PDA

View Full Version : Fuses

PaulSV
02-04-09, 11:12 PM
Help just got home after being stranded at the side of the road. I have a K7 650 naked and it just died on me on way home from work, had all lights and everything, just stopped.Turned out after pulling bike to pieces in the dark by the side of the road it was the bloody ignition fuse that had blown, any clues as to why this would happen ? Once changed everything was fine and dandy and got home with no further problems.

Binky
02-04-09, 11:37 PM
Help just got home after being stranded at the side of the road. I have a K7 650 naked and it just died on me on way home from work, had all lights and everything, just stopped.Turned out after pulling bike to pieces in the dark by the side of the road it was the bloody ignition fuse that had blown, any clues as to why this would happen ? Once changed everything was fine and dandy and got home with no further problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't blow the fuse again soon. I think it may be that some of the wires are rubbing or chafing against the frame or some other bare metal on the bike. If this is the case it then shorts the circuit and the fuse will blow.

I had a similar problem. It just takes patience checking the wiring loom for areas that could be rubbing and then taking care of it.

HTH