PDA

View Full Version : Anyone made their own exhuast hangers?

skyline
03-04-09, 07:40 PM
Hi all,

I'm gearing up at the mo to put my m4 system on my curvy (gotta wait til my MOT is done later this month then on it goes, fingers crossed) :-D

I'd like to get rid of the passenger footpegs as well and replace the zorst one with a hanger, but the cheapest ones I can find are still quite a lot of cash...

So has anyone made a hanger? Would just a strip of ali with a couple of bends and a couple of drill holes be enough to do the job?

Thanks all :-D

Whitehouse
03-04-09, 08:46 PM
Im planning on doing one after wanting to change my can back to standard level, iv managed to get some 2mm thick steel from work that i wanna use. I would of thought aluminium would be fine aslong as its a fairly strong grade or a couple of mm thick, i know some types of ally can be a bit weedy.
I wanted to make my own because the slip ons iv seen that hang off the foot peg seem to angle away from the bike and dont look quite right

flymo
03-04-09, 09:07 PM
Hi all,
So has anyone made a hanger? Would just a strip of ali with a couple of bends and a couple of drill holes be enough to do the job?

Thanks all :-D

Yes absolutely, I've made a few of these for various race bikes I've owned. There is no way I would pay something like £80 for a manufactured one.

I did see a really nice job done on here months ago where the poster had neatly modified a pillion footpeg hanger so that it only provided an exhaust mount. It was a pointy I think and it had been painted black after modification, very nice job.

My Hindle race system came with a piece of aluminium that I had to cut to fit.

FG1
03-04-09, 10:18 PM
That might have been mine on my red K6. I am at work atm so can't get on photobucket but will get a piccy up tomorrow if I remember.

scoosh-89
04-04-09, 08:29 AM
This is one i had made for mine. It was made to lift the exhaust in to more higher level position. Bit of 3mm steal with some holes and painted black to match. Works a treat.

boo86
04-04-09, 08:47 AM

Thanks all :-D[/quote]

It couldn't be easier. I would never pay for one. I run a minimal one on my race bike see pic. It's just ali bar from B and Q

FG1
04-04-09, 09:14 AM
Here is mine. I just cut off the unwanted bits, filed it smooth and painted it.

I sold it to somebody on here but can't remember who.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/tonyw2000/Exhausthanger2.jpg

flymo
04-04-09, 09:35 AM
Here is mine. I just cut off the unwanted bits, filed it smooth and painted it.

I sold it to somebody on here but can't remember who.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/tonyw2000/Exhausthanger2.jpg

yep, that was the one I was talking about, nice job.

skyline
04-04-09, 01:05 PM
All fantastic jobs, cheers for your replies all! :cool:

Something like boo86's, or schoosh-89's, is the kind of thing I'm looking to make up.

Right, off to b & q to see what they have...

Orpheus
04-04-09, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I'm planning on doing this. In fact, i might give it a crack this weekend. Ill obviously post photos if it goes well.

I just cant reason paying £45 odd for one.