PDA

View Full Version : Tats at AR09?

Messie
30-03-09, 06:29 PM
I've just had my 9th tattoo done and I think it's brill! A chameleon with a diamond in his eye.

Thing is the guy that did it would be willing to set up a tent to do it at the AR09.

Would any one be interested? He does it all in full sterile conditions, with disposable needles and such. And his artwork is superb!!!

No poll needed this time, just your thoughts

the_lone_wolf
30-03-09, 06:30 PM
http://a3.vox.com/6a00d09e7f1f90be2b011016652e53860d-500pi

Messie
30-03-09, 06:46 PM
Nice pic, but what do you mean Lone Wolf?

Dan
30-03-09, 06:49 PM
I can't wait for the

"I woke up at AR09 with a tattoo on my forehead - and I don't know where it came from!"

thread.

the_lone_wolf
30-03-09, 06:53 PM

not seen that south park episode then...;)

Messie
30-03-09, 06:56 PM
Is that on Radio 4?

the_lone_wolf
30-03-09, 07:07 PM
Is that on Radio 4?

erm, nope:)

btw, 1000 posts;)

Messie
30-03-09, 07:10 PM
Apparently not lol!!!

the_lone_wolf
30-03-09, 07:11 PM
Apparently not lol!!!

you are now:cool:

RichT
30-03-09, 07:17 PM
If the guy's willing to come along and hang out - maybe do a bit of art or two then why not...

I'm sure he'll have a laugh if nothing else.

I'm not personally interested however.

Miss Alpinestarhero
30-03-09, 07:24 PM
Oooo show us a piccie once its healed :D (depending on where the tatt is obv)

I wouldn't be interested..

Personally I dont see what the point would be? :smt102 Having a tatt done then riding would be sore with your kit rubbing on it right? Im sure he'l have a laugh anyway if nothing else?

Just me 2 pence..

Messie
30-03-09, 07:40 PM
I will Maria and it's OK not in a private place lol

Good point about riding sore though. Hadn't thought of that

hovis
30-03-09, 07:44 PM
no

i would not have a tattoo by some bloke i have never heard of in a field, in the middle of nowhere

Messie
30-03-09, 07:47 PM
no

i would not have a tattoo by some bloke i have never heard of in a field, in the middle of nowhere

OK fair point succinctly made.

But not the middle of nowehere. Middle of the Dengie Peninsular actually:smt018

keith_d
30-03-09, 07:59 PM
OK fair point succinctly made.

But not the middle of nowhere. Middle of the Dengie Peninsular actually:smt018

As in Dengie Hemorrhagic Fever?

Keith.

Note: Dengie Hemorrhagic Fever is caused by walking nose first into a sign or lamp post while drunk, unlike the more famous Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever, which isn't.

Messie
30-03-09, 08:04 PM
keith I don't know what you're on about but LOL!

El Saxo
30-03-09, 08:14 PM
Personally I wouldn't be interested, mainly cos of the leathers 'rubbing' issue mentioned by Maria but also cos a half-sleeve would take most of the weekend!

If the guy has a website I'd be interested to see some of his work though, I love looking at artists' work and other people's tats! Actually come to think of it, might not be a bad idea to post a link anyway to help peeps decide if they're interested or not. Where's that 'thread is useless without pics' smiley? :lol:

speedplay
30-03-09, 08:19 PM
no

+1 The conditions would be too hard to keep clinical in a tent too.

Messie
30-03-09, 08:32 PM
No worries about the hygeine, promise. He's well set up for all of that.
But I can understand the concerns about keeping it clean after it's done.
But there are showers at the site - promise!!

Stu
31-03-09, 12:37 AM
+1

If it's alone the lines of no F'in way
+1

;)

Kilted Ginger
31-03-09, 04:26 AM
dont see the riding after being an issue, i rode in to and back from my last tat, both times (2 sittings), however i spend a lot of time looking at the artists work and sellecting an artist whose style suits my requiremwnts, some are good at oriental, some graphical, some lettering etc etc, If he had a site where we could view his work and had recomendations (ie you) i might have been interested, but I cant make the AR is i'm busy getting married that day.

chris8886
31-03-09, 08:46 AM
no thanks. not my thing, keeping my body clean! ;)

kitkat
31-03-09, 11:12 AM
dont see the riding after being an issue, i rode in to and back from my last tat, both times (2 sittings), however i spend a lot of time looking at the artists work and sellecting an artist whose style suits my requiremwnts, some are good at oriental, some graphical, some lettering etc etc, If he had a site where we could view his work and had recomendations (ie you) i might have been interested, but I cant make the AR is i'm busy getting married that day.

cant you get married in a tent next to tattoo man and then we could all join in your wedding celebrations. :smt044

Drew Carey
31-03-09, 11:29 AM
+1 to what Kilted G said. I commuted straight after having my last Tat done and had no problem, just plenty of washing and moistureiser (Brapanthanan - Spelt way wrongly is what I have used).

That being said, considering I'm not doing the rideout and will therefore be plastered all weekend, I really dont think I would get one as wouldnt trust myself after a few sherberts!!!!

Spiderman
31-03-09, 06:01 PM
I might be interested Messie cos i'm only after a little something at the mo so the rubbing/soreness thing wouldnt be too bad.

But as someone above said its very much down to his "style" and if it suits what i'm looking to get done.

