PDA

View Full Version : If you have any AR organisation complaints.

Sid Squid
07-04-09, 10:23 PM
Please put them all in this thread so that they can be ignored.

And so that those who've spent time and effort trying to make something you can go to actually happen can do so without being annoyed by whining.

Anyone who isn't going but still feels the need to have an opinion, this is the place for that as well.

plowsie
08-04-09, 06:57 AM
Anyone who isn't going but still feels the need to have an opinion, this is the place for that as well.
Guess that puts me in here then, with my opinion on it all posted in the AR09 thread, put date time and place up. Purely from past years reputations the AR will be a sucess*, I knew no-one at AR07, come back and felt like I had made enough friends to last me a lifetime.

As said in the other posts, give people the choice, they will find gripes to have.

*that said, there is a lot of time and effort that goes into this to make this work.

the_lone_wolf
08-04-09, 07:00 AM

And so that those who've spent time and effort trying to make something you can go to actually happen can do so without being annoyed by whining.

:winner:

Grinch
08-04-09, 07:07 AM
I don't like your attitude, I don't think I'm going to come now.

plowsie
08-04-09, 07:11 AM
More importantly, there will be no cake for you anyway.

_Stretchie_
08-04-09, 03:30 PM
Ahh, every year it happens..

Looking forward to what is always a good weekend

FG1
08-04-09, 04:25 PM
I have to put my hands up to asking a question last year which unfortunately was a bit misunderstood and started negative comments in abundance.
It is a shame that people feel that they need to complain about certain aspects of the organisation. People put a lot of effort and time into the event and on a whole I would say that they are a success.
In all walks of life there are various events which could have been organised differently but if one thing is changed to please one person then somebody else will be complaining that it has changed.
Let the organisers do as they feel and just enjoy the weekend.

You can please some orgers some of the time but you can't please all of the orgers all of the time.

Unless of course, you are on a Thames Valley rideout.......:notworthy::notworthy:

TSM
08-04-09, 11:07 PM
Sir....Squid
My I submit my intent to protest?

Alpinestarhero
09-04-09, 01:53 PM
Pfffff....hmmm, i feel i should jump on the bandwagon and log a complaint to be ignored.

But you know what, I can't find anything to complain about. Keep up the good work organisers, I trust that whatever is planned is for the best given the circumstances and the situations we are faced with.

oooh i know

can i log a complaint about the complainers :D

Stig
09-04-09, 02:05 PM
The AR09 Mega thread will be opened up again soon enough. Leave the banter for there. This is for complaints.

Cheers

Si.

keith_d
10-04-09, 07:42 PM
Can people complain about their complaints being ignored???

yorkie_chris
10-04-09, 10:13 PM
With the price of camping at this event, myself and the Miss have decided to put the funds towards making a proper tour out of the Scotland rideout.

I wish you all the best for the weekend.

hovis
10-04-09, 10:42 PM
With the price of camping at this event, myself and the Miss have decided to put the funds towards making a proper tour out of the Scotland rideout.

I wish you all the best for the weekend .

how much is it?

i was unaware that the cost had been posted................ although i have been accused (twice) of moaning about the cost, which i have never done, as i dont know how much it is

:confused:

yorkie_chris
10-04-09, 10:44 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php?p=1751165&postcount=1

plowsie
10-04-09, 10:55 PM
Wow

timwilky
10-04-09, 11:37 PM
Don't comment, that will be classed as a complaint

hovis
11-04-09, 07:21 AM
http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php?p=1751165&postcount=1

£10 a night (per person)

thats fine with me......... i can kind of see your point as there is 2 of you, and you are from yorkshire;)

watch somebody try to say im complaining........... again](*,)

EDIT
Don't comment, that will be classed as a complaint
your probably right

Kilted Ginger
11-04-09, 08:23 AM
Major complaint, organising the ar09 on the same day as my wedding.

Hope you all have a great time.

ArtyLady
11-04-09, 02:46 PM

I wish you all the best for the weekend.

