PDA

View Full Version : New home wanted

Mark_h
20-01-09, 11:22 AM
Dear TVSF management,

May I present myself. I am Mark. 40, fat, balding, married two kids.
Biking history 125 Varadero -> SV650 -> SV1000
Mostly riding for fun including being an IAM observer which I enjoy a lot.

I am seeking a free transfer from GM to TVSF. I have typically posted on both forums but felt my natural home was with GM however over time I feel our paths have drifted and it's time for me to realign with a more fitting group.

I have been involved in some heated debates in TVSF in the past so will obviously not agree with everyone and doubtless irritate some but that's all part of forum life.

Unlikely to make the Shire horse meets very often as I'm in Fleet and Maidenhead is a bit of an ar5e to get to however in the summer I may be able to get along especially if it involves a ride-out that heads southish.

So please consider this as my application to be considered a TVSF member.

I have attached a poll to facilitate the voting.

Thanks,
Mark aka Mark_h

Tara
20-01-09, 11:27 AM
they still talk rubbish in their mega thread

FG1
20-01-09, 11:28 AM
When you said you were looking for a home I was going to suggest Jon as he lets anybody live with him......:rolleyes:

We will welcome you with open arms, that way our hands stay away from our pockets so it must be your round............;)

FG1
20-01-09, 11:29 AM
Tara, thats not very nice now is it. No wonder the poor fella is on the lookout for a new family.......

Sosha
20-01-09, 01:37 PM
I have been involved in some heated debates in TVSF in the past....

Is this the right room for an argument?

:cool:

injury_ian
20-01-09, 01:39 PM
Turncoat

Mark_h
20-01-09, 02:16 PM
Turncoat
Looking at the general regional postings, I feel I have more in common with this lot.

As for Turncoat, that suggests GM and TVSF are in competition. Surely not. Merely two mutually supportive collectives with slightly differing focus. TVSF = bikes and general blokey chat (Bit like Dave on freeview) . GM more recently a little less focussed (bit more like loose women). Not wishing to be disrespectiful to anyone in either camp (or infer girlyness to the manly folk of GM) but that's how it looks to me.

Is this the right room for an argument?

:cool:

I certainly hope so from time to time but not all the time.

Streethawk
What would be the nature and format of the interview process. Unfortuantely my beer buying will be seriously curtailed as getting to Maidenhead is just too damn hard for me. I service my own bike, own a torque wrench and 36mm socket, have some old engine oil in the garage and on more than one occasion have had a non-starting bike due to my own ineptitude so hopefully score well on biker points.

Fat_Brstd
Thanks.

ogden
20-01-09, 02:36 PM
Competition? As if.

The two groups are best summarised as follows:

TVSF

A loose collective of individuals who regularly meet up at the pub to chew the cud and go for spirited rides during the warmer months

GM

A loose collective of mimes who, when the stars are aligned just so, drive to one or more pubs, not necessarily the same one and sit in awkward silence for an hour or so before driving home.

There is clearly only one winner. Massive? I've seen bigger atoms.

injury_ian
20-01-09, 03:05 PM
I like to think of myself in both camps.

I live but 200m from the river thames (thames valley)

I also feel my spiritual home is more surrey than berkshire. (Guilford)

So I'll just sit on the fence for now :D

Sosha
20-01-09, 03:10 PM
and sit in awkward silence for an hour...

Be a blessing sometimes....

kat_s1
20-01-09, 03:44 PM
i think a full interogation is needed and also 10 reasons on how the tvsf is the awesomest of all the regions ;).

kat_s1

FG1
20-01-09, 04:05 PM
Well it's not due to our spelling talent.........bl00dy students..

pookie
20-01-09, 04:14 PM
you own a sv1000..fine by me

kat_s1
20-01-09, 04:21 PM
Well it's not due to our spelling talent.........bl00dy students..

ok my bad its

INTERROGATION

happy? :rolleyes:

Sosha
20-01-09, 04:32 PM
ok my bad its

INTERROGATION

happy? :rolleyes:

No.

It's.

Blo0dy students.

falc
20-01-09, 05:55 PM
May I present myself. I am Mark. 40, fat, balding, married two kids.

Changing sections won't make this acceptable Mark ;)

Only joking Mark, I think your spelling and grammar will fit in fine ;)

I am seeking a free transfer from GM to TVSF. I have typically posted on both forums but felt my natural home was with GM however over time I feel our paths have drifted and it's time for me to realign with a more fitting group.