If he has a website to link to or can post some of his work for us to get an idea of what eh does i'd love to be able to look at a tat and know it was done at AR09 :D

John 675
31-03-09, 06:09 PM
fudge it - id be interested at the right price lol.. dead cert.. count me in :D

Magnum
01-04-09, 06:49 PM
I wouldnt ever want a tat from a tent... I think its something that needs more thought thatn just popping into a tent at a rideout. My opinion though.

Messie
03-04-09, 07:26 AM
It's not just tats in a tent. The guy does it at festivals and the like.
I'll post some pictures up when I have time

For those that are interested I think the best way is for you to pm me. Then I can let you have the guys details and you can talk pictures and details well before the week end.

Dave20046
03-04-09, 07:32 AM
Sounds seriously like a bad idea.

*couple of weeks later*, "dave why've you got a popular brand of bread tatoo'd to your ass?"

chris8886
03-04-09, 07:34 AM
Sounds seriously like a bad idea.

*couple of weeks later*, "dave why've you got a popular brand of bread tatoo'd to your ass?"

:smt101:smt046:smt044:smt044:smt044

hovis
03-04-09, 07:36 AM
cos i owned him;)

Dave20046
03-04-09, 07:37 AM
You will not!
I want my botty in tact after AR09 if I attend - what are the chances?

SoulKiss
03-04-09, 08:12 AM
You will not!
I want my botty in tact after AR09 if I attend - what are the chances?

Depends on how well you manage to avoid Bear............

Stig
03-04-09, 10:14 AM
I'd be interested.

Rai86
03-04-09, 11:47 AM
i'd be interested as long as people dont let me do it if im drunk

Stig
03-04-09, 02:58 PM
i'd be interested as long as people dont let me do it if im drunk

I am quite sure it is law that a tattooist is not allowed to give anyone a tattoo who he believes to be under the influence of drink or drugs.

Baph
03-04-09, 03:13 PM
I am quite sure it is law that a tattooist is not allowed to give anyone a tattoo who he believes to be under the influence of drink or drugs.

Not the case unfortunately. Just a general agreement between artists not to, mainly as alcohol consumption increases bleeding.

Dave20046
03-04-09, 03:33 PM
yeah they rejected me when I was off my face.

speedplay
03-04-09, 05:21 PM
It's not just tats in a tent. The guy does it at festivals and the like.
I'll post some pictures up when I have time

For those that are interested I think the best way is for you to pm me. Then I can let you have the guys details and you can talk pictures and details well before the week end.

The tattoo festivals I have been to are always indoors due to the hygene issue.

At the end of the day, you get a tattoo in a tent, you take your chances!

speedplay
03-04-09, 05:24 PM
Not the case unfortunately. Just a general agreement between artists not to, mainly as alcohol consumption increases bleeding.

Alcohol does thin the blood and no decent tattoo artist will do work on someone who has been drinking that day or even heavily the night before.
You are their canvas and advertising so to speak.

If anyone is thinking of getting a tattoo done, take iron tablets for a few weeks before hand as it reduces the amount of bleed and the colour and lines will stay perfect for much longer.

Messie
03-04-09, 05:36 PM
Under the influenec of alcohol - couldn't agree more. That's why I think it would be a good idea to agree it all BEFORE the AR09

Speedplay - I've nevr taken iron tablets, except when I was pregnant. No-one needs them unless they're pregnant or anaemic. I've never had a 'bleed' with a toatto

And why is the air in a tent more dodgy than air in a large hall? All equipment, needles, surfaces and hands can be kept clean and sterile in any type of walled place (or don't military hospitals count?)

speedplay
03-04-09, 05:53 PM
Speedplay - I've nevr taken iron tablets, except when I was pregnant. No-one needs them unless they're pregnant or anaemic. I've never had a 'bleed' with a toatto

And why is the air in a tent more dodgy than air in a large hall? All equipment, needles, surfaces and hands can be kept clean and sterile in any type of walled place (or don't military hospitals count?)

I've had about 60 hours of tattooing done and I tend to bleed loads unless I use iron tabs beforehand and I'm not anaemic.

And as for the Military hospitals.. im sure if the nhs started using tents someone would moan about it!
Theres a massive difference between treating a field injury and getting a tattoo;)

John 675
04-04-09, 03:19 PM
I'd say it wouldn't be an issue to do it in a tent.. The air is probably cleaner as long as there wasn't a big cow **** next to it I think you'd be fine.. The place I had mine done in was a right **** tip hense why I haven't gone back LOL do it can't be any worse could it??

Bluefish
04-04-09, 03:55 PM
sounds ok to me, would need to see his work though.

dizzyblonde
04-04-09, 05:19 PM
honestly?
If the AR was some mass organised event such as a few hundred people at a bike rally, with all the bells and whstles that are associated like food vans, stalls, tattooists, etc then perhaps.
With just a chance of a couple of people taking interest? No.

But as I'm not going, and wouldn't want a tattoo anyway its not an issue. Just giving an opinion, that is all;)

Dave20046
04-04-09, 06:18 PM
honestly?
If the AR was some mass organised event such as a few hundred people at a bike rally, with all the bells and whstles that are associated like food vans, stalls, tattooists, etc then perhaps.
With just a chance of a couple of people taking interest? No.

But as I'm not going, and wouldn't want a tattoo anyway its not an issue. Just giving an opinion, that is all;)
I did initially think the same thing but I've never been to one before so not a clue how many of us there might be.