Please tell me this is a wind up? :D

missyburd
11-04-09, 03:54 PM
Nope we are deadly serious, tis the northernness rebelling within us :p

the_lone_wolf
11-04-09, 03:56 PM
:smt043

people, £10 a night???

surely it's worth that to watch hovis fall off the children's playground equipment???

hovis
11-04-09, 06:03 PM
:smt043

people, £10 a night???

surely it's worth that to watch hovis fall off the children's playground equipment???

it was half that last year;)

the_lone_wolf
11-04-09, 06:09 PM
it was half that last year;)

then i'll be expecting you to fall off twice as often this year;):p

Messie
11-04-09, 06:15 PM
Actually not exaclty half the price last year... quote from last year's planning....

The Costs
?7.00 per night for a single Man Tent
?10.00 per night for a Two Man Tent
?20.00 per night for a Four man tent
IMPORTANT EDIT: if you have a two man tent it costs 10.00 per night for the pitch and an additional 3.00 for the second person.

Yup, it's a bit more but costs of showers are included in the price as well as other things yet to be decided. This year the size of tent doesn't matter and we can have extra ones for shelter from sun/rain (delete as appropriate) at no extra cost

Any way, it'll keep the riff raff out lol:razz:

hovis
11-04-09, 06:26 PM
Actually not exaclty half the price last year... quote from last year's planning....

The Costs
?7.00 per night for a single Man Tent
?10.00 per night for a Two Man Tent
?20.00 per night for a Four man tent
IMPORTANT EDIT: if you have a two man tent it costs 10.00 per night for the pitch and an additional 3.00 for the second person.

Yup, it's a bit more but costs of showers are included in the price as well as other things yet to be decided. This year the size of tent doesn't matter and we can have extra ones for shelter from sun/rain (delete as appropriate) at no extra cost

Any way, it'll keep the riff raff out lol:razz:

i thought you quit?;)

Messie
11-04-09, 06:29 PM
Turned out I couldn't keep away! It's like an addiction

missyburd
11-04-09, 06:48 PM
The satisfaction you will gain when it's all over will be well worth it :cool:

hovis
11-04-09, 09:39 PM

i have the same problem with herion

FG1
11-04-09, 10:18 PM
really sorry messie but I dont think it will keep the rif raf out.

I will still be there.......:smt041

yorkie_chris
12-04-09, 02:48 AM

Nope, we are off up North where they sell proper beer and whiskey. I'm not paying £40 to put a small tent in the corner of a field for 48 hours. As with one of my first comments I believe such a price to be taking the pi$$. As much as I enjoy the social side of the AR's, I'd rather put my cash elsewhere.

As with my first post in this thread, I wish you the best for the weekend though I will not be attending.

With that I am unsubscribed and passing no further comment.

Messie I await a PM complaining about my dissent as other members have received.

Messie
12-04-09, 06:24 AM
Nope, we are off up North where they sell proper beer and whiskey. I'm not paying £40 to put a small tent in the corner of a field for 48 hours. As with one of my first comments I believe such a price to be taking the pi$$. As much as I enjoy the social side of the AR's, I'd rather put my cash elsewhere.

As with my first post in this thread, I wish you the best for the weekend though I will not be attending.

With that I am unsubscribed and passing no further comment.

Messie I await a PM complaining about my dissent as other members have received.

No PM Yorkie Chris - complaining is exactly what this thread is for. Enjoy whatever you decide to do with the money :kiss:

diamond
12-04-09, 07:53 AM
£10 a night is a bit pricey as far as camping goes most campsites i've stayed in and am staying in this summer are about £3.50 per night. If the extra cost is for organised butlins type stuff can we opt out? i'm not one to want entertainment, quizzes and all that stuff that has been mentioned on atleast the last 2 AR and thankfully not done. I just want to camp and ride and chat, no more.

This isn't so much a moan as a question about cost, but looking at other threads offence will probably be taken so sorry in advance.

Messie
12-04-09, 07:58 AM

Ooops nearly forgot the purpose of this thread lol

diamond
12-04-09, 08:31 AM
Is there any where we can ask questions that will get answered because i have another, it's one about parking?

