Wideboy
30-01-09, 09:10 PM
just you lol

tigersaw
31-01-09, 12:17 PM
And me. maybe.

Balky001
01-02-09, 07:28 PM
As it's in my back yard, well, Essex, I want to come on the rideout. Is that a yes or no though as I wont be camping etc?

Thingus
07-02-09, 02:56 PM
I dunno i might... dunno if i'm late on saying or not. Might be in Canada though.

Lucas
23-02-09, 01:04 PM
Should be there :D

kwak zzr
23-02-09, 01:41 PM
too much of a treck for me just to get to the venue, its easyer for me to spend the day in wales.

Sally
23-02-09, 01:43 PM
Too much of a trek?
How many hours riding time? haha

kwak zzr
23-02-09, 03:07 PM
Too much of a trek?

too much for me.

Jdubya
23-02-09, 08:54 PM
Possibly not as other arrangements have been made...

Sally
24-02-09, 12:05 AM
too much for me.

Awww :(

Girth
24-02-09, 08:47 PM
too much for me.

pussy!

I'm going. :smt036

kwak zzr
24-02-09, 08:50 PM
i am a pussy.

Girth
24-02-09, 08:52 PM
i am a pussy.

The first part of theropy is admitting it, your doing well!

kwak zzr
24-02-09, 09:19 PM
i am a pussy

maviczap
24-02-09, 09:29 PM
I'm meant to be working, but it's in the school holidays, so I will take some time off.

Its not too far for me to ride there and back home, just to say Hi

Stig
25-02-09, 01:00 PM
Is this thread and poll a bit too far away to the event to be of any real use?

I voted anyway but can't see it is going to give a true reflection of numbers on the actual day.

Thingus
26-02-09, 05:20 PM
17 replies, most of them from 3 people, ain't really a reflection of the true amount of attendees :p but it's all banter.

the_lone_wolf
26-02-09, 05:27 PM
Is this thread and poll a bit too far away to the event to be of any real use?

i wasn't planning on booking a table for lunch:p

there's a few members i'd like to meet, and i was wondering who would be there is all

Alpinestarhero
27-02-09, 12:56 PM
im gonna be there, and amria will be there. we will probably stay in a B&B. any details of ones close by?

Baph
27-02-09, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty much certain I'll be there. But you never know what's around the corner...

glade
01-03-09, 08:15 PM
How many people usually attend.

For the last two years i've said i will... but then haven't :(

fizzwheel
01-03-09, 08:25 PM
How many people usually attend.(

I think we had 75 ish bikes on the rideout, some had pillions, some did not. Some people attended but didnt ride on the rideout.

I reckon it has to be around the 100 mark.

Its worth making the effort, they are always cracking weekends.

Dave20046
01-03-09, 08:39 PM
Too much of a trek?
lol I was going to say the same until I saw your location.
Reason I probably won't is my navigation skills are absolutely awful, me let loose on my own trying to find something miles away is a recipe for disaster. Only way I'll end up coming is if some other penine massivers do that I can share the ride down with or possibly if my experiments with phones with satnav and gaffa tape are a success.

Dave20046
01-03-09, 08:39 PM
I think we had 75 ish bikes on the rideout, some had pillions, some did not. Some people attended but didnt ride on the rideout.

I reckon it has to be around the 100 mark.

Its worth making the effort, they are always cracking weekends.
How many usually crash? :(

fizzwheel
01-03-09, 08:46 PM

None. The AR rideout is much more social so its run at a slower pace and it never covers a huge distance. Also every junction is marked so theres no need to rush for fear of getting left behind which also keeps the speed down to.

Baph
01-03-09, 08:46 PM
lol I was going to say the same until I saw your location.
Reason I probably won't is my navigation skills are absolutely awful, me let loose on my own trying to find something miles away is a recipe for disaster. Only way I'll end up coming is if some other penine massivers do that I can share the ride down with or possibly if my experiments with phones with satnav and gaffa tape are a success.

I'm sure someone from your area will be going and you can tag along with them. If your experiments work out, you could even lead the rest of the massive down. :D

Non the year I went (that I'm aware of) - which was AR07? I didn't hear of anyone coming off on AR08 either.

Graciepants
04-03-09, 04:01 PM
do you let slow fat CBRs come along? i can bribe people with my bike sat nav!!

plowsie
04-03-09, 04:08 PM
Maybe, maybe not, depends if I can still afford to go Switzerland, if I can't I'll be there. On a bike, just not sure what bike.

fizzwheel
04-03-09, 04:45 PM

All are welcome, regardless of type of bike and experience of riding. Its more of a social event than a ride now.

plowsie
04-03-09, 04:50 PM

All are welcome, regardless of type of bike and experience of riding. Its more of a social event than a ride now.
And the fact that they let a slow fat me turn up in 07.

