PDA

View Full Version : Guess the part; rottle bodies

BoltonSte
31-03-09, 06:54 PM
I've been changing the choke cable and had a mishap.

I'm describing this as if you're sat on the bike:

Front tb, on the underside, behind where it connects to the intake. On the left hand side, two wires connect. One Black, one Black/white. One spade connector, one as a tube (both 90 deg with a clear boot) With me so far?

The bit that the wires connect to has broken, more specifically the none spade one (spike/pin call it what you will)

the ceramic portion has split clean through.

What's it do?
Anyone know the part number (can't pinpoint it on Ronayers) or what it's called.
I guess I can't just JB weld it up or some such as both bits need to be insulated. But is the a bodge I can do to get it running?
Any chance this will be a standard item that I can get from Halfwits/maplins or some such place?

Cheers

Ste

Edit: Obs. can't spell, should be throtte if any mods feel like changinging it.

BoltonSte
31-03-09, 07:36 PM
Took the bit out and read around some more, think it's my carb heaters, only thing I can fathom which take power.

has FJ5 and 15 stamped on them.

Are carb heaters any good? Should i replace or just junk them?

Ste

TSM
31-03-09, 07:59 PM
its carb heaters

dont bother replacing it, they are useless at best and now its not realy cold they wont do anything at all which is precisley 0% better/worse than if they did work

yorkie_chris
31-03-09, 08:00 PM
Throttle body and you were changing choke cable? :-P

Plenty folk will have some spares. Only the center pin needs to be insulated the outer one just grounds to the carbs.

Baph
31-03-09, 10:34 PM
Throttle body and you were changing choke cable? :-P

That passed through my grey matter too... :lol:

BoltonSte
01-04-09, 06:56 AM
Took carbs/tb off so I could get the font plunger loose as per your vid YC. Punch and hammer worked a treat.

I've always been told the tb is the whole gubbins, the carbs well, just the carb part. TomAto, tomarto

Ste