Messie
12-04-09, 08:43 AM
There is plenty of parking on the site. All sorted

diamond
12-04-09, 08:45 AM
Is there a charge for parking?

Drew Carey
12-04-09, 12:00 PM
I think the main problem with cost is trying to justify going from £10 per night for two people last year, being £20 in total to now costing £40, it may just be me but that seems mighty steep for a bit of water. Just my four penneth. Hope you all have fun, decided not to go this year.

hovis
12-04-09, 12:53 PM
last year there was about 100 i dont think that many will come. But thats 2 grand. Will the soho lot be turning up in new leathers?

fizzwheel
12-04-09, 01:19 PM
Will the soho lot be turning up in new leathers?

Whats that supposed to mean ?

Messie
12-04-09, 03:17 PM
last year there was about 100 i dont think that many will come. But thats 2 grand. Will the soho lot be turning up in new leathers?

Hope so, some of them are a right mess at the moment ;)

PS We are hiring a venue. It's not the same as a campsite. You will not have to pay anything extra for electricity, showers, parking, motorhomes or special hugs from Bear. Additional costs for any person attending will be for their own food, drink and petrol (and all the other costs of running their own bike/car/motorhome) although I suspect if anyone breaks down or needs help on their bike in any other way there will be many people gladly offering time, expertise, tools and maybe even bits.
I'm not going to justify the cost of staying at the ridout venue any more. The ridout is free so if anyone wishes to just join in with that they may, and make their own alternative arrangements for accomodation. Or don't come.

diamond
12-04-09, 04:02 PM
I think your limiting the numbers that will attend, your pricing it out of peoples reach.
All i will say is economies of scale, if you price it a little cheaper more will come.

missyburd
12-04-09, 04:06 PM
I think your limiting the numbers that will attend, your pricing it out of peoples reach.
All i will say is economies of scale, if you price it a little cheaper more will come.
Nah, there seem to be plenty of people prepared to pay the prices so that's not going to happen. Everything seems to be finalised and in place now, well organised by Messie and the gang, I'm sure this year's AR will still have a splendid turnout with much boozing and frolics :)

As other half has said, we hope all goes well and the weather justifies the effort that has been put in! :-D

diamond
12-04-09, 04:08 PM
It's not how many people are attending it's about those that can't go. Money is tight for some on here and the AR should be open to everyone. I don't see where all the "profits" can be going, so surely a reduction in price to include more people is possible.

ArtyLady
12-04-09, 05:07 PM
It's not how many people are attending it's about those that can't go. Money is tight for some on here and the AR should be open to everyone. I don't see where all the "profits" can be going, so surely a reduction in price to include more people is possible.

I'm sorry but I'm one of the poorest people I know (seriously!) and it doesn't sound much to me for a weekend away - you'd pay that for a meal out for two people - perhaps there is something wrong with me :confused: (second thoughts - don't answer that :lol:)

diamond
12-04-09, 05:18 PM
I just like to see as many bodies as possible at the AR and others have already said they think the cost means they won't be coming.

Spiderman
14-04-09, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry but I'm one of the poorest people I know (seriously!) and it doesn't sound much to me for a weekend away - you'd pay that for a meal out for two people - perhaps there is something wrong with me :confused: (second thoughts - don't answer that :lol:)

So right there...and no there is absolutely nothing wrong with you!!!

I just like to see as many bodies as possible at the AR and others have already said they think the cost means they won't be coming.

So do we all mate. Thats what the AR is all about. However no-one if forced to come and camp, many peeps in the past have come for the rideout and the day itself.

Also dont forget that the money isnt just for a pitch in the camping area, it includes a lot more than that and i feel its very good value for maoney tbh.

A couple of years ago, partly due to costs and partly to not having my own tent i shared a tent with TSM. if money is tight for some then there are options other than expecting it to magically become cheaper. This is a no-profit event you know. Messie has put a lot of her time and not to mention her own money forward for all this to happen.
She has not once asked for money towards deposits that have to be paid etc so i think to keep banging on about the relatively small cost is just getting tedious now.

