PDA

View Full Version : Osram nightbreakers

Holdup
29-04-09, 11:11 PM
Fitted some but havent had chance to ride at night yet although when i put my bike away earlier i could tell that they are brighter and shine further, great improvement although i think you pay most of the money for the packaging they come in!

Jamiebridges123
30-04-09, 12:37 AM
They're only like £13 on fleabay inc postage. :|

Was looking at some myself, SV will take a H4 yes?

mattSV
30-04-09, 05:37 AM
Yep - UK spec SV will take two H4 lamps.

I have just changed my ST headlights over to Nightbreakers - huge improvement over the standard ones.

Holdup
03-05-09, 11:28 PM
Ridden at night with them now went through a pitch black straight 40mph zone and used both low and high beam and they were f**kin excellent massive improvement over the standard bulbs

Spiderman
06-05-09, 04:52 PM
Ridden at night with them now went through a pitch black straight 40mph zone and used both low and high beam and they were f**kin excellent massive improvement over the standard bulbs

Good to know, will keep an eye out when i need replacments as i have an unlit section of motorway to deal with and its not so bad now but in the winter months when i go out its night-time and when i get back its night-time, lol.

ophic
06-05-09, 04:56 PM
Good to know, will keep an eye out when i need replacments as i have an unlit section of motorway to deal with and its not so bad now but in the winter months when i go out its night-time and when i get back its night-time, lol.
I changed my bulbs to Osrams 5 years ago and they're still going strong - silverstars cos the nightbreakers hadn't been invented back then.
So perhaps waiting to need replacements might be a bit futile as the stock bulbs might well outlast the bike.

Spiderman
06-05-09, 05:30 PM
You sir, make a good point there. Again. Can you stop doing that please, or do i set that big soppy muppet on you to erm, lick you a lot? lol.

But your idea involves spending money i dont need to spend yet. Hmmm maybe nearer the winter months.

Do you have any experience of the Nightbreakers vs your Silverstars btw Ohpic? I'd like to know which is better cos it was always percieved that the Silverstars were "the best".

dizzyblonde
06-05-09, 06:46 PM
ahh yes, thanks for reminding me to get them on the shopping list for next month. I think you can still get the silverstars on fleabay...at much cheapness, if not nightbreakers were on the list anyway.

Edit £8.50 a pair 8) I can get them for both bikes at that price.

Dumb question. I know they are H4, but sometimes it says 'H4 car' any difference? or am I just being thick!

Jamiebridges123
06-05-09, 07:02 PM
H4 is H4, IIRC. It's an industry standard.

ophic
06-05-09, 09:33 PM
do i set that big soppy muppet on you to erm, lick you a lot? lol.
Trust me you don't need to. He's quite willing already.
Do you have any experience of the Nightbreakers vs your Silverstars btw Ohpic? I'd like to know which is better cos it was always percieved that the Silverstars were "the best".
The silverstars were the best at the time I bought them. Marketed as 50% brighter. But now they've invented the nightbreakers which are now the top of the range, supposedly 70 or 80% brighter. So the nightbreakers should be better. Never tried the nightbreakers though.