PDA

View Full Version : Complete Electrial Failure :(

OxY
05-04-09, 01:24 PM
Hi!

I have a 2004 suzuiki sv650 which iv only had for a few weeks and everything was workin sweet until one mornin when i started the bike i hit the killswitch by mistake at the same time of startin it and now nothin works.

The bike wont start, doesnt make a single bit of noise and no eletrics expect for parkin lights. Iv checked the fuses and all seem fine and used a cheap multimeter to see if the battery is ok and even that seems fine.

Got any ideas? any help appreciated :)

(First Post YaY)

Baph
05-04-09, 01:40 PM
Firstly, welcome to the .Org. :)

You say you've checked fuses, do you mean just the ones in the fuse box? Have you checked the main 30A fuse in the starter relay (under the rider seat, behind the battery, clear plastic top with a black square connector going into the top)?

OxY
05-04-09, 01:42 PM
yea iv checked the fuses under the back seat and the 30A fuse under the front seat

TSM
05-04-09, 01:56 PM
Firstly, welcome to the .Org. :)

You say you've checked fuses, do you mean just the ones in the fuse box? Have you checked the main 30A fuse in the starter relay (under the rider seat, behind the battery, clear plastic top with a black square connector going into the top)?

If his parking lights are working then we can assume that the main 30A is fine.

Lift tank,check connector block that goes to ignition switch, check that its not corroded, not sure if its the same color as on the curvey SV (green).