If she could have organised it all for a fiver per person dont you think she would have done?

diamond
14-04-09, 03:45 PM
Also dont forget that the money isnt just for a pitch in the camping area, it includes a lot more than that

This is my point why do we need more than a camping area. We make our own entertainment.:D

And as the cost is per person then sharing a tent as you say you did doesn't help.

hovis
14-04-09, 03:47 PM
what else does it include?

plowsie
14-04-09, 03:51 PM
Showers

Messie
14-04-09, 03:51 PM

Yawn - bored now. see post 40

FG1
14-04-09, 03:54 PM
I would like to complain about all the people complaining about the cost.
How long have we known there will be an AR09 ??? How long does it take to save up enough money to camp for the weekend ffs.
OK, so you might think it is expensive for what you are getting, that is your perogative (sp), but to say you can't afford it........
Let's think, a couple of beers less in the pub one night...one less take away in the week... surely it's not out of everybodys reach to save for the camping costs. Dare I say it but.....don't drink as much beer at the AR if you are hung up on the cost of camping....
I have to say that being a Northerner myself I have been known to "watch the pennies" but I think that some things are worth the asking. This weekend is definately one of them.
So, as a final note, if there are any 21 year old young ladies with a thing for old ginger men who would like to save a few quid then you are more than welcome to slum it in my tent. Anybody else, pay up you tight gits.

diamond
14-04-09, 03:56 PM
Yawn - bored now. see post 40
I thought it was an inclusive weekend for everyone to be able to attend not an opportunity for some one to run wild with big ideas that seem to be more akin to the bulldog bash than a rideout.

plowsie
14-04-09, 03:57 PM
So, as a final note, if there are any 21 year old young ladies with a thing for old ginger men who would like to save a few quid then you are more than welcome to slum it in my tent. Anybody else, pay up you tight gits.
No Under 18's :shock: They're cheaper :smt043

I'm just playing people

FG1
14-04-09, 03:58 PM
I am not fussy and am willing to move the goalposts if need be....

yorkie_chris
14-04-09, 04:00 PM
How long have we known there will be an AR09 ??? How long does it take to save up enough money to camp for the weekend ffs.

Having the money isn't the issue, I'm still not going to go to an event where I feel I'm being ripped off.

diamond
14-04-09, 04:02 PM

I was told this was the thread to moan in, so thats what i'm doing. I have no issue with the cost personally, but i would just like to know where my £10 is going seen as though 3 weeks after the AR i'm camping for £3.50 per night on a site with showers , toilets, shops, cafes and resturants. I can't help liking to know where my money is going.

missyburd
14-04-09, 04:02 PM

Lol! Pennies wouldn't be saved just by sharing tents though, money is paid per person, despite taking up the same amount of space. I think this is kinda what we're gettin' at.

But PLEASE don't think we're just being awkward, it's not just the price, really, we're just short on funds anyway and unfortunately we can't just turn up for the rideout as we're too far away :-(

Messie you're doing a brill job :-D

Messie
14-04-09, 04:11 PM
Having the money isn't the issue, I'm still not going to go to an event where I feel I'm being ripped off.

Lol! Pennies wouldn't be saved just by sharing tents though, money is paid per person, despite taking up the same amount of space. I think this is kinda what we're gettin' at.

But PLEASE don't think we're just being awkward, it's not just the price, really, we're just short on funds anyway and unfortunately we can't just turn up for the rideout as we're too far away :-(

Messie you're doing a brill job :-D

Mmmm do you two talk to each other? :rolleyes:

yorkie_chris
14-04-09, 04:13 PM
Occasionally :-P

Spiderman
14-04-09, 04:17 PM
Did you come last year? How much did it cost you all in?

I was told this was the thread to moan in, so thats what i'm doing. I have no issue with the cost personally, but i would just like to know where my £10 is going seen as though 3 weeks after the AR i'm camping for £3.50 per night on a site with showers , toilets, shops, cafes and resturants. I can't help liking to know where my money is going.

I'd love to know where this is please....maybe we can use it for next years AR. Can you post a link please?

yorkie_chris
14-04-09, 04:20 PM
Did you come last year? How much did it cost you all in?