You can use both sections Mark, its only a forum... indeed all the sections are open...apart from the super secret sections that require secret squirrel membership :cool:

Messie
20-01-09, 06:09 PM
you own a sv1000..fine by me

Oi, you're in Essex. Get outta the other regions!!!! get back to Essex

We're AR09 hosts dontcha know!

Stig
21-01-09, 10:36 AM
LMAO at this thread. :lol: :lol:

Fill yer boots Mark. I ain't saying nothing else. :lol:

Warthog
21-01-09, 02:02 PM
LMAO at this thread. :lol:

Haha me too, I'm loving some of the comments!

Mark, so long as you are thick-skinned you are welcome to any of our meets and rides! Me and Phil come from Oxford and Andy sometimes comes from Brackley so we are all further away from Maidenhead than you! No excuse to not come to the meets.

FG1
21-01-09, 02:56 PM
Thick skinned, I thought I just had to be thick.......:rolleyes:

Mark_h
21-01-09, 04:25 PM
Cheers folks.

11 votes, 8 yes and 3 requiring some sort of masonic induction process or perhaps just wanting to make sure I'm not just going to be a double agent for GM.

So thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Kat, Ogden and StreetHawk I look forward to any future test you feel the need to apply. I feel Ogden and I may well have some differing views in some areas so doubtless I'll get some of his questions wrong but should make for some interesting threads.

I'll try to make the effort to get over for a shandy or two although more likely to meet folks on summer evening rides that head out this wayish.

Any of you lot get to Alton on a Wednesday in the summer?

Oh and my wife's a teacher so basic grammer lessons for any needy students could be arranged to/too/two as well :)

cheers,
Mark

dirtydog
21-01-09, 04:32 PM
Oh I seem to have stumbled into a GM bashing thread!!!

kitkat
21-01-09, 04:51 PM
more like loose women

Oi who you calling loose :smt019

Stig
21-01-09, 05:29 PM
Cheers folks.

11 votes, 8 yes and 3 requiring some sort of masonic induction process or perhaps just wanting to make sure I'm not just going to be a double agent for GM.

So thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Kat, Ogden and StreetHawk I look forward to any future test you feel the need to apply. I feel Ogden and I may well have some differing views in some areas so doubtless I'll get some of his questions wrong but should make for some interesting threads.

I'll try to make the effort to get over for a shandy or two although more likely to meet folks on summer evening rides that head out this wayish.

Any of you lot get to Alton on a Wednesday in the summer?

Oh and my wife's a teacher so basic grammer lessons for any needy students could be arranged to/too/two as well :)

cheers,
Mark

Ogden is a remote member of the TVSF anyway.

ogden
21-01-09, 05:40 PM
I feel Ogden and I may well have some differing views in some areas so doubtless I'll get some of his questions wrong but should make for some interesting threads.

There is only one question: do you accept me as your king?

Answer wrong and I'll smite you.

ogden
21-01-09, 05:41 PM
Ogden is a remote member of the TVSF anyway.

I prefer the term "government in exile".

kat_s1
21-01-09, 07:52 PM
Cheers folks.

I demand a recount! It was rigged, I tell you, rigged! ;)

Mark_h
21-01-09, 08:01 PM
OK. I've done a recount and I was wrong.

12 responses, 9 Yes, 3 depends.

Furthermore; may I commend you on what I believe could be a grammatically perfect post this time. I will of course wait for FG1 to confirm.

Stig
21-01-09, 08:12 PM
I demand a recount! It was rigged, I tell you, rigged! ;)

Really? Is that possible? Surely not? :confused:

Mark_h
21-01-09, 08:34 PM
Looks like the block vote from the trade unions has arrived. That fixes it. I'm in.

Cheers BigApe nice to see democracy in action.

Mark_h
21-01-09, 09:44 PM
There is only one question: do you accept me as your king?

Answer wrong and I'll smite you.

Respect is earned, not demanded. Time will tell. I'll take a light smiting now if it makes you feel better.

Warthog
21-01-09, 09:45 PM
Looks like the block vote from the trade unions has arrived. That fixes it. I'm in.

Cheers BigApe nice to see democracy in action.

Extremely nice of him, especially if you think how long it takes him to click 1 million times :lol:

Warthog
21-01-09, 09:45 PM
Oh I seem to have stumbled into a GM bashing thread!!!

Guards, guards!!

Warthog
21-01-09, 09:46 PM
Thick skinned, I thought I just had to be thick.......:rolleyes:

No, that's the northern monkey club, of which you appear to be a fully-fledged member :)

StreetHawk
21-01-09, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the fold!

