PDA

View Full Version : Boots 2 big for my bike?

leesh00
11-06-09, 10:54 PM
Hi wonder if anybody can help me out with this - Ive been using my styl martin sports/touring boots for over a year now and have been looking to change for a while.

So I ordered a pair of rst fusion of the internet, when they came I was very happy with the look of them - so far so good.The fit was good so I thoughts thats that, however when I got on the bike I found that I couldnt get my foot under the gear leaver properly and I had absolutley no feel through the uppers and kept knocking it out of gear without realising!

I do have size 11 feet, but didnt have a problem before, when I put them next to my old boots they are definatley thicker around the foot and alot stiffer type leather.

Is there anybody that has had this type of problem with boots and if so do you know of any make/type that are generally thinner around the foot with good feedback from the lever.

SoulKiss
11-06-09, 11:04 PM
Hi wonder if anybody can help me out with this - Ive been using my styl martin sports/touring boots for over a year now and have been looking to change for a while.

So I ordered a pair of rst fusion of the internet, when they came I was very happy with the look of them - so far so good.The fit was good so I thoughts thats that, however when I got on the bike I found that I couldnt get my foot under the gear leaver properly and I had absolutley no feel through the uppers and kept knocking it out of gear without realising!

I do have size 11 feet, but didnt have a problem before, when I put them next to my old boots they are definatley thicker around the foot and alot stiffer type leather.

Is there anybody that has had this type of problem with boots and if so do you know of any make/type that are generally thinner around the foot with good feedback from the lever.

Or you could just take 2x 10mm spanners to your gear lever push rod and raise the end of the lever a little........

leesh00
11-06-09, 11:11 PM
Or you could just take 2x 10mm spanners to your gear lever push rod and raise the end of the lever a little........

True that would solve half the problem, id still have the issue of not being able to feel the lever though....

SoulKiss
12-06-09, 05:55 AM
True that would solve half the problem, id still have the issue of not being able to feel the lever though....

There is that - however just remember that the thicker the boot, the more protection. :)

How long have you had them? The *might* soften up a bit - or more likely you will just get used to them.

leesh00
12-06-09, 06:26 PM
There is that - however just remember that the thicker the boot, the more protection. :)

How long have you had them? The *might* soften up a bit - or more likely you will just get used to them.

Yeh your probably right - they are new and my others I bought second hand, so are well worn and supple - could maybe try smashing them with a lump hammer :smt021 - hammers the universal solution to any problem :thumbsup:

Sally
13-06-09, 04:29 PM
I had touring boots for over a year, they had holes, bought a pair of sidi's.

Felt exactly the same as you when I changed, but you just get used to it.
I didn't change any positioning either.

leesh00
13-06-09, 10:31 PM
I had touring boots for over a year, they had holes, bought a pair of sidi's.

Felt exactly the same as you when I changed, but you just get used to it.
I didn't change any positioning either.

Im starting to think this might be the simple explanation, thats touring boots are just a lot more comfortable and user friendly than sports boots.... go figure :rolleyes:

Sally
14-06-09, 04:31 PM
Yep..

My 'sports' boots are really comfortable now theyre bedded in.
Can wear them walking around coillege all day without any hassle..

Just they can get a little hot, so the results aren't pleasant to the nose.

littleperson
14-06-09, 04:47 PM
Its just like shoes they at their best when they are ready for the bin!!!!!!!!!!