Yes we were there last year

£50 in fuel
£20 (IIRC) for camping
whatever we spent there...

fizzwheel
14-04-09, 04:21 PM
I'd love to know where this is please....maybe we can use it for next years AR. Can you post a link please?

Campsite in Arromanches in France..

http://www.arromanches.com/uk/camping_tarifs.htm

Baph
14-04-09, 04:27 PM

I'm sorry, I did say to a few folks that I'd stay out of this section. I just couldn't resist.

:grouphug:

SoulKiss
14-04-09, 04:42 PM

That would be an public campsite where you can expect to get hassle for noisy.rowdy behaviour?

As opposed to us having exclusive use (if I am wrong, please correct me) of this venue?

I am sure there ARE cheaper campsites in Essex, but how many of them are actually fit for purpose with regards to an AR ?

Last year we didn't have any company, and the year before we had a field to ourselves.

But hey who cares - I'll be commuting from London this year so that I can spend £30 on petrol to save me spending £20 in camping fees......

Dave20046
14-04-09, 04:47 PM
what's all the hoo ha about?

ArtyLady
14-04-09, 04:54 PM
That would be an public campsite where you can expect to get hassle for noisy.rowdy behaviour?

As opposed to us having exclusive use (if I am wrong, please correct me) of this venue?

I am sure there ARE cheaper campsites in Essex, but how many of them are actually fit for purpose with regards to an AR ?

Good point - for example consider Dizzyblondes post about the bike not being allowed onto the campsite!

Spiderman
14-04-09, 04:59 PM

PMSL... is this what Diamond is really talking about Fizz? If so all i can say is we could rent out an entire 5* hotel in some didgy part of India for about 20quid for the week.

So lets be fair and only compare like for like eh? As Soulkiss says this is not a comunal campground with loads of "other" peoples kids running about wanting to sit on our bikes, or burning theselves on hot engines etc. Its exclsive to us and as such we are paying a bit more for that. I for one wouldnt want it any other way and if it was organised to be at such a place i would stay in a local B&B....point i'm making is we all have differnt tastes....if your taste isnt being entirely catered for then either make alternative, more suitable arrangments or come and have fun with things as they are.

Yes we were there last year

£50 in fuel
£20 (IIRC) for camping
whatever we spent there...

And spending £20 or so more makes you feel like you're being ripped off :confused:
I dont get it? Its not the same place as last year so obviously the costs are gonna be a little more/less just by that virtue alone. Where is the problem?

diamond
14-04-09, 05:31 PM
You don't like france well here's a few in essex
Colchester Camping & Caravan Park
Cymbeline Way, Lexden, Colchester, Essex, CO3 4AG
Tel: 01206 545551 Fax: 01206 710443
E-mail: enquiries@colchestercamping.co.uk
Web: www.colchestercamping.co.uk (http://www.colchestercamping.co.uk)
A parkland touring facility complete with electric hook-ups, a large play area, shop and lots of nature reserves and dog walks. Price: From £8.30 per night
Pitches for: Tents & Vans

Roydon Mill Caravan Park
Roydon, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5EJ
Tel: 01279 792777 Fax: 01279 792695
E-mail: info@roydonpark.com
Web: www.roydonpark.com (http://www.roydonpark.com)

Separate areas split Motorhomes and Touring Vans from tents. Price: From £5.85 per person, per night
Pitches for: Motorhomes, Tents & Touring Vans

Kelvedon Hatch Camping & Caravanning
Waren Lane, Frog Street, Kelvedon Hatch , Brentwood , Essex , CM15 0JG
Tel: 01277 372773
Web: www.myccc.co.uk (http://www.myccc.co.uk/MA_MembersArea/SiteFinder/SiteDetails.aspx?SiteId=6180)

All the peace and quiet of a rural site, with the added bonus of being only 20 miles from LONDON. Price: From £4.00 per adult, per night
Pitches for: Tents & Touring Vans

Sorry if you think i'm being a pain but i just want to know where my money is going.

diamond
14-04-09, 05:34 PM
So lets be fair and only compare like for like eh? As Soulkiss says this is not a comunal camp ground

I could be wrong but but all the AR's i've been on 05, 06 and 08 we have had our own field.

missyburd
14-04-09, 05:36 PM
Why do I feel like all this discussion is based on comments we've made. Money is clearly of different value to others, we're students lol! Please just accept that we don't wish to pay it and leave it at that? Its of no consequence to the people organizing whether a tiny minority decide to come or not.