Yes, I know i'm only a fringe member of the TVSF at the mo but I was there at the start!

Not having a bike is getting to me now so i'm looking at ways of funding another and getting back into it..

Anyway, i'm sure you'll fit in Mark. The TVSF are generally a nice bunch ;-)

KnightRider
21-01-09, 10:49 PM
Feel free to accept Ogden as your king. Be warned though his induction will involve you, a funnel, a whole lot of eels and a video camera.

kat_s1
21-01-09, 10:50 PM
*looks up at new poll*

what? no fair. :smt019

well im out numbered big time, and the odds are in your favour... so...

...welcome to the tvsf, :smt006

kat_s1

walkaboutandy
22-01-09, 01:02 PM
How do!

I am a non thames valley dweller but like to dwell in the thames valley section. Well... more of a lurker. So welcome to the TVSF!

philbut
22-01-09, 02:16 PM
How do!

I am a non thames valley dweller but like to dwell in the thames valley section. Well... more of a lurker. So welcome to the TVSF!

You have to watch these Northern folk mark. Sometimes they even turn up in BMW's of all things ;-)

tonyk
22-01-09, 04:06 PM
Hi mark and welcome to the tvsf………..:takeabow:
You’re a member of iam ……………Ha ha ha ha ha ha …………
you have not been on a ride with us…
The wild bunch / mad bunch sort of sums us up …………..
130 err 70 mph or the legal road speeds on the straights and 5 mph on the bends…..
hey we could learn so much from you………..
I think our riding styles will keep you amused for quite a long while …
As to your application to join us, you got my vote…:cheers:

ogden
22-01-09, 04:12 PM
you have not been on a ride with us…
The wild bunch / mad bunch sort of sums us up …………..
130 err 70 mph or the legal road speeds on the straights and 5 mph on the bends…..

Heh. Speak for yourself!

I wish I could go as fast as 5mph in the bends.

Warthog
22-01-09, 05:16 PM
Jon your avatar is hilarious!! :lol:

Warthog
22-01-09, 05:18 PM
In fact, we should have a mandatory avator enforcement for people without bikes of:

http://www.drdriving.org/images/pedestrian.jpg

Sosha
22-01-09, 08:34 PM
of?

Stig
22-01-09, 08:58 PM
All I see is the white box with the red x in it.

StreetHawk
23-01-09, 12:46 PM
<<<<<<<

I'm working on it!! :p

walkaboutandy
23-01-09, 12:54 PM
You have to watch these Northern folk mark. Sometimes they even turn up in BMW's of all things ;-)
Going sideways on the ice in the car is much more fun then lowsiding onto my face on my bike!

philbut
23-01-09, 02:28 PM
Going sideways on the ice in the car is much more fun then lowsiding onto my face on my bike!

Far less manly though

*I do like getting lifts in said BMW when it is cold though :p *

Mark_h
23-01-09, 03:42 PM
I think FG1's sig sums it up nicely....

"The superior rider uses his superior judgement to avoid situations which might test his superior skills."

In the ice my judgement says "you've got a warm car with ABS, traction control and about a ton of Bavarian tin around you, leave the bike exactly where it is." I tend to listen to it. Better to be considered a girly wimp than limp for the rest of your life.

Warthog
23-01-09, 03:53 PM
In fact, we should have a mandatory avator enforcement for people without bikes of:

http://www.drdriving.org/images/pedestrian.jpg
Worked before, here it is again

ogden
23-01-09, 03:59 PM
More like...

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/18563/personnesagees-L.jpg

ogden
27-01-09, 11:46 AM
Submit yourself to inspection at the Shire Horse this evening, 8pm sharp.

Warthog
27-01-09, 03:05 PM
Hear hear!

Mark_h
27-01-09, 03:20 PM
OK. I'll hide in the pub. First one to come over to me and say "I hereby recognise you as that bloke from Fleet and claim my pint" will get a free beer.

However I'm pretty unlikey to actually be there so if nothing else it'll give some of you a laugh watching complete strangers being annoyed.

Cheers,
Mark

ogden
27-01-09, 03:25 PM
Just be careful you're not mistaken for one of the bandit owners.

I'm not sure the real ones are even out of hibernation at this time of year.

Stig
27-01-09, 03:43 PM
Just be careful you're not mistaken for one of the bandit owners.

I'm not sure the real ones are even out of hibernation at this time of year.

Not a chance. They do not normally make an appearance until at least March.

Warthog
27-01-09, 04:28 PM
It's a poor start to potential TVSF membership, I don't like his prospects :p