-01-09, 01:31 PM
No, no restriction on the size of tents, nor any sliding scale of costs for different size tents.

tigersaw
31-01-09, 01:32 PM
No, no restriction on the size of tents, nor any sliding scale of costs for different size tents.

its a bit big... we call it the mansion:cool:

fizzwheel
31-01-09, 01:33 PM

thats good to know, we're planning on bringing a 9 x 9 army tent for us to kip in, if our plan works out.

Messie
31-01-09, 01:34 PM
Cool. We'll all pile in there if it rains, which it won't ;)

fizzwheel
31-01-09, 01:37 PM
We'll put you on the VIP list Messie :cool:

Messie
31-01-09, 01:46 PM
Cor fanx :cheers:

phil24_7
31-01-09, 06:01 PM
I'll be kipping in the van (probably) will this be a problem?

Regards

Baph
31-01-09, 06:25 PM
I'll be kipping in the van (probably) will this be a problem?

Only when you try & get out of it to find that we've, erm, I mean they've gaffa taped you in. :D

phil24_7
31-01-09, 07:28 PM
Tis a rust bucket so I shall just kick a new "door" in it!

Messie
31-01-09, 08:28 PM
I don't think a van will be a problem but I will check just to be sure, so no guarantees just yet.

chompy
02-02-09, 09:08 PM
Harden up and camp Lol, the rest of us are doing it.