I thought the OP stated comments posted in here would be ignored, they're clearly not being. I don't want to feel like I've offended others when I clearly haven't set out to do that. We haven't asked for you to reduce prices just for us, not even implied that. I have said the organisation and effort put into AR09 overall is a good job but then you of course already know that and don't need me to tell you. I strongly recommend you carry on with the good job and don't fret about any complaints made in this thread, seeing as that was why it was made in the first place :-)

ArtyLady
14-04-09, 05:38 PM
I could be wrong but but all the AR's i've been on 05, 06 and 08 we have had our own field.

Exactly!!!!!!!! That is what is happening this year! :rolleyes:

Messie
14-04-09, 05:40 PM
I asked there. It's less than a mile from my house.
They didn't like large group bookings, they don't take bookings for less than a week at high season, it's about 500 yards from the A12. I didn't get as far as asking about bikes!
Bulldog Bash - £55 otg
Bum in the Mud (local rally) = £20
Glastonbury - £175
Cambridge Folk Festival (which I am missing for the AR09) £100

diamond
14-04-09, 05:41 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!! That is what is happening this year! :rolleyes:

For twice the price:confused:

Spiderman
14-04-09, 05:42 PM
Actually i love France and enjoyed riding there too. My point was that we should keep cost comparisons on a like for like basis.

the others you have posted are also about £4-6 for a pitch....but this is sharing with everyone in the campsite...not an exclusive site for us to make as much noise, have a fire, park bikes by our tents etc.

So in a way you've kinda justified why it'll cost a couple of quid more for that exclusivety.

Could you imagine being on a campsite where old folks would emerge from their caravans at 9pm, wearing brown and beige cardigans and telling us "some people are trying to sleep you know" and then giving us dirty looks all of the following day.

Sounds almost like the nightmare they faced on Top Gear when they decided to go caravaning and find out what its all about.... but without the fun of setting fire to things.

ArtyLady
14-04-09, 05:45 PM
Well I've been to the venue and it's absolutely delighful - beautiful rural setting and in the grounds of a quaint Essex pub :drink: - what more could you want :D

(lets face it theres no pleasing some people)

diamond
14-04-09, 06:04 PM
(lets face it theres no pleasing some people)

I just want to make an informed decision on what i'm getting for my money, because i could spend another £10ish a night and get a B&B with an exclusive shower an exclusive toilet and an exclusive fry up in the morning :D and not have to carry all my camping gear.

Baph
14-04-09, 06:34 PM
I thought the OP stated comments posted in here would be ignored, they're clearly not being.

Thank you!!!

Sorry, I mean "LALALALALALALALALA I can't hear you 'cos I'm not listening!"

caz650s
14-04-09, 07:24 PM
You don't like france well here's a few in essex
Colchester Camping & Caravan Park
Cymbeline Way, Lexden, Colchester, Essex, CO3 4AG
Tel: 01206 545551 Fax: 01206 710443
E-mail: enquiries@colchestercamping.co.uk
Web: www.colchestercamping.co.uk (http://www.colchestercamping.co.uk)
A parkland touring facility complete with electric hook-ups, a large play area, shop and lots of nature reserves and dog walks. Price: From £8.30 per night
Pitches for: Tents & Vans

Roydon Mill Caravan Park
Roydon, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5EJ
Tel: 01279 792777 Fax: 01279 792695
E-mail: info@roydonpark.com
Web: www.roydonpark.com (http://www.roydonpark.com)

Separate areas split Motorhomes and Touring Vans from tents. Price: From £5.85 per person, per night
Pitches for: Motorhomes, Tents & Touring Vans

Kelvedon Hatch Camping & Caravanning
Waren Lane, Frog Street, Kelvedon Hatch , Brentwood , Essex , CM15 0JG
Tel: 01277 372773
Web: www.myccc.co.uk (http://www.myccc.co.uk/MA_MembersArea/SiteFinder/SiteDetails.aspx?SiteId=6180)

All the peace and quiet of a rural site, with the added bonus of being only 20 miles from LONDON. Price: From £4.00 per adult, per night
Pitches for: Tents & Touring Vans

Sorry if you think i'm being a pain but i just want to know where my money is going.

