PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Kangaroo race gloves - any good?

SV650S_DUB
15-04-09, 03:50 PM
Afternoon all.
I'm interested in getting a new pair of gloves, something leather with decent armour/protection.
There are so many brands around and all the serious eye candy gloves seem to be north of a hundred quid.
I saw these Wolf Kangaroo sport gloves (see link) and they seem to offer a pretty decent product for a good price.
What I'm wondering has anyone any experience of these gloves or Wolf products in general? Are they well made or likely to fall apart when needed?
Thanks for any feedback/advice.

http://www.cissburyleathers.co.uk/wolf-kangaroo-race-glove-2008-specweb-offer-only-i1547.html

Foey
28-04-09, 07:27 AM
Afternoon all.
I'm interested in getting a new pair of gloves, something leather with decent armour/protection.
There are so many brands around and all the serious eye candy gloves seem to be north of a hundred quid.
I saw these Wolf Kangaroo sport gloves (see link) and they seem to offer a pretty decent product for a good price.
What I'm wondering has anyone any experience of these gloves or Wolf products in general? Are they well made or likely to fall apart when needed?
Thanks for any feedback/advice.

http://www.cissburyleathers.co.uk/wolf-kangaroo-race-glove-2008-specweb-offer-only-i1547.html

I've had a set of Wolf textiles for two years & my son has had a set for about 18 months & we cant find fault at all, he has also got a pair of Wolf gloves, not sure if they are the same as the ones you are looking at but they have been excellent too, very soft & flexible with good protection, I'm 90% sure Wolf started out making Moto X stuff so they know how to make stuff to last. I'd deffinately buy Wolf stuff again.

You could always PM Pegasus for another opinion (i'm sure he wouldn't mind), he has the same trousers as me & a Wolf leather jacket.

SV650S_DUB
30-04-09, 01:30 PM
Afternoon Foey,

thanks for your reply.
It sounds like, from your own experience at the very least, that Wolf leathers are pretty well put together.
In the end I saw a good deal on Alpinestars GP Pro Gloves, 40% off, so I plumped for them. Hopefully they're not a load of ar5€ as they've a five year old very nicely made pair of IXS gloves to live up to!
Thanks again.

Dub.

D.plode
29-10-09, 07:17 AM
Dont go cheap on gloves and I would always recommend the gauntlets because they offer way better protection. Anyways, that is just my .02 cents, hope you get the answer you are looking for

wiggleit
29-10-09, 08:52 PM
No experience of Wolf brand but my Richas are kangaroo hide and would highly recommend it.very soft with plenty of palm n finger sensitivity.

ScottWilson
19-01-10, 01:33 PM
I wear a pair of these gloves, in that colour. I tried on the Medium and Large and opted for the large. Having had these gloves for about two and a half years now they've stretched, so I wish I'd gone for the medium. Logged in my Lessons Learned Log.

Good gloves though, I'm pleased with them.

cF^
19-01-10, 06:55 PM
I got a pair of those from cissbury last june and they're holding up really well. Now they're nice and worn in you can barely feel they're there when you're on the bike. I love em! No signs of falling apart, velcro still works, stitching is fine, armour feels protective in the right places.

Only downside I would say is that the cuff seems to be the wrong length for my leather jacket. On my textile jacket I tuck the glove inside the jacket arm to keep me nice and warm (no problems), on my leather jacket the cuff will sit on the outside of the jacket but only just, it tends to push against the cuff of the jacket instead of sitting far enough down the arm of the jacket to not cause any issues. Hope you understand that? :s Anyway it's not a nuisance for me, just a minor niggle but I thought i'd mention it nonetheless! Don't notice it after you've been out for 5 minutes.

Sally
19-01-10, 08:08 PM
Can't reccomend wolf kit highly enough.
Have a textile suit and gloves, similiar to them, but less spec and all black.

Both holds up well, well made, and tough.

Can off in both, and no marks on any of my kit.
That was a off at 40mph and into a grass verge.

Only now, after 2.5 years only bit which looks worn, is the velcro on the gloves, which the stitching is just starting to come away, but thats after around 25K miles, through all weathers and badly abused by me!
Quick trip and £5 to a seemstress, brand new.

Gloves fit like a glove, excuse the pun.

HTH.