PDA

View Full Version : Quick. I have a morning free...

Stig
21-03-09, 08:09 AM
Anyone out to play?

ogden
21-03-09, 11:24 AM
Kinda. I'm off to Bedford later and will probably take a scenic route to get there.

Probably not much use to you though.

Stig
21-03-09, 08:34 PM
Bit of a disastrous day really.

Went out this morning to go for a ride. Ended up doing some rather needed emergency repairs to Matt's SV all morning. Set off to go to Adam's birthday party and ended up breaking down and being recovered back home. :roll: Oh well.

dirtydog
22-03-09, 08:35 AM
'Bout time you got a decent bike isn't it? ;-)

Stig
22-03-09, 09:21 AM
'Bout time you got a decent bike isn't it? ;-)

It's the way it goes I guess when you buy 2nd hand. Apart from the two main issues I have had with it, the YZF has proved to be a bargain buy. The shock gave out almost as soon as I had bought it. And now the fuel tank leak. :roll:

Sorry I missed you birthday Adam.

philbut
22-03-09, 01:29 PM
Bugger. Ah well, if it's any concolation, I had a nice ride yesterday :-p hehe. Finally resuracted the 7R - and found out it needs new head bearing but hey, like you say, thats second hand sports bikes...

dirtydog
22-03-09, 02:20 PM
It's the way it goes I guess when you buy 2nd hand. Apart from the two main issues I have had with it, the YZF has proved to be a bargain buy. The shock gave out almost as soon as I had bought it. And now the fuel tank leak. :roll:

Sorry I missed you birthday Adam.

Fuel tank leak? Chewing gum would've sorted that for a couple of hours ;)

Fixable leak or actually holed through?

I patched the tank on my 125 with some petrol tank repair putty till I coulod get it welded

Stig
22-03-09, 05:34 PM
Fuel tank leak? Chewing gum would've sorted that for a couple of hours ;)

Fixable leak or actually holed through?

I patched the tank on my 125 with some petrol tank repair putty till I coulod get it welded

Well I thought I had already fixed it the previous evening. The fuel pump seal was leaking. Having searched the web I found them to be around £50 a throw :o I dismantled it and found the rubber lip on the inside to be kinked. I un-kinked it and put it all back together. I thought that was that as it did not leak after that. But during my trip on the way to yours I stopped at a junction and the smell of fuel was strong. Looked under the tank to see a steady stream of fuel pouring onto a nice hot engine. I decided to step away and call recovery. I stripped it again today and it looks as though the un-kinked rubber kinked again. As it looks like it would fit either way round, I flipped it over and tried again. It seems to be holding this time. Will see if I get to work tomorrow. :D

DanAbnormal
23-03-09, 03:50 PM
the smell of fuel was strong. Looked under the tank to see a steady stream of fuel pouring onto a nice hot engine.

Christ Si, that'a a bit risky!! :shock:

Stig
23-03-09, 04:05 PM
Christ Si, that'a a bit risky!! :shock:

Hence deciding not to ride further. :lol:

Good news though is it seems not to be leaking anymore. :D

monkey
24-03-09, 03:19 AM
You and your kinky rubber.

Matthie
24-03-09, 11:55 PM
Went out this morning to go for a ride. Ended up doing some rather needed emergency repairs to Matt's SV all morning.

Err...yeah sorry about that! Got to start looking after it abit better! :mad:

Parts still haven't been dispatched from Wemoto yet, should be here by the end of the week hopefully. I will give you a shout when they come.