PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike Maintenance Course?

tonyk
08-03-09, 12:39 AM
So, would anyone be interested in attending this course?

I don’t know a lot of the details as my daughter only told me a few days ago but here’s what I know so far:

An evening course held at Langley College once a week and runs for 34 weeks, one year for level one and will continue to level 4. (starting in September)

Starting with basic motorbike maintenance all the way up to more advanced stuff; i.e. good for anyone wanting to learn how to do some diy jobs on their bikes.

You will be able to bring in your own bikes to do work on them as you wish; my daughter and her friends have brought their cars to the college a number of times to do work and services on them.

Prices as of yet is unknown.

No upper age limit.

Qualifications needed are still unknown but everyone here would meet requirements.

[Also if there is anyone who would be able to teach maintenance on bikes there are vacancies for this course. No formal qualifications needed or even teaching qualifications needed as they will teach you teaching skills as you go along; a city and guilds teaching qualification would be earned.]

The guy teaching this is the head of the motor vehicle department and a motorcyclist himself, so we will be getting our own workshop!

As soon as I get any more information, I will post up accordingly.

[Yes the course will be mostly dominated by my daughter, her friends and kids her age; but lets show them how its done!]

tonyk.

Stig
08-03-09, 07:30 PM
Thanks but no thanks.

arcdef
08-03-09, 07:50 PM
An hour may be abit far for me, more info would be good such as what days/times/cost/what is covered etc.