PDA

View Full Version : Bike Gloves

metalmonkey
18-05-09, 12:40 PM
Okay so here is my problem....

For those of you that know me, I'm quite small hence I have small hands.

I'm after set of summer gloves for road/track use (don't see the point in having loads of pairs of gloves) I want well made ones, that have the right amour. But I have short fingers! I have tried on loads of pairs gloves recently, but the are too long fingers manily. I tried on a pair of Alpienstar Sp2 gloves size;small.

So can anyone think of gloves of the above spec, for smaller rider? Its driving me insane, trying to find stuff that fits:smt101

SoulKiss
18-05-09, 12:44 PM
Okay so here is my problem....

For those of you that know me, I'm quite small hence I have small hands.

I'm after set of summer gloves for road/track use (don't see the point in having loads of pairs of gloves) I want well made ones, that have the right amour. But I have short fingers! I have tried on loads of pairs gloves recently, but the are too long fingers manily. I tried on a pair of Alpienstar Sp2 gloves size;small.

So can anyone think of gloves of the above spec, for smaller rider? Its driving me insane, trying to find stuff that fits:smt101

Hein Gerricke do a XS sized gloves.

ophic
18-05-09, 01:05 PM
Hein Gerricke do a XS sized gloves.
These were too big for Miss Ophic. She eventually found some Alpinestars gloves in XXS but they were for ladies :rolleyes:

Paws
18-05-09, 01:07 PM
Id try ladies gloves tbh, but even then you may struggle

missyburd
18-05-09, 01:10 PM
Probably going off on a bit of a tangent so sorry Ophic but .... is it possible to get custom fit gloves like made to measure leathers?

dizzyblonde
18-05-09, 01:11 PM
Halvarrssons. I'm lucky that I have man hands in comparison to some, mine are an 8, but they do even littler ones.
Worth the money and very well made. I've got two different types from them. One is an all year glove, with knuckles, the other a summer short length one, with knuckles.

dyzio
18-05-09, 01:15 PM
I also have problems with finding the correct size, for summer I have HG xtra fit gloves (no armour though), HG is definitely worth a visit.
You might have to check out the ladies section as well.

SoulKiss
18-05-09, 01:17 PM
Probably going off on a bit of a tangent so sorry Ophic but .... is it possible to get custom fit gloves like made to measure leathers?

Well if you cannibalised a set of wornout gloves for their armour, I have a book on glovemaking I can lend you :)

metalmonkey
18-05-09, 01:44 PM
I also have problems with finding the correct size, for summer I have HG xtra fit gloves (no armour though), HG is definitely worth a visit.
You might have to check out the ladies section as well.

I don't want a pair of the HG gloves one of the guys had a pair of pro sport gloves, the seams bust really easy after a low impact off. I don't want to take the chance, espically when they are £80. I would rather find another brand.

missyburd
18-05-09, 02:29 PM
Just don't get Frank Thomas whatever you do :neutral:

Stu
18-05-09, 02:46 PM
Summer gloves - I love my Racer gloves on my small hands.
Infinity had silver ones for £70 for a long time, normally £100, could bring on Friday if you want?

dizzyblonde
18-05-09, 02:48 PM
I've tested the Halvarrssons ones on impact, just scuffed them. All armoured knuckles still here!

metalmonkey
18-05-09, 09:04 PM
Summer gloves - I love my Racer gloves on my small hands.
Infinity had silver ones for £70 for a long time, normally £100, could bring on Friday if you want?

That would be good thanks!