PDA

View Full Version : Slightly bent rear rim?

nobby
04-04-09, 02:09 PM
Just had the MOT done and got an advisory for a slightly bent rear bead, looks like some knobs done it removing the tyre with a lever.

Do you guys think its worth sending for refurb?

Ive tried a mallet to straighten it out with little success.

the_lone_wolf
04-04-09, 09:27 PM
Ive tried a mallet to straighten it out with little success.

i would recommend a wheel fitter...

or your mother...

or stevie wonder...

just for fecks sake don't you go near it again;)

cymroboi
04-04-09, 09:29 PM
how bad is the rim any photos ????

Interceptor
04-04-09, 10:12 PM
Get Tony Benson To Bray it out with his old railroad hammer...:smt021

you'll probably have to repaint the rim, when 'e's done.... unless you like the look of 'hammerite natural'.......

whenever I walk past his garage, it's like listening to the first few bars of Hi-ho, it's off to work we go, from Snow White & the Seven Dwarfes..... all shoutin' an hammerin'........

nope, just can't think of anyone more qualified for cloutin' metal......:rolleyes:

tj ready
04-04-09, 10:44 PM
when you tride doing it your sellf did you let all the air out of the tyer and was it off the bike aswell ? it is fine to do it your sellf as i have done my own aswell but you mus remember not to put heat in to it as it will cause stress in the ally and could cause a fractuer btw i am a full engener so i do now wat im on about lol thanks tj

nobby
05-04-09, 12:42 PM
i would recommend a wheel fitter...

or your mother...

or stevie wonder...

just for fecks sake don't you go near it again;)

Theres always one...;)

Its not going to show in a photo its too slight. Ive decided to leave till the tyre needs replacing..

Interceptor
05-04-09, 09:47 PM
If you come to need the details for the firm who straightened mine last Autumn, check the link below Nobster.....;)

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=116371&page=3

fat_brstd
05-04-09, 09:55 PM
No idea if getting it repaired is worth the cost or even how much it will affect the handling of the bike. If it rides fine then I wouldnt be too worried about it.

If you want it I've got a spare curvy rear wheel in the garage in perfect nick, probably need a new bearing as its been sat for a couple of years and the tires knackered on it but if its any use to you go for it. ps im based in bucks

nobby
06-04-09, 08:06 PM
I've got a spare curvy rear wheel in the garage in perfect nick

Thanks for the offer, Im going to leave it for the time being...cheers:cool:

the_lone_wolf
06-04-09, 08:08 PM
Theres always one...;)

and it's usually me;):cool: