PDA

View Full Version : EA game download

pencil shavings
20-01-09, 01:37 PM
Just looking to buy spore on EA as a digital download, and there is a 6 month thingy. Is that unlimited downloads of the game for 6 months? or after 6 months you cant use the game anymore?

They give you the option to upgrade this to two years.

http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayWhatIsEDSPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_GB&SiteID=eaemea&ThemeID=850300

thanks for any help!

oh decided to go this route as buying off ebay is about £20 anyway, so might aswell get the free add on included for £27

the_lone_wolf
20-01-09, 01:38 PM
you don't buy EA games any more, you simply rent them until the DRM limits are up and they stop working...;)

DanAbnormal
20-01-09, 01:43 PM
you don't buy EA games any more, you simply rent them until the DRM limits are up and they stop working...;)

Scary thing is......that ain't far from the truth......

I would say that your download links are valid for 6 months but I could be wrong.

pencil shavings
20-01-09, 01:55 PM
yep, 6 months but you can extend it for £3 to 2 years.

dont think i will be doing that then!! might aswell get it from the shop for use for all time!!

Mr Speirs
20-01-09, 02:37 PM
Whaaaaaat? You can only rent EA games??? What the hell are they thinking?

the_lone_wolf
20-01-09, 02:41 PM
Whaaaaaat? You can only rent EA games??? What the hell are they thinking?

It was a joke, referencing the horrific DRM on the spore game which allows you to install it only three times before it blocks you and you have to phone EA to get permission to play the game you paid for with your own money...

Let me google that for you... (http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=ea+spore+drm)

Mr Speirs
20-01-09, 02:43 PM
I have no idea what just happened!!!

pencil shavings
20-01-09, 04:18 PM
from reading that link im still not sure, can you play the game for unlimmited time but only install it a limmited amount of times??

the_lone_wolf
20-01-09, 04:22 PM
from reading that link im still not sure, can you play the game for unlimmited time but only install it a limmited amount of times??

it's an installation limit, not a play time limit

jamesterror
20-01-09, 04:22 PM
Thats why Steam is better

SoulKiss
20-01-09, 04:24 PM

Only in the way that a closed sewer is better than an open one........

the_lone_wolf
20-01-09, 04:29 PM
i have a paid for copy of Half Life 2 on my shelf, and yet when i reinstalled it to play recently i downloaded a pirated copy because i didn't want that heap of annoying junk running in the background, forcing updates on me and wanting to phone home just to make sure i'm not a criminal...*

*yes, know you can disable some of these things, but i do want to update my games, just not when i want to play the damn game...