PDA

View Full Version : Shire Horse, 24/02/09

ogden
24-02-09, 07:38 AM
Surprised this hasn't gone up already, what with it being tonight.

Stig
24-02-09, 09:05 AM
Yup. I do.

monkey
24-02-09, 09:28 AM
Yarp yarpeth. It's only Shrove Tuesday though!

walkaboutandy
24-02-09, 11:11 AM
Check!

philbut
24-02-09, 11:14 AM
Ooooooh this is today. Ar*e, I forgot to ask Si to bring his chain tool. Never mind, I will be there this time, hopefully with the wife if she can get her bike back together in time ;-)

JustATrick
24-02-09, 11:49 AM
I can't tonight - I've got to work late.

tonyk - I'll have to get your gloves back to you another time - sorry about that.

ogden
24-02-09, 11:58 AM
It's a lovely day for a ride.

Stig
24-02-09, 02:16 PM
Ooooooh this is today. Ar*e, I forgot to ask Si to bring his chain tool. Never mind, I will be there this time, hopefully with the wife if she can get her bike back together in time ;-)

And I did forget to pack it this time too. :roll:

Who is getting there at what time? If we are going to play the game who can be the last one to arrive, then I shall not bother. I finish work at 4:15 and it will take me about 25 minutes to get there. Alternatively, where are you Oxford lot meeting up to come down. I may go there directly from work and ride down to the Shire with you.

Stig
24-02-09, 02:22 PM
Or go home to get the chain tool and then on to your meeting point?

pencil shavings
24-02-09, 02:24 PM
cant make tonight, we are having a party at my house so I have to make sure it dosent get destoryed! If there is no rain next week, I should be there :)

Sosha
24-02-09, 02:31 PM
If there is no rain next week, I should be there :)

We won't be ..... next one's in two weeks - 10th March....

philbut
24-02-09, 02:32 PM
where are you Oxford lot meeting up to come down. I may go there directly from work and ride down to the Shire with you.

We usually meet at the Sainsburys petrol station just south of Oxford on the ring road, but I'm still waiting to hear from Nick as to whether his gear lever has arrived. If not it might be just me and andy, in which case we should be leaving oxford at 6:15 - 6:30. I'll give "the hog" a text to see if his part has arrived.

EDIT - we go directly past Fox's so could meet you there if you fancy the ride out. I'll try and get a time fixed.

philbut
24-02-09, 02:36 PM
UPDATE - his gear lever is a no show so just me and Andy. Si, if you fancy a pootle up to oxford we should be away by 6:15 with any luck.

Stig
24-02-09, 02:36 PM
We usually meet at the Sainsburys petrol station just south of Oxford on the ring road, but I'm still waiting to hear from Nick as to whether his gear lever has arrived. If not it might be just me and andy, in which case we should be leaving oxford at 6:15 - 6:30. I'll give "the hog" a text to see if his part has arrived.

EDIT - we go directly past Fox's so could meet you there if you fancy the ride out. I'll try and get a time fixed.

Cancel that. I am going home to spend time with the kids on pancake day. I will meet you at the Shire.

ogden
24-02-09, 02:38 PM
And I did forget to pack it this time too. :roll:

Who is getting there at what time? If we are going to play the game who can be the last one to arrive, then I shall not bother. I finish work at 4:15 and it will take me about 25 minutes to get there.

I'll be riding directly from work, which I'm guessing will take about an hour and a half. So I should be there a bit after 7.

ogden
24-02-09, 02:39 PM
If there is no rain next week

That's the mother of all Ifs.

philbut
24-02-09, 02:41 PM
Cancel that. I am going home to spend time with the kids on pancake day. I will meet you at the Shire.

No worries. If you remember to stick the chain thing in yer pocket then cool. If not I'll just wheel her round to the local garage and borrow theirs.

pencil shavings
24-02-09, 02:49 PM
We won't be ..... next one's in two weeks - 10th March....

ahh, thanks for the heads up!

That's the mother of all Ifs.

yep!! no need to make rash commitments!!

walkaboutandy
24-02-09, 03:19 PM
UPDATE - his gear lever is a no show so just me and Andy. Si, if you fancy a pootle up to oxford we should be away by 6:15 with any luck.
I'll see you at 6.15 at Sainsburys then, Phil.

Sosha
24-02-09, 03:29 PM

Pah! no Pillion seat?

Weak....

Warthog
24-02-09, 03:34 PM
Pillion with Phil, are you crazy!

So as stated my gear lever is not here, and also my whole rear plastics are hanging off, so I can't come. My motherboard did arrive so I will be fixing my PC instead. Have fun.

Stig
24-02-09, 03:37 PM

So as stated my gear lever is not here, and also my whole rear plastics are hanging off, so I can't come. My motherboard did arrive so I will be fixing my PC instead. Have fun.

:roll:

Sosha
24-02-09, 03:40 PM

Look at it this way.... it would completely take your mind off the non arriving gear lever & super glue requirement...

kat_s1
24-02-09, 05:09 PM
ill be there for maybe a short while. usual turn up around 7.

Stig
24-02-09, 06:23 PM
Here I am again. Sitting here drinking my beer on my own. :roll:

Sosha
24-02-09, 06:40 PM
Here I am,

Leaving work....

Wishing I was sitting drinking beer....

ogden
24-02-09, 07:30 PM
Here I am again. Sitting here drinking my beer on my own. :roll:

No you're not.

ogden
24-02-09, 10:55 PM
Well that was a fun journey back.

M4 closed from J3-J1, so I took the M25 round to the A3. Or would have if J10 wasn't also closed. So I took the M3 toward Richmond. But the A318 (or whatever) was closed. Cue a tedious trundle through half of suburban Surrey trying to find my way to civilisation.

FG1
24-02-09, 11:08 PM
*** WARNING ***

Contains sarcastic comment

Ah well, at least you were on a comfy bike.......................

ogden
24-02-09, 11:35 PM
Yeah, something like that.

http://www.pre.org/sarcasm.gif http://www.pre.org/LolLolLolLol.gif

etc.

Stig
25-02-09, 08:08 AM
Nathan has realised bouncing down stairs on his head is not good for him. He must have the same brains as his dad as despite two full somersaults he seems relatively undamaged.

KnightRider
25-02-09, 09:57 AM
blx - missed this cause I didnt realise that it was this week.

philbut
25-02-09, 10:32 AM
Nathan has realised bouncing down stairs on his head is not good for him. He must have the same brains as his dad as despite two full somersaults he seems relatively undamaged.

Ah, so long as it wasn't too serious. Thank you for bringing the tool mate. all I need to do now is work out how the hell to use it :p

Stig
25-02-09, 11:18 AM
Ah, so long as it wasn't too serious. Thank you for bringing the tool mate. all I need to do now is work out how the hell to use it :p

It took me a while to work it out too. Please don't break it. :wink: