PDA

View Full Version : Louder! (without exhaust change)

sauluk
01-04-09, 05:47 PM
Any way to get it a bit louder / angrier without changing the can? already have a CCC can so not looking to change that but was wondering if there's anything else which'll make it sound tastier / give it a bit more oomph

Spikenipple
01-04-09, 05:50 PM
Remove the snorkel from the front of the airbox, then fit raisers to the two front tank bolts. Gives it a nice growl on the throttle above 5000rpm.

Nobbylad
01-04-09, 06:17 PM
Take the baffle out? :confused:

captainsmelly
01-04-09, 06:54 PM
drill a series of holes along the downpipe

Dan
01-04-09, 07:08 PM
Top Tip:

Save pounds on expensive performance modifications. To instantly feel like your bike is faster, simply make loud 'Broooooooommmmm' and 'Neeeeeeowww' noises in your helmet whilst riding.

sauluk
01-04-09, 07:08 PM
Haha, no to the above.

My can doesn't have a removable baffle, think it's welded in.

Will removing the snorkel have any effect on water ingress?

Magnum
01-04-09, 07:11 PM
Can you unweld the baffle? Aparantly drilling holes in the exhaust makes it loud. You could always stubby it.

Nobbylad
01-04-09, 07:16 PM
I thought all CCC cans had removable baffles?

suzsv650
01-04-09, 07:20 PM

obviously a rivet is a weld. Take the baffle out!, moron

Razor
01-04-09, 07:52 PM
Will removing the snorkel have any effect on water ingress?

Only if you forget to hold your breath.

Nicky S
01-04-09, 10:42 PM
Remove the snorkel from the front of the airbox, then fit raisers to the two front tank bolts. Gives it a nice growl on the throttle above 5000rpm.

dose it do anything except make the bike sound diffrent ??

Stu
01-04-09, 11:18 PM
Search svrider.com for mufflerectomy. You drill holes inbetween the exhaust and the baffle. you can carry on to remove the baffle.
I dithe1st part it helped a bit

STRAMASHER
02-04-09, 08:19 AM
Remove the rubber snorkel from the air box and the induction noise will drown out a race pipe (well my remus anyway) on big throttle openings. Lovely.

yorkie_chris
02-04-09, 08:25 AM
dose it do anything except make the bike sound diffrent ??

Yeah freer flow as well as lots of induction noise. Works a treat on the curvy as well but some adjustments will be needed to the fuelling.

Nicky S
02-04-09, 08:57 AM
Yeah freer flow as well as lots of induction noise. Works a treat on the curvy as well but some adjustments will be needed to the fuelling.

kk what has to be taken off the airbox or if you do this do u get rid of the airbox and use ... umm dont know what they are called but 2 like cone fillters ?

yorkie_chris
02-04-09, 09:49 AM
You could use pod filters but the tuning becomes difficult.
Remove the snorkel from the airbox. Buy some bigger main jets..

Nicky S
02-04-09, 10:50 AM
You could use pod filters but the tuning becomes difficult.
Remove the snorkel from the airbox. Buy some bigger main jets..

snorkel ??? is that just on the s model ??

Alpinestarhero
02-04-09, 11:14 AM
Top Tip:

Save pounds on expensive performance modifications. To instantly feel like your bike is faster, simply make loud 'Broooooooommmmm' and 'Neeeeeeowww' noises in your helmet whilst riding.

it so definatly works

and if you make throttle blipping noises at traffic lights, it can save you fuel

Viney
02-04-09, 11:25 AM
snorkel ??? is that just on the s model ??Nicky, on the Curvey model the is no sonorkel, thats for the pointy models only. However, there have been things where you cut out the center, or drill holes in the filter itself., but as said, it leads to a few nighmares on fueling, and really isnt work it (Been there done it got the tshirt) and is a lot of hassle for no real gain. If you do want to do it, seek out a dynojet kit/larger jets, and i believe a BMC RaceRS filter. If you want you bike to feel a little perkier, the R6 throttle mod, and either upping the teeth on the rear or dropping 1 on the fornt sprocket will amke it a little more spritley.

Nobbylad
02-04-09, 07:28 PM

obviously a rivet is a weld. Take the baffle out!, moron

WTF?!

thor
04-04-09, 01:18 PM
I bought an SV thousand snorkel and fitted that. Very easy.