PDA

View Full Version : Tentative FOT, 22/02

ogden
21-02-09, 01:20 PM
Leaving the Horse & Jockey in Aylesbury at 11am.

Unless I feel crap.

Any takers?

metalmonkey
21-02-09, 03:38 PM
Leaving the Horse & Jockey in Aylesbury at 11am.

Unless I feel crap.

Any takers?

Where are you going too? I was gonna to my rents place and score dinner, so I could head up a bit earlier, of course that depends on when i roll out of bed!

ogden
21-02-09, 03:54 PM
Where are you going too? I was gonna to my rents place and score dinner, so I could head up a bit earlier, of course that depends on when i roll out of bed!

A413 to Buckingham
A421/A4221 to Bicester
A41/B4011 to Thame

Then either A418/A329/A4074 to Fox's, or B4012 to Postcombe and a cup of coffee or a pint, respectively.

Speed limits will, of course, be observed at all times.

Warthog
21-02-09, 04:00 PM
Although I am up for this, the part for my bike didn't arrive on Friday, so its unusable :(. Hopefully from Monday or Tueday on it will be fixed. Have fun man, its lovely out there.

ogden
21-02-09, 05:38 PM
Which part?

Stig
21-02-09, 06:53 PM
I really would have turned up for this but I am already commited elsewhere. More notice next time please.

ogden
21-02-09, 07:09 PM
I really would have turned up for this but I am already commited elsewhere. More notice next time please.

http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php?p=1789307&postcount=11

Stig
21-02-09, 07:15 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php?p=1789307&postcount=11

More than that.

ogden
21-02-09, 07:17 PM
I'm thinking of going for a ride some time in March, if that helps.

Stig
21-02-09, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking of going for a ride some time in March, if that helps.

Date, time and location please.

ogden
21-02-09, 07:30 PM
Any given Sunday, 11am departure, Horse & Jockey, Aylesbury.

If you let me know when you can make it, I might even try and organise a ride around you. Not that anyone'll actually turn up, of course. They'll either have no roadworthy bike, have guests over for the night, be out on the razz so not sober enough to ride in the morning, have no tax or not be in a state to ride after a recent accident. And those are just the excuses I've had in the last couple of hours.

It's shaping up to be a re-run of last year at this rate.

metalmonkey
21-02-09, 09:32 PM
Not me, exhaust is off the bike, probally going for more beer, another time. My folks were like when u turning? err when I'm sober and fixed my bike:cool: They didn't seem amused by that, oh well:D

Warthog
22-02-09, 11:44 AM
Which part?

Gear lever. Me and Walkabout Andy tried to fix it this morning but the cruddy cast lever snapped when trying to bend it back again. :(

ogden
22-02-09, 05:26 PM
Well I took the thou for a spin anyway, albeit a few hours later than originally planned.

Swung by Fox's to have a chat with someone from UKRM, then headed up to Aylesbury and did a FOT solo.

It appears any riding ability I used to have melted away with the snow. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

So, FOT next week anyone?

Stig
22-02-09, 06:22 PM
Not for me next week. I will be out of town.

ogden
22-02-09, 06:30 PM
Colour me unsurprised.

Stig
22-02-09, 07:23 PM
Colour me unsurprised.

If it makes any difference I am going out of town on my bike. Like 200 miles out of town. :D

philbut
22-02-09, 10:45 PM
I am making an effort to have the 7R back on the road by next weekend. I spent all day getting the engine back together, now I need to fit the swing arm etc and put the new chain on. I'm going to work on it during the week so maybe. i really really wanted to go for a ride today but my priority is to have it running sweet by the spring.

Was possibly a good job I didn't go too far today, I nearly got hit twice in my 3 mile ride to the garage! The ZZR appears to have some kind of vehicle magnet hidden somewhere under the fairing!

walkaboutandy
23-02-09, 09:05 AM
Couldn't come out to play in the morning, as I was slightly hungover, but I did manage to do a cheeky run on the FOT in the evening in the dark. The best part (padbury - winslow recently surfaced section) has those new cateyes that capture the light and stay lit, so you can see the road turning and snaking both in front and behind. It looks awesome! :cool:

Sosha
23-02-09, 12:28 PM
Ventured North West on Saturday. V nice too. (there's somewhere called Pishill [snigger]) .

Have now covered sufficient miles on the rattletrap to get the SV out of the garage.
(There's only so long bouncing over every benign tarmac ripple is entertaining before it becomes a genuine PITA.)