PDA

View Full Version : The rideout thread (redux)

ogden
25-02-09, 04:46 PM
So, who's up for a thrash round the home counties on Sunday?

pencil shavings
25-02-09, 05:24 PM
sounds good :)

two conditions a) my bike starts
b) no rain

and im there :)

sv650nutter149
25-02-09, 11:16 PM
ah y is it always on the days im working??? need a good excuse to wear tyres in

Stig
25-02-09, 11:39 PM
I will be coming back from Manchester and as I don't intend to be leaving any time before 11am, I think you can safely count me out. Had I been in town, the answer would most definitely have been yes.

JustATrick
25-02-09, 11:41 PM
Me. It'll be a slow wobble rather than a thrash, but I'll be out. You FOT-ing again? I've not tried that yet, so would come and say hello. Briefly, though - I won't be able to keep up.

ogden
26-02-09, 12:23 AM
Me. It'll be a slow wobble rather than a thrash, but I'll be out. You FOT-ing again? I've not tried that yet, so would come and say hello. Briefly, though - I won't be able to keep up.

Probably a FOT, dunno yet.

Don't worry about the speed - I may well leave the thou at home and ride the 250 before the MOT runs out.

I mean, how fast can a 250 be?

pencil shavings
26-02-09, 12:28 AM
Probably a FOT, dunno yet.

Don't worry about the speed - I may well leave the thou at home and ride the 250 before the MOT runs out.

PLEASE CAN I HAVE A GO!!!!!!! :rave:

:smt057

walkaboutandy
26-02-09, 06:51 AM
No can do. I'll will be thrashing my bike around the welsh valleys instead.

DanAbnormal
26-02-09, 04:26 PM

About 120 if memory serves......:smt074

flibble
26-02-09, 05:41 PM
About 120 if memory serves......:smt074

+1

DanAbnormal
26-02-09, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure about Sunday. I'll be visiting some GM folk and also I'd like to get my chopper out if the weather is good.

Stig
26-02-09, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure about Sunday. I'll be visiting some GM folk and also I'd like to get my chopper out if the weather is good.

FFS think about the U rating. Actually, think about everyone else.

DanAbnormal
26-02-09, 08:54 PM
FFS think about the U rating. Actually, think about everyone else.

Filthy mind Mr Ape. I meant my R/C helicopter(s).

Yet another hobby that empties my bank account! :rolleyes:

philbut
27-02-09, 01:16 PM
If the weather is anything liek today then Yaaaaaaay, sod the ZX7 I'll come out on the ZZR rather than hide in the garage

ogden
27-02-09, 01:17 PM
If the weather is anything liek today then Yaaaaaaay

Don't get your hopes up, forecast for Sunday is rain.

JustATrick
01-03-09, 10:20 AM
Weather looks good. Anything doing?

ogden
01-03-09, 11:20 AM
I'd planned for rain so I'm off to the Tate in a bit.

DanAbnormal
02-03-09, 10:01 AM
Not a spot of rain yesterday, was lovely all day. Shame I had a terrible hangover although I did wash the winter salt off the bike.

Stig
02-03-09, 10:04 AM
Not a spot of rain yesterday, was lovely all day. Shame I had a terrible hangover although I did wash the winter salt off the bike.

I had an excellent time this weekend. Covered just short of 600 miles. I can confirm the YZF is all of what I remember it was. Bloody awesome.

DanAbnormal
02-03-09, 10:05 AM
I had an excellent time this weekend. Covered just short of 600 miles. I can confirm the YZF is all of what I remember it was. Bloody awesome.

Good to hear it. I heard nothing but good stuff about those bikes.

philbut
02-03-09, 10:32 AM
I spent all day trying to do what should have been a 1 hour job - doing chain and sprockets on the ZX7. The bloody clutch slave cylinder is jammed onto it's mounts, so I couldn't remove the front sproket. i ended up fashoning a bespoke tool from an old 8mm spanner and some brute force to remove the bolts from the bracket behind. Hopefully should get it all done tonight, then I just need to balance the carbs.

Took the Mrs on her first bike ride down to Fox's too. she was terrified but I think she enjoyed it (although she won't admit it). She did keep making power ranger comments about all the old men in one piece suits though :p She is learning fast!

Stig
02-03-09, 11:54 AM
She did keep making power ranger comments about all the old men in one piece suits though :p She is learning fast!

hehehehe :lol:

walkaboutandy
03-03-09, 09:34 PM
I had a lovely run to south wales via the forest of Dean on Saturday and back on Sunday. Although Saturday was better as I was hung over on Sunday and nearly had an off when I skidded on a massive pile of sick, braking into a roundabout.

Warthog
03-03-09, 09:52 PM
I had a lovely run to south wales via the forest of Dean on Saturday and back on Sunday. Although Saturday was better as I was hung over on Sunday and nearly had an off when I skidded on a massive pile of sick, braking into a roundabout.

What, your own sick from being hungover?! So you managed to vom in front of your own bike whilst riding? Gotta be a first...

DanAbnormal
05-03-09, 11:16 AM

I have to say that is the 1st time I have ever heard this kind of thing. I think I've heard all other reasons but this one is awesome!

ogden
05-03-09, 12:21 PM
There was a very, very long thread on UKRM about ten years ago following someone's claim to have come off after their front wheel lost grip on an apple core.

philbut
05-03-09, 12:53 PM
Hmmmm, I hit a brick, banked over for a corner at 60 on my GPZ and didn't have any issues. Must have been one bloody big apple!

DanAbnormal
05-03-09, 03:09 PM
Actually, a guiy that used to train at our gym was killed after hitting a foxes remains. Poor chap.

walkaboutandy
05-03-09, 04:08 PM
I have to say that is the 1st time I have ever heard this kind of thing. I think I've heard all other reasons but this one is awesome!
Well I doubt it was sick but it did look like it ....like porridge or man fat. It was a pool of white lumpy stuff on the road, right in the braking zone before cornering onto the roundabout. It was the A43 so I was going pretty quick. My front wheel locked up so I straightened up the bike and then braked again once over the sick and slowed down enough not to hit the roundabout. Was a bit of a sphicter twitching moment!