Bear
05-03-09, 01:51 PM
Can we make sure there are no token SVs doing the marking this year? I believe AR07 was led by a zx10 and mine was the only SV, and last year was led by a GSXR and Grinch was the only SV. Why don't we just admit that no one* still rides SVs and have done with it...

*At least no one of any importance...

keith_d
05-03-09, 02:52 PM
Are recent joiners allowed to tag along??

If I'm not on standby for work I'll try and show my face (and my SV) though I'll be somewhere near the back of the slow group.

Keith.

fizzwheel
05-03-09, 02:59 PM
Are recent joiners allowed to tag along??.

Yes, dont be shy about coming because you dont or might not know anybody, Because I guarantee it by the end of the weekend you will.

Alpinestarhero
06-03-09, 04:53 PM
*At least no one of any importance...

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH hold on a minute there my furry friend

what about the cool dude with the topbox who is more than happy to carry around some refreshments.........?

the_lone_wolf
06-03-09, 04:58 PM
what about the cool dude with the topbox who is more than happy to carry around some refreshments.........?

http://blog.thirdphaze.com/uploaded_images/shaft-724463.jpg

i can dig it...

Alpinestarhero
07-03-09, 08:15 AM
:cool: cool drinks for you then

phil24_7
08-03-09, 12:18 AM
Who's marking this year or will it be the person behind the leader?

Regards

Lucas
08-03-09, 12:24 AM
Markers will be anyone without a sv :rolleyes:

Messie
08-03-09, 12:46 PM
Markers have already been sorted out, thanks.
There will several of them
and several of them will have an SV!

phil24_7
08-03-09, 06:13 PM
Markers have already been sorted out, thanks.

:-( No fair! Any rules on stopping with other markers so I may have a good run through the pack occasionally?

fizzwheel
08-03-09, 06:52 PM
:-( No fair!

Its more than fair. Marking junctions when you have a group of 80 odd bikes like we had last year, needs to be taken seriously and ensure that people do drop off where they are supposed to. I've been on a few rideouts know where the packs got split and people havent marked where I have asked them to stop.

Using pre-arranged dedicated markers, means that those doing the marking will be well practised and versed in the route and whats going on. Any difficult junctions will be noted and markers pre arranged for those spots.

It also takes the worry out of marking for the person leading the rideout and the TEC knows who to look for and who to pick up again makes for a worry & stress free rideout.

Any rules on stopping with other markers so I may have a good run through the pack occasionally?

Nope its a public road nobody can dictate what you do or dont do. Except Mr Plod. However remember, its not a race, there maybe new or inexperienced riders in the group, also people who are new to group riding. So you'll need to bare this in mind if you are making your way up through the pack.

phil24_7
08-03-09, 07:06 PM
Oh Fizz, it was a comment made in jest (hence the smiley!) so please refrain from lecturing me. Perhaps if you felt this strongly about it you could pm me rather than try to put me down or demean me on the open forum.

Regards

the_lone_wolf
08-03-09, 07:09 PM
Oh Fizz, it was a comment made in jest (hence the smiley!) so please refrain from lecturing me. Perhaps if you felt this strongly about it you could pm me rather than try to put me down or demean me on the open forum.

:why:

sounded like a perfectly reasonable response to me:confused:

fizzwheel
08-03-09, 07:21 PM
Oh Fizz, it was a comment made in jest (hence the smiley!)

Well perhaps you should have used a more suitable smiley then and then I would have understood properly what you meant.

on yer bike
09-03-09, 12:04 AM

Regards

I don't think it was to demean you, you asked a good question, Fizz gave a good answer, Others may have been wondering the same as you therefore it was a public response.

It may have sounded harsh, but it wasn't personal or made to offend (I don't think ;)) It was to make sure it was understood what goes on. The amount of organisation that goes into this each year is immense and with the number of people that attend, things like marking have to be understood by all.

Littlepeahead
09-03-09, 12:53 PM
As an Essex girl it would be rude not to. Are there plans for a disco so we can dance round our tank bags?

Alpinestarhero
10-03-09, 07:37 PM
As an Essex girl it would be rude not to. Are there plans for a disco so we can dance round our tank bags?

yea, it'll take place inside my topbox :rendeer:

davepreston
11-03-09, 04:09 AM
add 1 drunkin paddy to the list plus luggage sorry wife

VolatileParsley
11-03-09, 11:41 PM
Mrs VP (to be) and I will be going. We're looking forward to it, a chance to actually meet some of you as we've never been on any of the org ride-outs before.