PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my carb settings?

r4ce_e3nd
01-04-09, 05:52 PM
A few weeks a go I had the chance to a dyno-run for free and it revealed in the curve below...

At the moment my bike has a Dyno-set stage 2 adjusted by a dealer here nearby. Actualy I think he just put the carbs of my previous SV (also adjusted by him, and which had some holes in the air filter to make it breath better) put in my current bike without touching it.

It also has the cam-mod done and tankspacers + Akra line.

You can see he runs much to rich, especially until 6500 rpm +-11 air/fuel. :o

My question: what do I have to do with my carbs? As I have non experience with it and would like to do it myself (for once :rolleyes:)...

I want to keep the stock (new) filter and at the end the cunsumption should be less, I hope.

Thanks in advance.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2624/powercurve.jpg

Blue: 75,5bhp and 68Nm (this dyno has a bad reputation of being very NOT optimistic)

SVDragRacer
02-04-09, 07:40 AM
If its running rich at the lower end of the rev range i'd say you'd want to adjust the air fuel mixture screw (2 to 2 1/2 turns seems to be the norm) to begin with. After that it may be worth looking at the pilot jet size and maybe down sizing, then maybe even the main jet and needle level depending on how things are towards the top end.

You could always get another filter like a BMC race one with the big ol' hole in it or de-snorkel a normal one, rather than drop the fueling you'd increase air flow.

HTH

yorkie_chris
02-04-09, 02:04 PM
Drop the needle a bit

Viney
02-04-09, 02:07 PM
What ^^^he^^^ said. 1 Notch shold do it

r4ce_e3nd
02-04-09, 04:58 PM
Ok, thanks. I will have a look at it. :)

yorkie_chris
02-04-09, 05:47 PM
A notch or maybe just a washers thickness. Above 12:1 is near enough.

Does it feel definitely flat low down, especially when hot?

With 1.5 notches worth of being too rich mine was very sloppy and wouldn't blip cleanly after 5 minutes or so of fast cruise.

johnnyrod
03-04-09, 12:47 PM
I'd go with Chris' recommendation, adjusting the pilot won't help that far up the rev range on full throttle