You need to get your facts right ... I looked at the website for the last place that you reckon you could camp for £4.00

Its £7.49 per person + £6.46 for the pitch for your tent
for The time of year we are going .. so even if you were a member I make it £13.95 A night !!

Makes a tenner sound good value to me !!!

Spiderman
14-04-09, 07:42 PM
You need to get your facts right ... I looked at the website for the last place that you reckon you could camp for £4.00

Its £7.49 per person + £6.46 for the pitch for your tent
for The time of year we are going .. so even if you were a member I make it £13.95 A night !!

Makes a tenner sound good value to me !!!

Good point, well made Sir.

Diamond...i understand where you are coming from now re what do i get for my money or am i better off going to a B&B?

Hopefully everyone else now sees the £10 perperson/per night is actually very good value for what we are getting and we can put all this cost issue behind us and lok forward to the AR...which is always fun no matter how much bitchin and moaning we all do before it ;)

diamond
14-04-09, 09:14 PM
Good point, well made Sir.

Diamond...i understand where you are coming from now re what do i get for my money or am i better off going to a B&B?

Hopefully everyone else now sees the £10 perperson/per night is actually very good value for what we are getting and we can put all this cost issue behind us and lok forward to the AR...which is always fun no matter how much bitchin and moaning we all do before it ;)

I give up:( all i want to know is what i get for my money. i.e is there a shop on site, do i have to pay more for tokens for the showers, is there a cafe/resturant on site maybe to get food at breakfast or dinner. But know one seems willing to give a straight answer. I didn't think it was to much to ask, and when organisers start getting defensive about it then it makes me a bit nervous about where my money is going, it might end up as **** as last years venue.:D:wink:

plowsie
14-04-09, 09:20 PM
it might end up as **** as last years venue.:D:wink:
I give him permission to dig you for that, that was rich :smt019

;)

Messie
14-04-09, 09:39 PM
I give up:( all i want to know is what i get for my money. i.e is there a shop on site, do i have to pay more for tokens for the showers, is there a cafe/resturant on site maybe to get food at breakfast or dinner. But know one seems willing to give a straight answer. I didn't think it was to much to ask, and when organisers start getting defensive about it then it makes me a bit nervous about where my money is going, it might end up as **** as last years venue.:D:wink:

ANSWERS - All provided in previous posts, but repeated here for the hard of reading

Showers are included in the price as is electricity. Showers are in a brick built block but I havn't checked inside that yet.

It's a PUB. There is no shop. There will be food available for purchasing from the pub. I am still negotiating breakfasts, hence the recent poll. There may be a hog roast on the saturday evening.

see here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=122667

and here http://www.huntsmanandhounds.co.uk/ (http://www.huntsmanandhounds.co.uk/)
although the marquee seen in the pictures will NOT BE THERE

diamond
14-04-09, 09:44 PM
Thank you, i could see there was showers but i'm sure it said no where that they were free.
As for the breakfast and hog roast i assume these will be at an extra charge, this will not be a problem it is just nice to know.

Messie
14-04-09, 09:52 PM
See post #40 of this very thread :rolleyes:

diamond
14-04-09, 09:55 PM
That answers the shower question thanks.

Perhaps retrospectively telling us a cost before every thing was confirmed was a bad idea, details feel a little vague and i'm like a dog with a bone when i'm spending money.

