PDA

View Full Version : 15k service help

stevie16v
12-05-09, 03:44 PM
I have managed to in only two months go from 13500miles to 15200miles so the 15k service is a must! Its a 2002 curvy
However, I have never carried out a major service on a bike and not really wanting to start now incase i mess it up. I have phoned around and quotes seem to be about £280 which i cant really afford just now. So is there anyone near Greenock that is mechanically minded, this is moreso for doing the clearances etc, that wouldnt mind helping me out and i could part with some hard earned cash for their help, Or a full car valet if that'd be more beneficial?
I can do a fair amount myself, Its just the major stuff as below
tappet clearances
Carb sync

Kilted Ginger
12-05-09, 07:25 PM
may be worth goving this guy a call, I personally haven't used him but others have and gets good reviews. Might be prepared just to do the technical bits for you.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=131633

stevie16v
12-05-09, 08:06 PM
good shout. Cheers. I spoke to my mate who was a car mechanic for a fair few years and done alot of bike work aswell. His attitude was, If it aint broke, dont trty and fix it! lol. I like to know my machine is running well tho, esp since im getting more used to it and pushing it a bit more

dyzio
13-05-09, 12:29 AM
To be honest with you, I did my 15k service at 18k (but I've changed the oil/filter every 4k) and the bike ran perfect till I sold it at 30k. 280 is lower than I paid for mine.
No, I'm not saying you should forget the service, maybe you'll have the $$ in a month or two.

Jamiebridges123
13-05-09, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't personally risk leaving it much further than 16k..