PDA

View Full Version : 50 quid for lost ipod

tonyk
17-04-09, 03:38 PM
Took the daughter to brighton on wednesday on my route. on one of the roads, her ipod fell out; we went and backtracked but no luck in finding it...........:smt022
it was probably thrown into the grass; im planning to go there again this Sunday 19 April and have another good look.

If any one wants to come and help us look they will get...
(A) good ride out..
and
(B)get fed for their trouble.....:smt106

The person who actually finds the ipod will get a £50 bonus !..................................
only applicable to one person only...unless you want to share................................

timwilky
17-04-09, 04:02 PM
Reminds me of my dad who had a skinfull in Skipton in the 60s. He needed to stop on the way home and managed to loose his false teeth.

The whole family next day walked from Preston to Skipton looking for a pile of puke in the verge and hopefully a set of teeth nearby.

No luck for him that day

DanAbnormal
17-04-09, 04:10 PM
Surely it would be safer and less hassle to just buy a new ipod?

SoulKiss
17-04-09, 04:32 PM
Surely it would be safer and less hassle to just buy a new non Fruit-Based MP3 player?

Fixed for you Dan :)

tonyk
17-04-09, 06:17 PM
If i'm willing to pay £50 to find it....cos
it's bacause it's worth a lot lot more AND it's got lot's of things on it......
oh well, but if i have to replace it i will.........
Damm that's going to burn a hole in my pocket....
there is a chance. I roughfully know which part of the road it is,
nawrrowed it down to @ 1/2 mile...
A nice walk in the country side..
PS
we could all pertend were walking the dog.!!!! ha ha ha...

kurtis.randle
17-04-09, 06:33 PM
ill do it for 12 sunday roads brought to my door .DEAL

kurtis.randle
17-04-09, 06:34 PM
ill do it for 12 sunday roads brought to my door .deal

edit :within 3 months not a primise then ten years later down the line .lmao

tonyk
17-04-09, 07:27 PM
would that be a yea or nay ?.

Stig
17-04-09, 08:37 PM
I have an ipod in my draw that I never use. You can have that for £50. It's not worth that much but I don't mind.

DanAbnormal
17-04-09, 10:53 PM
Tell you what if you find it I'll give you some money! :p

Stu
18-04-09, 12:04 AM
Is the ipod close to Brighton? or a bit closer to home? (as in if i don't want to go all the way to Brighton :???:)

tonyk
18-04-09, 12:11 AM
It's near west dean on the A286 ........

Stu
18-04-09, 12:28 AM
OK I'll meet you at http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1872184#post1872184 and go with you from there. It's obviously worth something to you although all this time out on te road in this weather I wouldn't hold out too much hope mate :(

philbut
20-04-09, 10:48 AM
hope you found it tony, but it was a long shot i reckon!

tonyk
21-04-09, 02:32 AM
hope you found it tony, but it was a long shot i reckon!

I did try, but no luck, have resided that it's a goner........
oh well, i'll buy her a new one..

tonyk
21-04-09, 02:35 AM
will keep an eye out every time i ride past...................

ps.. If anyone see's a sheep with a ipod near the village of Singleton on IT belongs to ME !!!...

Stig
21-04-09, 06:30 AM
Tony. I lost my bike, will you buy me a new one too?

Seriously, sorry it got lost dude. How many times have we all done that? Even now I keep getting to work get to the gate, go for my pocket to get my pass and realise my pocket has been left open all the time. :roll:

DanAbnormal
21-04-09, 12:12 PM
Sorry TK. Can we go look for iPod sheep now? :smt045

I lost my wallet once after riding the bike. Got home and had a missed call, rang it back and it had been found near my parents place and had a receipt for a bike I'd bought with my mobile number on it. What are the chances of that eh?!

Lost it again a week later on the M3. Never to be seen again.

Doh!

philbut
21-04-09, 12:38 PM
I've recently lost the alarm fob for the ZZR somewhere on the oxford ringroad -and I have no spare, which is an **** as they don't make them any more for that model.

A bit of carful ebaying should ahve you a nice one at far less money mate. Ipods are always coming up on ebay. infact, here in one local to me at the mo, any good?....

http://www.dailyinfo.co.uk/unified_adboard.php?col=ee

Look 4th from the bottom of Mondays ads.

Stig
21-04-09, 02:45 PM
I lost the bolt that hold on the gear change lever on the YZF somewhere on the A4. :roll:

philbut
21-04-09, 02:50 PM
I lost the bolt that hold on the gear change lever on the YZF somewhere on the A4. :roll:

i've had that happen on a CBR before. used a sick to get me home, worked a treat!

FG1
21-04-09, 04:06 PM
Phil, why would you have a bolt that holds the gear change lever on a YZF, on a CBR ????

Stig
21-04-09, 04:18 PM
i've had that happen on a CBR before. used a sick to get me home, worked a treat!

I used one of the pillion hanger bolts. :p

Warthog
21-04-09, 04:32 PM
Take heart, I lost an mp3 player from a car (don't ask) in the middle of wales. Next day I did the route backwards and found it! Scratched and wet from the rain overnight but still working! May I add it was a Creative, not a fruit-based product. Still working years later!

walkaboutandy
22-04-09, 10:41 PM
You fixed your bike using SICK!!! Ha haha.....thats proper mechanic skill that!? Where did the sick come from or did you have to produce it yourself? PMSL!!!!:D