I think i will avoid the threads about this until nearer the time when i might be able to get the final details about whats going on.

hovis
14-04-09, 10:07 PM
it might end up as **** as last years venue.:D:wink:
maybe;)

PS We are hiring a venue. It's not the same as a campsite. You will not have to pay anything extra for electricity, showers, parking, motorhomes or special hugs from Bear. Additional costs for any person attending will be for their own food, drink and petrol (and all the other costs of running their own bike/car/motorhome) so whats the differance between a "venue" and a campsite? i cant see the need for electric if your in a tent

yorkie_chris
15-04-09, 01:20 AM
And spending £20 or so more makes you feel like you're being ripped off :confused:

Yep.

SoulKiss
15-04-09, 06:52 AM

But you are asking in the wrong thread - this is the bitching thread, not the answers thread.

The answers thread has been temporarily closed because of the bitching - hence the bitching thread.

Normal service will be resumed...... when everyone stops bitching I assume....

fizzwheel
15-04-09, 07:53 AM
I've unlocked the AR09 megathread, so if anybody has a genuine question that they feel hasnt already been answered then they can ask it in there.

This is a forum, by its very nature its should be open and accessable to all.

That means that

If you want to ask a question then you should feel that you are able to

Your question should be answered or you should be directed to a thread or post that contains the answer

If theres no present available answer, the issue will be looked at and an appropriate answer found to your question, if its a tricky issue further work may be required so dont expect an answer straight away.

If you're not involved in organsing the AR, then STFU and let the people who are doing the hard work in the background answer the question. I dont want people who are not sure whats going on being persecuted or some kind of witch hunt being instigated against people who have asked a genuine question.

If you want to moan, fine get on with it, use the moaning thread but try to remember that your negative comments, may spoil other peoples perception of what I believe is going to be an excellent weekend as these weekends alwaya are.

I think we need to move this forward and we wont do that if people have questions that arent being answered or they dont feel like they can ask for fear of being shouted down, this is not what the forum is about and its not the spirit of our forum. I've noticed before that when people feel that their voice or opinion is being surpressed that the actuall issue or problem bubbles away and will keep re-surfacing in other shapes or forms until its answered or dealt with properly.

If you dont feel able to ask on the open forum, then drop a PM to one of the organisers, Or your quite welcome as always to PM me.

Fizz

yorkie_chris
15-04-09, 09:38 AM
If you want to moan, fine get on with it, use the moaning thread but try to remember that your negative comments, may spoil other peoples perception of what I believe is going to be an excellent weekend as these weekends alwaya are.

I'm done here. Hope it's a good un for y'all.

caz650s
15-04-09, 06:35 PM
That answers the shower question thanks.

Perhaps retrospectively telling us a cost before every thing was confirmed was a bad idea, details feel a little vague and i'm like a dog with a bone when i'm spending money.

I think i will avoid the threads about this until nearer the time when i might be able to get the final details about whats going on.

Hi Diamond,

I hope you make it to the AR09 & have a good time.

Please don't feel that you are being ' ripped off ' more often than not the organisers of these events end up out of pocket .... let alone all their valuable time they have given up to sort things out so that we can all have a good time.

See You there !!

Steve_God
28-04-09, 08:38 PM
Complaints? About the organisation?
Eh?

monkey
29-04-09, 12:21 AM
I'd like to complain that last year we didn't have any washing facilities at all and there was also mud on the grass and gravel to overcome. Also the beer in the pub made me feel funny. I'd like reassurance that this year for my 10 English pounds per person per night I will receive a personal wash in a jacuzzi from several pretty ladies and be fed champagne all night which will not make me feel funny.

I look forward to complaining about this years AR in the threads for next year's AR.

Quiff Wichard
11-05-09, 11:32 PM
do not go - they are poor. !! long ride for nuffin..

I lie-

go- have fun ride safe- make friends- feel invigorated--

and above all.

avoid me!!:D

phil24_7
12-05-09, 06:37 PM
Oh, Quiff. Part 2 of my long-term hustle coming this year at the pool table! :-D

plowsie
13-05-09, 07:50 AM
Oh, Quiff. Part 2 of my long-term hustle coming this year at the pool table! :-D
You feckin wish boyo...

LETS TAKE THIS TO THE AR MEGATHREAD BIAAAAATCH!!!!!!!!

chris8886
13-05-09, 07:36 PM

en guarde! ;)