PDA

View Full Version : Airoh helmets, any good?

sauluk
14-06-09, 10:31 AM
Like the look of the force and it's got a built in visor.

Not heard of them before now, sharp results look good for full face helmets but don't know if I should trust that as my condor is 2 star!

maviczap
14-06-09, 12:01 PM
Noisey, I got rid of mine, although the internal sun visor was great.

Mine was the flip front model which might explain why it was so noisey

sauluk
14-06-09, 01:55 PM
Ah, I was looking at this one
http://www.mandp.co.uk/netalogue/photos/large/233679.jpg
So hopefully it wouldn't be too noisy, I'd like to try one on before I buy but I don't think there are any dealers around me

maviczap
14-06-09, 02:21 PM
Doesn't Toseland wear Airoh now?

The force will strong with you,

looks nice

speedplay
14-06-09, 02:27 PM
nice lid, I really like mine :cool:

JediGoat
14-06-09, 02:53 PM
The simple answer is the one I say over and over again - a £100 helmet that fits you properly is better than a £500 one that doesn't.

It is not a case of just thinking, "I like that helmet, what is my size?". Accept the fact that some models of helmet just won't have a size that fits you - there are two many variables in the internal shape.

Go find an Airoh dealer, try one on, leave it on for 15 mins or so. Do not be rushed, any reputable dealer will take some time with you to make sure that the helmet fits correctly.

Most importantly never compromise on getting a good fit just because you like the design of a helmet.

HTH :)
Jo

sauluk
14-06-09, 08:19 PM
That's what happened previously. Really liked the look of the AGV helmets but they fit me terribly, the front was pressed right up against my face. Arai Condor fit perfectly but wouldn't be my choice on style.

Problem is I can't find an Airoh dealer

svrich
14-06-09, 10:19 PM
I'm loving mine. Came to it after my Caberg flip front was totaled after my accident. By comparison, it's loads lighter, better vision, quieter (although the vents whistle but earplugs have sorted that) and appears to be much more solid. My only complaint is that it fogs quickly when stopping in rain, and if you open the visor a notch the rain runs down the inside and makes it worse. I've got an anti-fog insert that I bought for the Caberg and didn't get round to fitting, so hopefully that should sort that. At £135 delivered I'm very happy.

vannus
15-06-09, 05:23 PM
Dont know where you are located but this site might help
http://www.feridax.com/dealer_locator/index.php?id=Airoh

DarrenSV650S
15-06-09, 10:28 PM
I'm disappointed with mine. I get a lot of wind coming under the chin of the helmet and blowing in my face. And the vents whistle even when they are closed, and I can hear them even with ear plugs in.

I wouldn't recommend it

JediGoat
15-06-09, 11:53 PM
Problem is I can't find an Airoh dealer

As Vannus points out, any dealer who stocks goods from Feridax (i.e. Shoei, Sidi, Spada) will be able to get Airoh helmets for you. However, remember they cannot send them back, so they will have to buy the lid and then hope you buy it.

If you get stuck, PM me your location and I'll speak to Feridax and find a stockist for you.

Jo

DarrenSV650S
18-06-09, 08:49 PM
Please don't buy an Airoh. I'm so disappointed in mine I am flogging it on ebay. It is unbearably noisy even with all the vents closed. The wind noise just seems to be everywhere, it totally ruins the ride.
Your face also constantly gets battered by wind - it feels like I'd riding with the visor open.

Seriously you will be disappointed if you buy one

speedplay
18-06-09, 09:01 PM
Please don't buy an Airoh. I'm so disappointed in mine I am flogging it on ebay. It is unbearably noisy even with all the vents closed. The wind noise just seems to be everywhere, it totally ruins the ride.
Your face also constantly gets battered by wind - it feels like I'd riding with the visor open.

Seriously you will be disappointed if you buy one

Personal opinion.

Ive done 5000+ in mine and I love it.

Everyone has different tastes though

DarrenSV650S
18-06-09, 09:32 PM
Personal opinion.

Ive done 5000+ in mine and I love it.

Everyone has different tastes though
How do you put up with it? My old lid was a caberg v2 and I thought that it was noisy, but it's heaven compared to the airoh. My eyes were watering by the end of the ride after being battered by wind the whole way.

GavinD
19-06-09, 09:09 AM
It really depends on head shape though. I find shoei unbarable but arai fine and my friend is the exact opposite even though we are the same helmet size.

Although Arai will costomise your internals for free and service your lid yearly!

speedplay
19-06-09, 04:45 PM
How do you put up with it? My old lid was a caberg v2 and I thought that it was noisy, but it's heaven compared to the airoh. My eyes were watering by the end of the ride after being battered by wind the whole way.

As already been said it depends on head size.
I always wear ear plugs when riding and never had a problem with wind entering the helmet.
Its certainly no noiser than my arai rx7.
Maybe its just not the lid for you.